Astringent, Cream, Milk
Edit tea info Last updated by Stephanie

• “Not sure why this one gets so many low reviews. I am admittedly - too much probably - not a fan of Adagio however this one is rather nice! It smells JUST like cream soda, I even smell the...” Read full tasting note
    azzrian 807 tasting notes
  • “I’m going to have a dinner of tea, popcorn, and maybe some Cheetos Puffs. Do I need to even say it? I’ve had one Hell of a day. Rather than go into the sordid details, I’ll just try to move on...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 517 tasting notes
  • “Sadly, this is a sipdown. When I first got into loose leaf teas I order a lot of the sample packs from Adagio since there were so many different flavors to try. This was one of my most favorites,...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (153) Thank you *Josie Jade* for the chance to try this tea. I have always been curious as to what it tastes like given it is included in A LOT of the fandom blends. It is a touch...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1932 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Which comes first, the cream or the tea? If you’re not sure, don’t worry… neither are the English. However, its unanimously agreed that, whether you prefer your tea first, cream first – or just ‘black’ tea – , this dairy-free cream flavored Ceylon black tea is a treat for your teacup!

About Adagio Teas View company

The smell of this tea tricks me into thinking its super sweet but at a 3 minute steep it’s like bitter coffee. So I add cream to the “cream” tea and I can drink it but that just does not seem right. I have enjoyed it a few times but I don’t remember how I prepared it. Happy to have tried it and happy it is gone.

This is my first cup of cream. It’s a nice breakfast tea. My only complaint is that the leaves are really broken up so that they make it through my filter.
Otherwise, I will definitely drink this again and again.

This tea was good. I was looking for an alternative to Teavana Earl Greg Creme without the bergamot taste. This one came close but as I sipped it I felt it was lacking something. I guess the Earl Greg Creme was a perfect mix! The base in this tea tasted flat. Will finish my sample pack but might not reorder.

Marcel Duchamp

Adagio’s flavored black teas always seem to go flat for me too. I think their straight teas / classic scented (jasmine, etc) are better.

I really love this tea. It has a smooth and creamy flavor that works well with the bitterness of black tea. It’s one of the rare black teas that I truly enjoy. This makes a truly excellent base for chai, and is great for blending as well.

Flavors: Astringent, Cream, Milk

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

From the Great Canadian Travelling Tea Box Round 2!

I am excited to finally try this blend. It has been one of the teas on my shopping list almost since I joined steepster.

I may or may not have tried Adagio teas before. I think this might be my first, but I could be wrong.

The dry tea smells very nice. A nice black tea with a sweetness and creaminess to it.

It brewed up really nice. I got no bitterness or astringency. There is definitely a black base present, but it is sweet. I am definitely getting a creamy taste and mouthfeel. However, it is similar to a powdered coffee whitener taste, which I am not saying it bad, it is just not real cream. I feel like I am also getting some hints of vanilla and nuts, maybe hazelnuts. At the beginning of the sip, the liquor is quite thick, but by the end of the sip it is quite thin.

I have read a lot of reviews on Adagio that complain of the base tea. But for this one, I think it is good. However, as I stated above I don’t think I have had a lot of experience with Adagio. You know you’re addicted to tea when…you can’t even remember which teas you have tried!

Also in other news, I think I am back :) I posted a while ago about being super busy. As some of you have noticed, and commented, I have been kind of lurking behind the scenes mass liking tasting notes every once in a while. But I think things should be settled down now. We will see.

In other other news, I was stalked and terrorized by a bee today. I am sure it was entertaining for my neighbours to watch.

Mikumofu

Welcome back and beware of those devious bees!

Lala

It was partially my fault. I was weeding my flower beds and I set my metal bucket full of weeds down and apparently there was a bee on the ground under it. I heard the be “squeak” (for real) so I removed the bucket and there was a poor bee limping around. I thought I had wounded it so bad it couldn’t fly. So I was debating wether or not I should mercifully kill it instead of leaving it to suffer when it took off flying. It would circle me so I went to the front yard and came back 15 min later and then it came back and circled me again, so I went in the garage and when I came out to finish it was still coming at me. I survived though, and apparently the bee did too.

Mikumofu

Hahaha a squeak…I’m glad it survived! That bee is probably sharing this harrowing tale with its bee friends at the same time as you are now :)

I am in love with this tea, and surprised the other review scores are so low. It’s a great black, with a warm and cuddly vanilla aftertaste. I found myself wanting to chug it instead of sip it like a lady. After my first cup I am already ordering more because I am panicking about running out.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Dexter

LOL – I think you should drink your tea however it makes you happy – even if that includes “chugging” it. :))

TheTeaFairy

Ditto with Dexter, oh, and I never sip my tea like a lady :-)

GCTTB!

I will be the first to admit that i am not a fan of most of the black bases that Adagio uses. Courtney’s comment about tea gwewkerwekjrh’s cream reminded me that this one was in the box, so it was the perfect time to do a quick mini comparison of this one and the one from tea G.

this one? it’s sort of a combination of vanilla and cream… it’s a little on the fake side, but not so much that i can’t enjoy it. Also, the flavouring hides the base a little, which makes me happy. Nothing i need to buy agan but not as bad as a bunch of adagion teas i’ve had that weren’t fan blends

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I thought this was a decent tea. It tastes like black tea and definitely does have a creamy flavor to it. On it’s own, it is unimpressive to me, but I bet it is extremely complimentary in blends as the cream flavor doesn’t taste too artificial or overwhelming but it is still present.

A bit weaked flavoured for my liking – enjoyable, but without depth. I imagine it makes a good base tea, to add flavoured teas too. Probably will try mixing it, before retiring!

I was feeling like some black tea with milk, but alas had no milk around. So I opened this sample, hoping for a reasonable substitute. It worked out all right—not quite what I want, but it’ll tide me over.

I’m usually not a fan of the Ceylon base Adagio uses for their flavored teas. It works pretty well with cream flavor, though, and the level of flavoring is just right.