Artificial, Bitter, Cinnamon
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 6 oz / 168 ml

From Adagio Teas

In the Middle Ages, having cinnamon in one’s home was a status symbol for Europe’s elite. Combining spicy cinnamon with the bright, full taste of Ceylon black tea, having a tin of our Cinnamon flavored black tea in your cabinet today is equally as prestigious.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

Ooof. This stuff is bitter and unpleasant.

Flavors: Artificial, Bitter, Cinnamon

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have a pyramid teabag sample of this blend to sample while I watch The Fifth Element this afternoon (I love that film).

Ok this tea is pretty bad, it has very little cinnamon in it! It just tastes like a black tea with a slight dry spicy after taste that lasts a second. The black tastes like a Yunnan so it’s very thick and malty with some smoke, not the best match for cinnamon anyway in my opinion.

Throwing this one away :/

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 3 OZ / 100 ML

So so glad I didn’t even bother with the sample. It is warm, a bit spicy, and smells amazing. I prefer it warmed on a lovely rainy fall day!

By itself the cinnamon tea wasn’t all that appealing. Which disappoints me since I like cinnamon.

This was part of the Adagio flavor sampler I bought a while back, but I’m just now getting to it. The cinnamon smell is VERY strong, almost overwhelming. I could smell it even before opening the package. It’s not an unpleasant smell, just powerful. The taste… is mediocre. You smell the cinnamon much more than you taste it unless you add a fair amount of sweetener. Aside from that, it’s a “sturdy” black tea, but nothing particularly special.

Mixed with Realli Vanilli Rooibos from Herb + Ginger… Smooths it out nicely.

I love the smell of the Cinnamon prior to steeping and I think it would be ok if the taste wasn’t a sweet cinnamon…almost like a Cinnamon Red Hot Candy. If it were just Cinnamon and not sweet I might give it a neutral. I’m afraid I am not able to handle this one like I first thought. I hate to give it a thumbs down but I’m not sure what else to do. Sorry.

Oh yes, this is very definitely cinnamon. The leaves absolutely reek of cinnamon far overpowering any particular scent of tea. After steeping it more or less the same story. I can pick up a hint of tea in the scent but mostly it’s just cinnamon. For some reason I’m also getting a strong note of honey.
It doesn’t taste as overly cinnamon-y as it smells, thankfully. There actually seems to be very little cinnamon in the flavour or perhaps it’s because the strong aroma has made me expect more.
I’m undecided about whether or not I like it. I dislike the scent, but it’s drinkable. It would have been more suitable around christmas time though. Buying more of this is unlikely.