Black Tea, Natural Caramel Flavor
Caramel, Smooth, Brown Sugar, Maple Syrup, Smoke, Tobacco, Bitter, Coffee, Mocha
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Karen M
Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 10 oz / 288 ml

• “mmmm. This tea is saving me from finals weeks stress! I know I’ve been absent, but I appreciate everyone on here so much and all their wonderful tea notes! I have exciting news! I am going to...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 541 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to a nasty canker sore, every tea I have (painfully and agonizingly) sipped this week tastes like Orajel. Finally improving to the point I can pick up a little flavor, so I decided to treat...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1867 tasting notes
  • “Woohoo! Another sample done! My tea stash has gone down pretty dramatically in the last month or so. I still have a lot of small samples from the fine people of Steepster, but I’m running...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “I have been holding out on having another cup of this since my sample is starting to run low, but today I caved. It was just as delicious as every other cup of this I have had. I am really...” Read full tasting note
    caitlin 392 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Depending on where you’re from, you may either say “car-a-mel” or “CAR-mel.” Any way you put it, though, this premium Ceylon black tea complemented with rich notes of caramel flavoring (that is sugar free!) is sure to have you saying, “wow! that’s good!”

About Adagio Teas View company

Sweet, rich and complex. This is dessert in a cup without over-the-top ingredients or flavors. Caramel, maple syrup and brown sugar with a smoky tobacco note along for the ride. More maple syrup forward than caramel, but still awesome. This decadence is a treat worth having.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Caramel, Maple Syrup, Smoke, Tobacco

Overboard TTB

This was ok but not great. The tea had a mocha-like flavor, and while there were caramel notes they weren’t as light or as sweet as I’d prefer. I’m not sure if the base tea attributed to the mocha flavor or if a shorter steep time would help. I’m also not curious enough to find out, so back into the box it goes.

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cameron B.

I haven’t been terribly impressed with Adagio thus far, although mocha tea sounds tasty. :P

There are a few Adagio teas I’m a big fan of, but their base tea often leaves me wanting.

I got this as a free sample in my recent Adagio order. Upon opening the bag, the scent came exploding out – it’s very loud :D I brewed it up and it calmed down a bit, and is quite good. I drank it with splenda and half&half, and the second cup with splenda and milk. Good both ways. I am not sure that I would order this, as I tend to prefer a maltier or smokier tea. But as a freebie, it’s good and inoffensive.

I hope all my friends here had a good holiday. I had a very quiet Christmas – spent C. Eve with friends at their house, but then was home alone Christmas day, playing with Lego and watching bad TV. I still have today and the weekend off. I need to get off my butt and go out and pick up the workbench for the garage my folks sent me money for as a present. I don’t think I am quite ready for the crowds though!

Flavors: Caramel

The dry leaf had a strong, decadent caramel scent, but it didn’t carry over to the flavor. The base tea had a pleasant smokiness, but was more bitter than I prefer. The caramel was just barely present. I’ll have to try this again with milk and/or sweetener, but I was disappointed with it.

Flavors: Bitter, Caramel, Smoke

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I think I may have oversteeped this tea, I lost track of time. It was a bit bitter at 5-6min so I’ll review again with a shorter steep time.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

I hate that. Get distracted for what seems like just a moment, and next thing you know, the tea is bad.

brown sugar, mocha, coffee!
real emphasis on mocha.
this was amazing!!!!!!

i get the sweet caramel for sure but i can’t stop thinking of a mochaccino!!
coffee/mocha/caramel are really pleasing to my taste buds and i was not expecting all that to come from this tea! what a pleasant surprise.

smells like mocha coffee syrup. and the best part….you can also taste it! the ‘caramel’ flavor translates to the tea very nicely, and of course i had to add brown sugar & soy milk. what a heavenly cookie. mercy!

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Caramel, Coffee, Mocha

This is one of a few teas I traded with Stephen Hockman. Thank you so much! No matter how artificial Adagio’s flavors are, they are usual SPOT ON so if the flavor is at least there and actually seems what it should be, I’m fine with artificial. This is the most caramelly caramel teas I’ve ever tried, and it doesn’t even have those caramel cubes in that blend. Just flavoring on their black tea base. It isn’t like a realistic caramel, but the flavor is surprisingly strong. It’s very milky and sweet. The second steep had a ton of flavor as well, so it doesn’t all disappear in the first cup. I don’t get the low rating on this.
Steep #1 // 4 min after boiling // 3 min steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min

T&C TTB Tea # 10 – Backlog May 24

I apologize again for the massive spam of reviews. The baby made me do it. I mean, what she does is stop me from posting one at a time in a reasonable fashion. I need to get these up here before my next TTB comes around, or else I’m super screwed.

This one I should have drank prior to the Beer Butter tea, because the caramel is basically the dominating note in that tea, so this one didn’t taste too different to me.

Not half bad, a different sort of caramel flavour than I’m used to, though I can’t quite put my finger on what makes it so. I had it with milk.

Slightly bitter.

Nice to try, but not awesome or anything.

Smells of caramel and tastes like it but not too overpowering. I found that adding some sugar made the flavor come out more. Very delightful for someone who likes caramel. Great treat!

I can taste the caramel in this, but it isn’t an impressive interpretation. I’m not getting any intensity or creaminess, it’s just sort of a run of the mill caramel, like a caramel base that much more exciting teas would be built on.