Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason
Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

• “This brew, my dear tea-drinking neighbors, Reminds me of cherry Life Savers. I left it too long, So it came out quite strong, But I don't look on it with full disfavor. (Will give it another...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1693 tasting notes
  • “Hm. Hm..... So. The dry leaf smells a little artificial and like they added cough syrup to the base. But, as we know, the smell and the taste are often very different. But I dunno.....” Read full tasting note
    wombatgirl 411 tasting notes
  • “Pretty darn good, if I do say so. I was rummaging through my copious samples for something to try and stumbled on the cherry black tea. I really didn't expect it to be any good, but the flavor...” Read full tasting note
    skywarrior 23 tasting notes
  • “Good solid tea with slightly tart cherry hints. I steeped mine for five minutes (two minutes longer than Adagio’s suggestion) and added milk and sugar and was pleased with the outcome. Gentle but...” Read full tasting note
    michelleszetela 106 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

This premium Ceylon tea flavored with summer cherries is treat for any Chekhov fans musing in their cherry orchard, delectable both hot and cold. If you’ve never read Chekhov, it doesn’t have a happy ending. If you’d never tried the Cherry tea, it’ll make up for it.

About Adagio Teas View company

This brew, my dear tea-drinking neighbors,
Reminds me of cherry Life Savers.
I left it too long,
So it came out quite strong,
But I don’t look on it with full disfavor.

(Will give it another whirl iced. Sometimes the strong fruity stuff just does better cold.)

Hm.

Hm…..

But I dunno.. I’m still deciding if this tastes like cough syrup or not. I think if my cough syrup tasted like this, I’d really like the syrup. But.. that’s really not a reccomendation for a tea, is it? For me, it’s also getting a little more chemical and artifical as it cools down.

Yeah, I don’t really like this.

Ah well. Worth giving it’s a shot.

Boiling
Erin

Adagio’s flavored blacks never impressed me, accept for Strawberry.

S

Sadness. I agree w/ Erin about Adagio’s blacks…the only ones that have ended up okay for me were Caramel and Cream, and then maybe Strawberry, Mango, and Valentines…

Meghann M

are their flavored teas flavored with artificial flavors or actual bits and pieces of fruit herbs and stuff? Most of the pictures looked like just black tea leaves, is that how many companies do it?

Pretty darn good, if I do say so. I was rummaging through my copious samples for something to try and stumbled on the cherry black tea. I really didn’t expect it to be any good, but the flavor won me over immediately. It doesn’t taste artificial and it works well with sugar. Other cherry teas have been awful, but this is pretty tasty. I think I’m going to buy a tin next order.

JonTea

Cherry Coke-ish would you say?

MH_Bonham

I wouldn’t have thought of that, but in an odd way, you might be right. I don’t drink soda much, so I’m having a bit of trouble remembering the exact flavor.

Good solid tea with slightly tart cherry hints. I steeped mine for five minutes (two minutes longer than Adagio’s suggestion) and added milk and sugar and was pleased with the outcome. Gentle but definitely present cherry aroma that was both a bit sweet and tart, which was a nice surprise.

This could be a new fave! The unbrewed tea aroma is amazeballs. Stepped for 5 min with boiling water, there was no bitterness here.

The cherry flavor is pleasantly noticeable, without being overpowering. The base black tea they use seems like the perfect showcase for the cherry flavor. I wish I had some of this tea at work, because I would be making a second cup!

Did I mention no bitterness? Love this. I’ll be trying this as a cold brew this evening!

Edit: The cold brew was excellent. I used room temp filtered water and my libre tea glass. Refrigerated overnight, and consumed the next day. Love this. The cherry is more subtle, but still great. I’ll definitely be buying more of this tea.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I didn’t like this tea, at all. It doesn’t really taste like cherries to me, more like cough syrup. Prepared with stevia, tried putting some almond milk in it as well. I couldn’t finish my cup of this.

you gotta really like cherry for this…and i do :D its high on my list of flavored teas. it is a bit tart but with a touch of sugar you can mellow it out some.

I like this tea. It’s a little bit tart, with the just the right amount of fruit to balance the black tea. Refreshing in the afternoons, for sure.