Christmas

Bitter, Orange
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Adagio Teas

Don’t be fooled by the seasonal moniker— this premium Ceylon black tea flavored with spicy cinnamon, pungent cloves, and tangy orange peels is a treat worthy of year-round enjoyment. One sip of this taste treat and you’ll know that Christmas has come early.

About Adagio Teas View company

I concur with most of my fellow tasters on this one. It looks and smells lovely as a dry tea. However, once the water steeps through it’s a bit flat (a good word for this flavor). It’s not awful and I won’t pitch it. I hate to waste anything (this has been said more than once in my tasting notes, perhaps I’m picking the wrong teas) so I’m drinking it and not suffering and a it of caffeine in the morning is never a bad thing, especially when it comes as hot tea on a cold winter morning.

Looking at the ingredient list on this, it seems like there should be a lot of different flavors going on here. What actually happens, at least when I taste this tea, is that all those flavors lump together and produce a strong black tea flavor with a very bitter orange peel component. I really don’t notice any of the spices or anything like that.

Flavors: Bitter, Orange

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tasted very similar to chai, which I love, but it wasn’t quite as awesome as most chai is a bit stronger. I prepared this like I would chai, with a bit of milk and agave.

I found this tea to be okay- it tastes like what it says: spice with a hint of citrus, but I think Adagio make better spicy and fruity blends. I find the flavors of Adagio’s Oriental Spice to be much bolder than in this blend.

Good orange flavour, but a little mild on the spices. I added vanilla, and a cinnamon stick.

I wanted so badly to like this. I love cinnamon, I love Harney’s Cinnamon tea, but this… it’s bitter. And dusty. Can a liquid taste dry? I found this unpalatably bitter by itself, sugar sweetens the middle but doesn’t help the lingering bitterness, and milk makes it drinkable. It has a nice warm cinnamon aroma, and you can see the cloves in the dry leaves, but… well, I wish I hadn’t bought 4oz based solely on the description. If you want a cinnamon black tea but all the others you’ve tried are too spicy or too sweet, try this.

Taken hot, with splenda.

An alright spiced tea. Nothing earthshattering here.

This tea is rockin awesome..

This is the only tea I like milk in, it makes it extra comforting and Christmas-y.