Black Tea, Natural Caramel Flavor
Caramel
Loose Leaf, Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Karen M
Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 9 oz / 256 ml

• “mmmm. This tea is saving me from finals weeks stress! I know I've been absent, but I appreciate everyone on here so much and all their wonderful tea notes! I have exciting news! I am going to Peru...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 536 tasting notes
  • “Thanks to a nasty canker sore, every tea I have (painfully and agonizingly) sipped this week tastes like Orajel. Finally improving to the point I can pick up a little flavor, so I decided to treat...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1682 tasting notes
  • “Woohoo! Another sample done! My tea stash has gone down pretty dramatically in the last month or so. I still have a lot of small samples from the fine people of Steepster, but I'm running through...” Read full tasting note
    shetheliving 355 tasting notes
  • “I have been holding out on having another cup of this since my sample is starting to run low, but today I caved. It was just as delicious as every other cup of this I have had. I am really...” Read full tasting note
    caitlin 392 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Depending on where you’re from, you may either say “car-a-mel” or “CAR-mel.” Any way you put it, though, this premium Ceylon black tea complemented with rich notes of caramel flavoring (that is sugar free!) is sure to have you saying, “wow! that’s good!”

About Adagio Teas View company

T&C TTB Tea # 10 – Backlog May 24

I apologize again for the massive spam of reviews. The baby made me do it. I mean, what she does is stop me from posting one at a time in a reasonable fashion. I need to get these up here before my next TTB comes around, or else I’m super screwed.

This one I should have drank prior to the Beer Butter tea, because the caramel is basically the dominating note in that tea, so this one didn’t taste too different to me.

Not half bad, a different sort of caramel flavour than I’m used to, though I can’t quite put my finger on what makes it so. I had it with milk.

Slightly bitter.

Nice to try, but not awesome or anything.

Smells of caramel and tastes like it but not too overpowering. I found that adding some sugar made the flavor come out more. Very delightful for someone who likes caramel. Great treat!

I can taste the caramel in this, but it isn’t an impressive interpretation. I’m not getting any intensity or creaminess, it’s just sort of a run of the mill caramel, like a caramel base that much more exciting teas would be built on.

Good as a mix. I have tried it with peach oolong, and Almond as a mix. Alone it is good as well with gentle flavors for a dark. I was afraid it would be a bit strong because of the smell, but turned out fine. Even when steeped twice.

Flavors: Caramel

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I’m fairly out of it this morning so I didn’t give this tea the exact steeping it deserved. I don’t know if I didn’t use enough tea or if I didn’t steep long enough, but this came out way weaker than usual. Still, it was nicely sweet on its own without being either artificial or overpowering, which I appreciate.

On a second steeping, it’s much less caramel flavored, which isn’t surprising. It’s still something warm to drink in an attempt to wake the hell up, which is what I need.

Boiling

Okay, I’ll try for the third time.., somehow my 2 other attempts to do this tasting note died. Maybe this time I’ll actually get the note there. Thanks to the Tea and Card TTB for this lovely sample. The aroma of the dry leaves is caramel, caramel, caramel! Yummm! After brewing the aroma was still strong. On the beginning of the first sip it tasted pretty caramelly but then the black tea jumped in there. A little more black than I like. I added some sweetener. It was OK. I added some vanilla soy milk and suddenly it was wonderful. Enjoyable but not something I would go out of my way to buy.
On another note, I hurt my finger in the car door yesterday. I just jumped around and said to my blind friend, “No, I’m sure it’s okay. I’ll be fine. See I can still bend it.” While in my head I’m using every swear word you can imagine. (My friend is a pastor’s wife so I try not to subject her to my baaad side) Well later in the day after ibuprofen and ice packs its looking pretty bad. I’ll probably have to go in and have it x-rayed. Do you know how hard it is to type when note using my right index finger? My bad typing will be worse for the foreseeable future! But the caramel tea made my morning a bit better!

Flavors: Caramel

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
keychange

Oh, I think I’d be swearing a blue streak! and that sounds really, really painful. I hope you can get it sorted out soon!

VariaTEA

I am so sorry to hear about your finger. That is never a fun experience. I once closed my roommates finger in a car door and when I finally released her hand after panicking for a second, my mom made her shove it into the bag holding the bagged milk (which I learned a few years back is a Canadian thing and therefore some people may have no clue what I am talking about). When I looked at her she looked like she was in so much pain and I felt so bad (later she told me the milk hurt more than the door but I didn’t know this at the time). Anyways, what this whole rant is getting to is that every time I hear about someone hurting themselves with a car door, I recall my roommates pained look and realize just how much it must suck. I hope it starts to mend soon and I would definitely get it xrayed.

__Morgana__

I’ve done that before. Ugh. They drilled a hole in my nail at the ER. It took weeks before I was back to normal.

caile

Oh no, hope your finger will be OK!

Jennkay

Ouch! Hope it feels better soon :(

Tea & Cards TTB

Dry this tea has an intense caramel aroma that basically assaults you when you open up the bag. I was expecting it to be a little more subtle once brewed, but after a quick 3 minute steep the caramel is so thick and cloying that you can’t really get to the black tea flavours in behind it.

The positive aspects of the caramel come out best in the aftertaste – it’s smooth and lingers all over the inside of your mouth – but there is a bit of a slimy mouthfeel left over that I find rather unpleasant…and I think that would keep me from buying this again.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

For plain black tea, it would get a good rating. For a flavored tea, it is bad. I couldn’t taste even a hint of caramel, even with a little sweetener to help bring it out!!! I wonder if I got a bad/mislabeled bag.

This is one of my favorite all-purpose teas. It’s wonderful hot or cold.

This is a very smooth tea- a good black base, with just the right amount of caramel flavor, and not artificially sweet. This is an excellent afternoon/evening tea.