Edit tea info Last updated by Ilya Kreymerman

• “Sipdown! Thanks to *gracebtlb* for this share. Super excited to try the new teas she sent me! I opted to try a giant mug of this one because I want to save the puerh for when I can really sit and...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4923 tasting notes
  • “I agree with previous reviewers that this definitely has more of a bitter almond rather than a sweet almond taste, which is fine by me. I am a big almond junkie, so this was one of the first teas I...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “This is an ok tea. I think that I've had so many marzipan teas at this point that are amazing that it makes this one seem a little blah by comparison. It's definitely not the best almond tea that...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “As others have mentioned, I found this tea to be a tad bitter although I did not oversteep it. I think next time I'll give it 3 mins. instead of four. It's pure almond and I have had better...” Read full tasting note
    Doulton 255 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Combining savory almond slices with the bright, full taste of Ceylon black tea, the Almond tea is a great stand-alone drink as well as the perfect dessert complement. In fact, it is so versatile that, if you don’t like our Almond tea, you’re probably the one that’s nuts.

About Adagio Teas View company

Thought I would test some almond flavored teas tonight, starting with this one. I have to admit that I don’t have high expectations. I find Adagio’s flavored black teas (the ones I’ve tried, which includes ones before joining Steepster) to be bitter.

Well, this one smells nice…. love the scent of almonds! Oh gosh, there is that slightly bitter black tea taste again (sigh), but it’s not toooo bad this time. Could be the tbs. of honey that is helping. The almond sits back and blends well, if I could only get past that bitter black tea … oh well. For the record, I hate (hate hate) coffee, and am very sensitive to bitterness. This tea will not be my friend.

p.s. my tea does not have any almond pieces that are in that picture… doublechecked… nope.

The smell of this tea reminds me of almond cookies: sweet and inviting. What makes it even more interesting is that it tastes like it smells. It has a very smooth feel, no bitterness at all.

I left this one unopened for a very long time because I thought I wouldn’t like it. I made a cup while cooking dinner. As I stirred the pasta, I reached for the tea. It literally caught me by surprise. A pleasant surprise. This tea would be amazing with a pastry! Huh, maybe that is what I will make for dessert.

This is my second favorite of the Adagio flavors I tried. (Strawberry was tops.) We really enjoyed this tea and the pot was dry in a lot less time than usual. I tried it plain, with sugar, and with milk and sugar. Milked and sugared, it is delicious, reminiscent of the amaretto cookies I like so much. This is one I’ll probably order again, or it will at least push me to try the almond offerings from some other companies.

I’m not entirely sure how to feel about this one.

The tea itself is pretty solid. It’s not as sweet as I expected — more of a raw almond flavor than toasted almond — but I actually appreciate that. It blends pretty well with the tea to make a nicely flavored but sort of unexciting cup. Overall, it’s not bad, though.

BUT my problem comes from the scent. It smells like almond extract, but in an artificial way that is pretty off-putting. Steeping it mellowed the smell, but not nearly enough. It’s kind of ruining my enjoyment of the tea.

I think I would like this tea more if I hadn’t just burned my tongue on it.

Boo Boo Rocks Out

They have the water temp really high for blacks, don’t you think? I usually boil water then wait 30 seconds before adding it to my black tea.

Definitely almond flavor, leaning to amaretto, but this didn’t overwhelm the actual tea. Not intrinsically sweet, which I appreciated. A little sugar brought out the almond flavor. Nice with milk.

The bitterness is very noticeable. I like to add some sugar and cream (and some amaretto if I’m feeling adventurous!). The almond taste is not that strong, I was hoping for more of a sweet marzipan type flavor. Sweet almond is my favorite flavor and the search for a delicious almond tea is still on!

I enjoyed this tea- it has a solid almond flavor, which is not at all sweet. For those who want a bit of sweetness in a nutty tea, try the chestnut. Here you’ll get a very dry almond flavor, that works at pretty much any time of day.

gmathis

I have to be careful not to overbrew it…it tends to go bitter on me. But pretty good with milk.

Brewed this up this morning and added a drop of bitter almond oil to bring out the almond flavor (I’d found it to be weak previously). It helped and next time I might add some almond slivers as well. Still not a favorite though.

Thank you TeaTiff for swapping some teas! I always love to try the Adagio flavors… they are usually spot on. This one is no different! At first, the flavor is like I’m chewing actual raw almonds, the nuttiness that they have. Then at the back of the sip the flavor shifts to a marzipan. So it’s almost like I’m drinking a tea with two types of almond! No actual almonds are in my sample that I can see. I guess Adagio wanted to be double accurate with the flavors this time. The black tea itself is never too terrible, this time it seems a little cardboardy, unless that is the almond itself but I’m not going to complain when I usually love the flavors. I’ve had better almond/marzipan teas though.
Steep #1 // just boiled // 3 min