Chocolate Chip

Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

The Mesoamerican peoples left a decadent legacy in their use of the bean from the cacao tree. Today we find it desserts and savories. Dark chocolate chips melt into the infusion of this Ceylon black tea to create the ultimate coupling of two taste bud tantalizers. We hope you will excuse us as we indulge ourselves by blending Chocolate Chip tea. We couldn’t resist and hope you won’t either.

About Adagio Teas View company

I didn’t think I would like a chocolate tea, but the hubs was keen to try it so we ordered a sample. (He has a bit of a sweet tooth…and by “a bit” I mean he practically mainlines sugar for most of the day)

Anywho… I’m glad he talked me into this one. The first steep is a little rough for me…the black tea overpowers the chocolate and almost comes off a bit burnt. BUT! The second and third steeps? WHOA NELLY! AMAZING! The second and third steeps have a nice balance of vanilla and chocolate with just a mild hint of the black tea thrown in for good measure. I would give this a higher rating if we could skip that first steep!

Give this one a shot…just brace yourself for that first steep. It’s a doozy!

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Backlog:

I’m not usually a fan of Adagio’s flavored black teas, because I find the black tea base to be rather harsh. I steeped this at just 2 1/2 minutes hoping to keep the harshness to a minimum, and this did work, although I do still taste some of that harshness, although it’s not quite as harsh as some of the other flavored blacks I’ve tried from Adagio.

This is better served with a splash of milk as it reduces the harshness. That said, I wish that Adagio would rethink their black tea base.

A nice chocolate flavor though, and a pleasing vanilla-y undertone. This would be so much better if the black tea base tasted better.

Great Canadian TTB

This is actually a very pleasant surprise. I don’t expect much from Adagio teas but I enjoy their blends so it is always fun to try the different teas that comprise those blends. This one in particular is just a really smooth chocolatey tea. No astringency and no base, just chocolate. Thanks Jeweled Thumb for including it in the box because I don’t think I would have tried it otherwise and I am actually really enjoying it.

GCTTB

Another one from Adagio… Not a fan of this one. The taste is a weirdly generic sort of flavour. it could be chocolate but it might also be something else. It’s an indescribable sort of weirdness. I don’t hate it but it’s just sort of there.

this tea smells and tastes amazing.

The chocolate taste, as someone else mentioned, is lighter and a bit different from what I expected. But I like it—especially with just a little bit of Stevia in it.

Rich in flavour but lighter than hot cocoa… this is my “goodnight” choice.