Libra (The Zodiac Series)

Black Tea, Chocolate Flavor, Cocoa Nibs, Cream Flavoring, Rose Petals, Strawberry
Chocolate, Strawberry, Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Adagio Teas

Bring people together, whether it’s for marriage, business or a dinner party by serving your own Signature blend. A luxurious flavor of fresh-dipped chocolate-covered strawberries and cream.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

red rose petals strewn
choco-covered strawberries
topped with pristine cream

Adagio Teas included this as a free sample and I’ve tried hard to like it. It seems almost disloyal to Libras everywhere to dislike it this much. But it is truly not for me. It tastes artificial and cloying to me. It reminds me of when I was 13 and ate my lip gloss because it smelled like strawberries. The lip gloss also had this strange, artificial, somewhat bitter taste.

I had a friend who used to like to chew on Lip Smackers. Never understood that.

Eating my lip gloss was not top of the chart of Carolyn’s Most Intelligent Moments.

I’d say ‘eww’ but I think I might have tried to do the same once when I was much younger. Stones and glass houses and all that. ;)

I am a big fan of chocolate; does that come through at all in the tea?

Not to me, but my preferred chocolate is dark chocolate. I think this may have a note of that artificial-tasting waxy milk chocolate.

(First off, I’m just going to say I’m not sure if the version I have is exactly the same as the one other people are reviewing since all of those reviews are from several years ago. But the picture and the description are right, so I’m going with it.)

I want to like this tea, and I don’t dislike it. It’s fine. It smells good and it looks nice, but the taste just isn’t all the way there for me. I’m getting the strawberries but there’s something else there that I just don’t like. It’s bitter and doesn’t compliment the other flavors. I have a suspicion I could make this tea more palatable with sugar and/or milk so I might try that, but it’ll probably be a while since I drink the vast majority of my tea straight.

Gary V

There’s something on this I don’t like!

Karen M

This has black tea strawberry and cream. I see the ingredients clearly. This mainly smells like strawberry with abit of chocolate. I steeped this up a short time. This tastes like a slight chocolate taste with abit of slightly tart strawberry and a little bit of cream really as smoothness. And a basic black tea base. This is a decent tea but needs a more chocolate taste and a better tea base to make this really good.

Apparently, everyone has bad memories of this flavor, but I enjoyed it — at least, to the point where I’ve kind of been craving it lately. But perhaps absence makes the heart grow fonder, given that it’s been a steady year since I’ve consumed any of it? Too bad the blend isn’t still around or else I’d be able to tell you if my feelings are disingenuous or otherwise.

The adagio people have mentioned that they have had a hard time finding rose petals which go into Valentines tea (the main ingredient in this blend). I’m pretty sure that eventually they will find a solution.

Valentines alone is too tart or something for me – I’m not a big fan. But I always like it with cream to mellow it out, so I like this. However, I brewed this a bit too strong so it is not as calming as I had hoped, since I’m freaking out about my kitty possibly having a UTI and also a little caffeine-jittery… I’ll know at 3:30 about kitty-girl and hopefully I won’t feel so over-caffeinated by then.

So I got this as a free sample from Adagio Teas quite a while ago — I don’t remember exactly how long. A year or two, maybe? I had already drunk most of it; I had just enough left for one last cup of tea.

I remember this as being much more flavorful than it tasted today. Of course, that may have something to do with the fact that I woke up with a cold this morning (which I caught from my friend’s husband, who caught it from their five-year-old daughter, who I believe caught it from one of her kindergarten classmates. Thank you public school system, incubator of germs). Or it could have to do with the age of the tea. I’m not sure.

Anyway, I could barely taste the berry flavor today. In the past, the berries have been much more noticeable. This was an okay cup of tea, but not the best I’ve ever tasted.

My hubby would be so proud to know his abilities as a plague monkey have been spread to another city.

I’ll be honest, I was really disappointed when I opened the tin. I was expecting a luscious mixture of black tea, rose petals, and chocolate. Instead, I got a tin of black tea, a bunch of desiccated rose petals, and a single chocolate chip. It smells really good though, about 90% chocolate and 10% strawberry.

I steeped the tea for 5 min at 190F (yes, I know I should have used hotter water), and here’s the result: It’s a nice brown color, about what one would expect with a good black tea. The chocolate/strawberry smell is even more powerful here, and it really does smell amazing. You get a bit of the feel of the cream going on, too.

The flavor was okay. It was a little bitter, but just the regular bite of black tea. The chocolate is there, but not super present. There’s not really any hint of the rose petals that were in the tin.

If you’re the kind of person who chooses their tea by smell, I highly recommend this tea. Likewise, if you’re a big fan of flavored black teas, this will be great for you, too. But I was a bit disappointed by Adagio on this one. I think my tea was quite old, as the rose petals were pretty pathetic and the flavor was okay. I’m guessing a fresh blend of this would be a bit peppier.

I’ve got some pictures of the tea on my blog:

Flavors: Chocolate, Strawberry

This tea is great on its own, but I usually mix it with Adagio’s black coconut. I did that today and it is gooo-ooo-ooood!