Yunnan Noir

Black Tea Leaves
Fruity, Honey, Malt, Sweet, Wet Earth, Cocoa, Earth, Pepper, Smoke, Spices, Toasted, Dark Chocolate, Metallic, Molasses, Roast nuts, Yams, Grain, Wood
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
High
Edit tea info Last updated by IllBeMother221B

From Adagio Teas

Yunnan is a region in China known for growing large-leaf tea. High mountains covered by mist, clean water and rich soil form ideal growing conditions and contribute to the unique flavor of Yunnan black tea. The Yunnan Noir is a hand-rolled version of this famous variety, with tightly rolled leaves into a “black snail” shape. The aroma is sweet with hints of honey and fruit. To the palate it is red wine-like with notes of fruit and cocoa and reveals an intense depth of character with each beguiling sip.

About Adagio Teas View company

Tastes like Strawberry Poptarts.

From the tea-journal:
This one was very reminiscent of coffee. Since I used to be a heavy coffee drinker, this one tasted pretty good if I added the usual coffee dressings of milk and sweetener. I am not sure it is smooth enough to entice me to buy more, though. I will have to give it a few more tries.

I’m mainly a green tea drinker but this was good. Not good enough to buy again but good enough to finish what I bought and move on. I didn’t get the wine notes some have described, rather a simple black tea. I have to admit the aroma is quite unique and pleasant, but when it comes to black tea I’d rather stick with Assam.

This was a pretty strong black tea and well the peppery notes were just too strong to me and I did not steep this very long either.

I found this to be immensely, overwhelmingly cocoa-y, to the point where it was more reminiscent of burnt hot chocolate than tea. Definitely prefer the Jig.