Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Natural Chocolate Flavor
Artificial, Astringent, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

From Adagio Teas

While the greatest chocolates may come from Switzerland, the best chocolate tea undoubtedly comes from Adagio. And we guarantee that you won’t choose to remain neutral. This decadent treat infuses the flavor of rich chocolate with the bright, full taste of Ceylon black tea. A rich sugar-free treat, delectable both hot and cold.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

People don’t seem to like this tea! I suppose I can’t rate it appropriately because I tend to mix it with Adagio’s hazelnut tea. Mixed together it is reminiscent of coffee, without the acidity or bitterness if brewed right.

This is a great flavor to blend with a roasted mate as well, especially for those of you switching from coffee to tea@

Perhaps I haven’t steeped it correctly yet, but it doesn’t have as strong of a chocolate taste I would like. The chocolate taste is more of an after taste rather than the actual taste. It is very nice if you are wanting something to kick that sweet craving though.

I love this guy for blending. One of my favorite uses: a spoonful of chocolate and a spoonful of hazelnut and BAM: instant Nutella tea. :)

The smell of the chocolate in this tea is wonderful, but the flavor of it is almost undetectable. The only real taste of it you get is a slightly bitter cocoa aftertaste. Even with a fair amount of honey added, it doesn’t really taste chocolatey. Still a solid black tea, but not really what I was expecting. All the same, I’m willing to try again.

EDIT: Hmm… I have to revise my original opinion. Once it cooled a little, the flavors mellowed a little, and it’s actually quite enjoyable. It’s still not a strong chocolate flavor, but definitely more pronounced than when it was freshly made. And after all, if you want a strong chocolate flavor, you’d just go make hot chocolate.

im not a huge fan of this, it tastes good added to cinnamon but thats about it…it reminds me of really watered down hot cocoa…

Really enjoyed this at Tbar in Philadelphia. Rich, warm, and flavorful.