Chocolate

Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Adagio Teas

While the greatest chocolates may come from Switzerland, the best chocolate tea undoubtedly comes from Adagio. And we guarantee that you won’t choose to remain neutral. This decadent treat infuses the flavor of rich chocolate with the bright, full taste of Ceylon black tea. A rich sugar-free treat, delectable both hot and cold.

About Adagio Teas View company

At first I was wary of this tea: It smelled like wet chocolate, which is not exactly an appealing aroma, and previous chocolate teas I had tried made me cautious that this, too, would taste dusty. However, it turned out to be wonderful! Lovely milk chocolate flavor which was accentuated by milk (I used half-and-half) and sugar. Very smooth and well-rounded.

Steeped this up this morning and it tasted like disappointment. I realized that this tea really needs additives to be truly tasty, so I’m knocking it down a few pegs.

(I’m sorry tea…you’re still super yummy with soy milk and extra chocolate.)

Flavors: Chocolate

In the first steeping it had quite an intense astringency, though it did have a nice bitter chocolate after taste. The second steeping was much nicer though as a lot of the astringency was taken out in the first brewing and the chocolate taste remained. The after taste was similar to having just eaten a chocolate bar.

Oh, I so wanted to like this tea. I’ve seen the verbal swooning of other chocolate tea drinkers and figured I’d try a sample size. I took it to work today to try for the first time.

My first impression was of the aroma- definitely cocoa-y more than chocolaty to my nose. Not a bad thing, but I wasn’t sure I liked this chocolate tea idea – perhaps because unsweetened chocolate does not appeal to me. I figured I’d try some half-and-half and was really excited about that! Well, a teaspoon probably would have been enough for my cup but I guess I forgot this was tea. So now I had a cup of light brown, slightly cocoa-tasting milk. How to save it? Agave nectar! Oh, no, that was not the right choice. Lord, what a nightmare I created.

I tossed it out.

It’s a .08 oz bag, folks. Any suggestions for me are greatly appreciated.

A nice, mild black tea. I don’t know if I would call it chocolatey, but it did seem to have a little cocoa flavor. Steeped two times, the second time just as good as the first. Forgot I was steeping the tea and remembered about 20 minutes later, but it did not seem to affect the flavor. No bitterness whatsoever. Prepared with almond milk and splenda. This was my first foray into loose leaf tea.

After trying Valentines and liking it, I was surprise how unimpressed I was with Adagio’s Chocolate. When I got the Valentines my brow frowned with the thought of chocolate tea but it was good. I think this one justified my frown. It wasn’t horrible and most likely I will keep what I have left in the cabinet for moments when I’m low on tea, which hopefully is never, but never hurts to be prepared.

I’ve decided to differentiate between the teas I like by putting a red marker check on the sample tins of the ones I will not drink on a regular basis and a black on the ones to give away or toss.

Adagio Chocolate has earned itself a red check mark – http://twitpic.com/14qsdl

Still experimenting. This had next to no taste with the tsp/steeping time, will try longer.

2 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I recently mentioned in a thread that I did not care for chocolate tea due to it not tasting of chocolate. This is the chocolate I was referring to. I’ve been reading and realized its not the tea that was the problem, it was me and my lack of experimentation. I never even thought of steeping more then one time, I always thought it was spent after the first steep, I sure have wasted a lot of tea. Today I drank a cup after the first steep (5 minutes) and determined it did not taste of chocolate. THEN I STEEPED IT A SECOND TIME (6 minutes) and it was delicious and very chocolaty. What I really like is that it holds up to a decent amount of creamer, similar to coffee and with a bit of sugar was exactly what I was looking for in a chocolate tea. I am so glad I still have about 3oz left to enjoy. The 3rd steep was a little weaker but still good, I don’t think it would have held up for a 4th steep. Will I buy it again, that is still to be determined though I am enjoying what I have now.

People don’t seem to like this tea! I suppose I can’t rate it appropriately because I tend to mix it with Adagio’s hazelnut tea. Mixed together it is reminiscent of coffee, without the acidity or bitterness if brewed right.

This is a great flavor to blend with a roasted mate as well, especially for those of you switching from coffee to tea@

Perhaps I haven’t steeped it correctly yet, but it doesn’t have as strong of a chocolate taste I would like. The chocolate taste is more of an after taste rather than the actual taste. It is very nice if you are wanting something to kick that sweet craving though.