Astringent, Cream, Milk
Edit tea info Last updated by Stephanie

• “Not sure why this one gets so many low reviews. I am admittedly - too much probably - not a fan of Adagio however this one is rather nice! It smells JUST like cream soda, I even smell the...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I’m going to have a dinner of tea, popcorn, and maybe some Cheetos Puffs. Do I need to even say it? I’ve had one Hell of a day. Rather than go into the sordid details, I’ll just try to move on...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 509 tasting notes
  • “Sadly, this is a sipdown. When I first got into loose leaf teas I order a lot of the sample packs from Adagio since there were so many different flavors to try. This was one of my most favorites,...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (153) Thank you *Josie Jade* for the chance to try this tea. I have always been curious as to what it tastes like given it is included in A LOT of the fandom blends. It is a touch...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1847 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Which comes first, the cream or the tea? If you’re not sure, don’t worry… neither are the English. However, its unanimously agreed that, whether you prefer your tea first, cream first – or just ‘black’ tea – , this dairy-free cream flavored Ceylon black tea is a treat for your teacup!

About Adagio Teas View company

Smells wonderful in the package, smells great while brewing. Taste is a little weak IMO.

mpierce87

I think the issue is due to water temp. Using boiling water on this makes it pretty strong. You should def try it with hotter water at least once.

It’s probably overkill, but I often drink this with milk and sugar—dessert in a mug.

Cofftea

It’s great mixed w/ their chocolate chai, w/ or w/o milk, no sweetener.

Ugh. No. No no no no no. It’s like someone dumped chemical-laden canned frosting in my tea. Gross beyond measure. I can’t stand it alone, and can barely tolerate it in blends.

Normally I enjoy Adagio’s flavored black teas, but there’s a few I can’t stand. This is one of them.

I like this tea straight up. I’ve found that it’s best brewed @ 200F with a tsp or just over for 3 min. Too hot or too long brings out some unpleasant notes in the base black tea.

When it’s good, this tea is very good. The cream and slight vanilla notes are delightful, it needs no sugar or cream because it tastes like it’s in there already. There’s no artificial or chemical aftertaste like I’ve experienced with other vanilla/cream teas.

All around, an excellent post-breakfast tea.

I am always game for a good cream tea. While browsing on Adagio Tea’s website I noticed this and decided to order a sample. Straight out of the bag, it smells almost sickeningly sweet and creamy. It reminded me of the filling inside an eclair. Once brewed, the aroma is very similar to honey.

I added real cream and sugar to my cup, and I can definitely attest to that this lives up to its name. Lovely! Smooth, indulgent, and downright delicious. While I can’t foresee myself drinking this on a regular basis due to the richness, I might treat myself on occasion.

While this tea IS good, it most likely won’t be a regular in my tea drawer.

This tea makes me very happy. I read somewhere that it was like drinking whipped cream, and I can say that I definitely see that in the taste. Best to drink it while warm, if it cools too much it gets a bit bitter. Haven’t tried it chilled yet.

Not horrible but not great. Doesn’t really taste much like the cream it is supposed to though. Probably will not buy again, though I will try to mix what I have with other flavors.

I didn’t like this tea. My son, my little tea tasting buddy, also disliked it. However, it is what it says it is – a smooth cream tea, so I cannot rate it badly. Just completely not my preference. Very creamy and tastes convincing. Without or with sugar not our style. We ate with some cookies, slices of mango, and Ham & Cheese Croissants. Food was good, tea not so much.

I’ve mixed this with Earl Grey for as long as I’ve had it, since my first cup of it wasn’t so pleasing. But, I made a pot of just this tea the other day, and it tastes fine. Maybe the sweetness died down over time, or maybe I expected it now, but either way, not bad.

This is my first cup of cream. It’s a nice breakfast tea. My only complaint is that the leaves are really broken up so that they make it through my filter.
Otherwise, I will definitely drink this again and again.