Yunnan Gold

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

Black tea from the Yunnan region of China. Yunnan tea is easily identified by its luscious soft leaves, and a unique peppery taste. The ‘Yunnan Gold’ as the name implies is an exceptional quality tea with beautiful gold-colored leaves and an abundance of rich peppery flavor. Allowed to take only one tea to a desert island, ‘Yunnan Gold’ would be the clear choice.

About Adagio Teas View company

Great Tea for mornings and coffee substitute, I use a tea spoon of German rock sugar to make it more pleasant for early mornings. I use the same leaves 3-4 times so its great for study sessions.

One of my favorite black teas.

Still on the fence with this one. I’m trying to like it. The leaves (dry and wet) smell better than the liquor itself. This tea is a little on the expensive side to be on the fence. Glad I just bought a sample.

Tried this for the 1st time this morning. Liking it a lot! Slightly malty with hints of pepper.

This is an excellent full-bodied tea. It has a nice hearty taste to it with a very friendly roasted malt flavor. This tea is one of my favorites!

A very tasty tea, I really enjoyed the smell as it was steeping. It tastes great, I can barely taste a hint of pepper. I will be drinking more of this tea! fR

Yunnan Gold has been a tea staple for me over the past years. Smokey and peppery – nice kick to wake you up in the morning.

Lovely peppery blend that’s absolutely perfect in the evening.

This was the tea that began my love of Yunnans. I love the earthy, peppery flavor of this, though that’s not a flavor profile I typically care for. I really want to try their Yunnan Jig to see the differences between them.

This is the bagged version which I keep at my department for when I’m supposed to be working….certainly the most enjoyable black tea that I have ever had out of a bag.