Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

The old adage ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’ has never been less applicable than with the delicious Apple tea. Infusing the flavor and aroma of fresh picked apples with the lively, deep taste of premium Ceylon black tea, this delight is sure to attract doctors as well as other tea lovers.

About Adagio Teas View company

Sunday Sipdown #2

Okay, when I first started drinking tea, Adagio was my GO TO spot. Everything tasted AMAZING to me.

Now, everything tastes bitter and gross. I’ve deduced it’s one of three factors:
1. Before, I didn’t use quite boiling water, as I mostly microwaved the water
2. I’m steeping too long or with too much tea leaves?
3. I’ve just gotten used to better quality tea.

So, this cup, I tried steeping shorter time (1min 30 instead of 3 minutes). Still bitter. Dumped that cup out and did a 1 minute steep with the same leaves. Still bitter, now just watery. I’m going to try again after this watered down cup with less leaves and not so hot water.

I REALLY WANT TO DRINK ALL MY ADAGIO TEAS I GOT LAST YEAR FROM TEA SUBSCRIPTION, BUT I CAN’T GET ANY OF THEM TO TASTE GOOD!!!!!

Advice?!?!?!?!

Alphakitty

The black Adagio bases are so finnicky, I think less than boiling water is the way to go.

I love green apples, so when my friend offered this to me, I jumped at the chance! Very tart and crisp. More to follow

Thank you BrewTEAlly Sweet for this sample! I like this one – a nice black base (always love Adagio… well mostly) and an apple flavor that is kind of like fresh bright green apples but a little bit like Jolly Ranchers. I’ve had worse apple teas. There is some sort of tiny leaf that looks like strawberry or raspberry leaves but they aren’t in the description. Doesn’t seem to affect the flavor anyway. Plenty of apple pieces in the blend as well. Tons of apple flavor, whether it’s from the apples themselves or some sort of flavoring (probably both). This would probably make another nice iced tea. I’ll enjoy the remaining couple of teaspoons I have.

Steeping for 3 minutes at boiling is more than enough for this tea. Not too sweet but very aromatic. I enjoy this with a spoonful of granulated cane sugar.