Black Fruit Blend
Coconut
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Thank you *Michelle* for sending me this tea along with your host of others! Please excuse me but I will have yet another set of backlogs, though some are more recent than others. This...” Read full tasting note
    ianerickson 119 tasting notes
  • “This is one of my Adagio favorites. Sweet and creamy. Had a little steeping snafu this morning...the Hot Shot I use for quick morning out-the-doors was decidedly tepid. So I had to run water...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1720 tasting notes
  • “I'm not sure how I ended up with this. I thought it was part of the Flavors sampler, but when I look at the site now, it isn't listed among the current Flavors samples. It might be that they've...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “It has been a while since I have written about a tea... This one is worthy of the attention! I have had a tough tough week. I am in charge of the marketing in my company, and with mother's day...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 159 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Even in the coldest chill of winter, the refreshing Coconut tea will imbue your cup with a taste of summer in the tropics. Combining the flavor of fresh coconuts with bright Ceylon black tea, you will have to fight the urge to wear your grass skirt out in public.

About Adagio Teas View company

Coconut + Tea = Perfection

Cofftea

You should try their Thai Chai!

I tried this as a base to make chai with tonight. As good of an idea it seemed to be, it’s not something I’ll do again. The coconut flavor is just too intense. It mutes the chai spices to the point that they’re hardly noticeable. Good lord.

Still delicious, though.

Today is not a day for new teas. Today is a day for tried and tested, I know I love this tea teas.

I got a notice yesterday saying that my water would be turned off today at 11am to deal with a burst pipe. Naturally, I panicked, then decided to get up early, have a shower and then fill any and all receptacles I could find with water. That didn’t work out. I woke up this morning at 10:58am, flew out of bed and managed to fill two water bottles before the water was turned off. So I have exactly one litre of water to last me the entire day D:

On the plus side, the kettle already had enough water in for a morning mug of tea.

Because I am limited by the amount I can drink (and only have 3 infusers, which I have no way of washing out) I decided to stick to teas that I know I’ll enjoy today, so I went for this as a creamy favourite.

Toasty and sweet, this was the perfect choice to calm me down after my panic this morning. I only have a couple of cups of this left, but might have to sneak another sample into my next order (which I have already selected as adagio). I will be very sorry to see this go. I added milk and sugar this morning, and I wish I’d left the sugar out. It’s too sweet, as the coconut is a sweet enough flavour on its own. However, the added sweetness reminds me of coconut icecream – which I am now craving despite the rain – and I have a feeling this would make an awesome tea latte. I like it too much to sacrifice double the tea for one drink at the minute, but when I have more I will definitely have to test that theory out.

FYI: I freaking love coconut. Especially coconut teas. This may cloud my judgement. But this tea is awesome.

This is very coconutty, but falls a bit flat. I don’t think it is due to the flavor, but I am starting to not love the black tea base used in these flavored teas as I branch out and try other brands. Flavored blacks used to be all I drank…I think I just prefer oolongs and pu erhs more. But if you enjoy other flavors that Adagio has to offer, this one is a solid choice if you also enjoy creamy coconut!

I adooore coconut so this was a must to try for me.

Scent-wise, this tea doesn’t disappoint. It’s coconut in the bag, as it steeps, in my cup. I could just sit and inhale this all day. Raw and dirty coconut. Yum.

I’ve tried a few of the flavored black teas from Adagio lately, and I think I need to just try their plain black ceylon- because I’m starting to think I dislike it in general. All of the flavored ceylon’s I’ve tried have been slightly bitter to me (ginger was the worst).

This is the least bitter of the flavored teas so far. The coconut seems to smooth off the tannin’s bite a bit more (while ginger in the ginger blend accentuated it). It also has a kind of after-taste of coconut that coats the tongue, which I kind of enjoy :)

Overall this isn’t my favorite tea, but I’ll finish off my sample happily. This is a great candidate for Butter tea. :)

I need to bring better (but not great) tea to work. This isn’t working out.

I received a packet of this for a birthday present – it’s great! Coconut is one of my favorite flavors, so I really enjoyed this and need to get some more of it.

Very tasty! This tea has a fantastic coconut flavor, and it’s the flavor of real coconut, not a super-sweet fake flavor. I agree with the other reviewer that it makes a delightful dessert tea.

This tea is such a treat! The smell alone will warm you. Brewed, this tea is a cupful of rich, full coconut flavor. I add just a smidge of sugar and milk to feel like I’ve indulged in dessert.