Blueberry

Black Fruit Blend
Blueberry, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “So we've had the Almond Avalance and the Peach Pandemic seems to be winding down. I saw (I forget who you were, sorry! Suzi?) someone mention that they wouldn't mind it if the next big trend be...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1257 tasting notes
  • “Blueberry… I’m always on the hunt for a good blueberry tea. I used to think that I wanted an over the top blueberry flavor, or even blueberry muffin, but I've found that I like a good black tea...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 645 tasting notes
  • “<3 well i havent been doing as much lurking because ive been doing research on betta fish because i have a 10gallon tank and wanted more than 1. i knew you could put females together but i read...” Read full tasting note
    Kitch3ntools 84 tasting notes
  • “I recently ordered a sample of this as I am always on the lookout for a good blueberry tea that I can easily obtain (because of my intense love of Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish from 52teas...). ...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 971 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Studies are rolling in showing that one of the healthiest foods that you can eat is a blueberry. Studies on tea are pouring in as well, extolling its many health benefits. The one-of-a-kind Blueberry tea combines the best of both worlds: the great flavor of blueberry with the bright, full taste of Ceylon black tea.

About Adagio Teas View company

So we’ve had the Almond Avalance and the Peach Pandemic seems to be winding down. I saw (I forget who you were, sorry! Suzi?) someone mention that they wouldn’t mind it if the next big trend be something with blueberries. I support that. Blueberry Blitz, yes please.

I’m getting more and more fond of this one for every time I have it. I thought the first time that the blueberry was nice but subtle, completely in contrast with everybody else. I had a cold at the time. The next time I tried it I was getting better and there was much more blueberry flavour in it. Now there seems to be even more. I’m worried about what might happen if I keep drinking this. ;p

Mmmm. Good morning tea when you’re on holiday. (Now for that NaNo wordcount. cracks knuckles)

Suzi

:D That was me!

If you keep drinking you’ll turn into a big blueberry ala Veruca Salt! But yes, bring on the Blueberry Blitz!

Angrboda

I could think of worse things to turn into. :)

But…But I don’t have any blueberry teas. DX

~_^

Angrboda

Don’t worry Jillian, because I’m running out of mine really quickly, and I can’t really afford to shop tea this month. Maybe Blueberry Blitz would only cause me to end up in a state of deep jealousy…

Blueberry… I’m always on the hunt for a good blueberry tea. I used to think that I wanted an over the top blueberry flavor, or even blueberry muffin, but I’ve found that I like a good black tea with just enough blueberry flavor to make me smile. That’s what this tea delivers.

I’m not sure what base tea Adaigo uses, but I’m a fan. It’s strong enough to kick me into gear, but it’s not bitter (as long as it’s not over brewed). On top of the tea there is a blueberry flavor that’s all fruit. Not candy or jam. It’s so simple that at first I thought it wasn’t all that special, but before I knew it I was looking at the bottom of my cup and contemplating brewing up another one. It really is everything I want in a blueberry tea, tea and blueberry. :)

Angrboda

I believe they use some sort of Ceylon for the base.

Veronica

Thanks!

<3 well i havent been doing as much lurking because ive been doing research on betta fish because i have a 10gallon tank and wanted more than 1. i knew you could put females together but i read that you need 4 or more in a 10 gallon so no1 gangs up on another 1 :p because i felt my brian was fried from reading about fish i wanted something good and easy for my fiancee to make me. :D this is an all time back up! i LOVE this tea i swear every time i drink it i get reminded of how much i enjoy this

fcmonroe

Love betta fish!! I relaly want another one. We haven’t had one around the house for about a year.

Jillian

A male betta (or Siamese Fighting Fish as the species was oh so dramatically called) was my first pet when I was small. Are you getting a male aswell or just females?

Kitch3ntools

i already have 2 males (in separate tanks) and now 4 females :) there was 1 other male that i liked alot at petco but we were on a mission for ladys :p ive already introduced them to the tank and 2 are trying to assert dominance but the larger one backs off last minute. they are very fun fish! my 2 males have completely different personalities and already 1 female when i look in to check on them will swim over to my face and get in my line of sight :)

Jillian

So are you trying to breed them?

Kitch3ntools

no, ive tried b4 years ago. i had a successful spawn but went to school 1 day came home and all the fry had gotten a fungus because the father was not taking care of them. i tried to salvage them but sadly they all ended up dieing. i think breeding will be eventually in the future, far in the future (my fiance is interested in doing it, we start school this week and cannot afford to be away for too long in case spawning happen) i wanted a comunity tank and i wanted more bettas lol. i didnt know how many i needed to keep the peace which was y i did so much reading.

I recently ordered a sample of this as I am always on the lookout for a good blueberry tea that I can easily obtain (because of my intense love of Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish from 52teas…). This one is pretty good. I think I like the Blueberry Pie version from Teas Etc. a little better, but both are just good.

Anyone else know of a good blueberry black tea with good prospects of availability?

gmathis

Trader Joe’s has a Blueberry Green that I really, really like … are you near one?

SimplyJenW

Yes. Not much of a green fan, though.

The Purrfect Cup

I don’t know of a good blueberry black tea, but Blueberry Bliss from Teavana (a rooibus) is pretty good.

SimplyJenW

I do have a Teavana close, but I have not yet made it there. I might have to check it out at some point.

KeenTeaThyme

Blueberry Syrup from CA Tea house is pretty good. I have some left from my sample, if you want to try, PM me. :)

SimplyJenW

KiTT-What I should have said: Thank you for the offer, but that one is an herbal. I really am looking for a bluberry black. I do so appreciate the offer, though!

KeenTeaThyme

DUH – just saw the last sentence of your review! I just glossed over that part. My bad!

KeenTeaThyme

To make up for my earlier faux pas, I just found a decent blueberry black tea – bagged, too, surprisingly. Mlesna Tea. It was a free sample with my Culinary Teas order but it’s so yummy I’d buy it!

SimplyJenW

Thanks KiTT…I will look for that!

SimplyJenW

Oooh. Looks like it comes in loose leaf, too!

Thank you to TeaEqualsBliss for sending me some of this tea. This has to be the best non-custom-blended flavored black tea that I’ve tried from Adagio. Usually I get that brassy harshness from Adagio’s black tea base, but, not here. It is really quite pleasant. Brisk, not bitter, and pleasantly mellow when compared to some of the other black teas I’ve tried from Adagio.

The blueberry flavor is sweet. More sweet than tart, but there is a little tartness toward the finish. Still, I don’t get that “berry tingle” of tartness that I typically get from berry flavored teas. That’s neither good nor bad, it’s just what I’m experiencing. This is more like a candied blueberry taste than a true-to-fruit taste to me. I like it anyway!

Another from the Flavors sampler. It has 5 teas in it instead of the usual 4. I’ve been pondering that, for no particular (or good) reason.

I’ve had blueberry flavored white tea that I liked quite a bit, but this is my first blueberry black tea. I’m a big eater of the blueberry, I have them on cereal at least a few times a week. So I’m excited to try this tea.

In the sample tin, the smell isn’t identifiably blueberry. It’s sweet and fruity, but it isn’t giving me berries. I’m also not seeing any of those big honking whole blueberries in the picture on this page in my sample, though admittedly I didn’t dig through to the bottom to look for one.

Interestingly, I’m getting a lot more blueberriness in the steeped tea’s aroma. It’s a kind of a high note that hovers over the tea right at the edges of the heat that it gives off in the cup. I wouldn’t say it’s strong, but it’s definitely blueberry. The liquor is a particularly lovely shade of that red infused orange/brown Ceylons often seem to have.

The flavor has blueberries! Pretty amazing, considering it can be something of a subtle flavor even in the fruit, that it can stand up to a black tea base. But there it is. A sweet and very definite blueberry flavor interwoven among the tea base.

It’s not as hard hitting as the apricot was, but I like it for what it is at least as much as I liked the apricot. It’s really hitting the spot today, as I’m under the weather with some nasty summer thing. Fever for the last few days, a cough, aches, weird electrical pains a day or so ago, and fatigue. The 6 year old had something similar about a week and a half ago, except he had a sore throat too, which fortunately I don’t have. The BF is coming down with it apparently. He was describing the electrical shooting pains this morning, so I know I’m not crazy…

mpierce87

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon! Yay for the flavored sampler though, I’ve considered it before and your tasting notes make it sound really awesome.

__Morgana__

Thanks mrawlins2, tea and rest is my motto for today! The flavors sampler is a good one, I was pleasantly surprised. One thing that is cool about it is I’m fairly sure they used the same base for all the teas. It helps (me at least) highlight the flavors if I’m not also trying to taste the tea each time for its own flavors, too.

Tea #26 from Traveling Tea Box C

I’m actually really surprised to find I’ve never tried or picked this up before — I love blueberries!

The blueberry scent in the dry leaf is present, but not overpowering. And smells nice and natural.

I’m not huge on Adagio’s black base, because it has some astringency I don’t like, and it’s a little fickle with bitterness. But cold-steeped, it circumvents all that.

The blueberry flavor is so good. Juicy, fresh, sweet blueberries, in a strength I’m actually surprised with. I like this blueberry flavor more that DT’s.

Next summer I’ll be cold steeping this all season long. Yum!

Iced 8 min or more

This Blueberry is certainly my friend. My friend is going to be gone after today and will be missed. Maybe it will be reincarnated some day (another purchase). Regardless – I am going to enjoy the time we will spend together today. (See how many resteeps I can get).

Jillian

Alas poor Blueberry, I knew thee well…. ;)

I ♥ NewYorkCiTEA

So how many did you get?

Another good sample from Adagio that I somehow went through without noting once. It’s a solid black blueberry tea. I think if I were seeking out a tea in that category, I’d aim for the Bar Harbor version, but that’s only because I have strong memories associated with that particular tea.

Second tea sampled from TTB-C

Meh. This has slightly more flavor than the Black Current tea I tried first and its lacking the cardboard flavor too, which is a plus, but it still isn’t what I am looking for in a fruity black tea.