Blackberry

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Oh adagio....how i hate your black base. This smells divine! It even tastes quite delicious, until that black bitterness hits. I'm going to try the last of this cold brewed so that I can see if...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5079 tasting notes
  • “I totally didn't realise I reviewed this tea once before. Like back when I was in my Steepster infancy. Huh. I forgot this in the fridge. Though forgot is kind of generous. I knew it was there, I...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown #3 (I think that puts me at 220) Really just drinking this to lessen the load on my cupboard a bit, but it is kind of tasty, in a bright fruity pipe tobacco sort of way. It will be good...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3010 tasting notes
  • “My sample was the perfect size to make a gallon iced. After I made my gallon, I heated up a 16oz mug. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE blackberries. They are the one fruit I will buy all year round if I can...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Want to make a great tea that is distinct yet unique? Surprise your friends by serving the refreshingly delicious Blackberry tea. This premium Ceylon black tea infused with sweetly tart blackberries is an adventure for your palate, sure to provide rich, tasteful rewards.

About Adagio Teas View company

This is my absolute favorite flavored black tea. I have never noticed the bitterness others have mentioned. I do add Splenda to get extra sweetness but I do that with every tea I drink. I wish they offered a decaf version so I could drink it later in the day. I mix this one with so many flavors and love those as well. Great hot or cold.

Not a bad tea, but since I like fruit teas, this one seems a little lacking. It is kind of on the tart side from how I was thinking it would taste. One way I was able to improve the taste was to blend with Adagio Cream at a 1:1. Blackberry Cream is pretty good, but I have to rate this one as a stand alone and not a blend. As a blend, I gave it about a 75.

Good solid tea with berry hints. I steeped mine for five minutes (two minutes longer than Adagio’s suggestion) and added milk and sugar and was pleased with the outcome. Gentle but definitely present blackberry aroma and taste was simply very nice.

Something very artificial and bitter about it. I think it’s the taste of the blackberry leaves themselves I’m not liking. I’m usually all about blackberry tea, but not this one.

By it’s self I am not a huge fan of the tea. It’s a bit bland and in others it comes off as too sweet. For me I prefer it when it’s mixed with other teas. It really shines then but by itself not so much. By far though it is not the worse I have tried and don’t mind it on occasion.

Blackberries are probably my favorite fruit. That might be part of why this disappointed me so much. I cold steeped it, like the rest of Adagio’s flavored blacks (trust me, it is the cure for the black base bitterness problem), and it was STILL leaning on bitter, and the blackberry was faint. Kind of meh.

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I really enjoy it. It’s got just enough blackberry flavor to be noticeable without being overpowering. I’ve never noticed any real bitterness to the tea, or if there is, it’s not enough to bother me.

I was not a fan of this tea. Its a little strong and bitter. Doesnt taste like sweet blackberrys like I was hoping.