Astringent, Cream, Creamy, Sweet, Cake, Malt, Sugar, Vanilla, Milk
Edit tea info Last updated by Stephanie

From Adagio Teas

Which comes first, the cream or the tea? If you’re not sure, don’t worry… neither are the English. However, its unanimously agreed that, whether you prefer your tea first, cream first – or just ‘black’ tea – , this dairy-free cream flavored Ceylon black tea is a treat for your teacup!

About Adagio Teas View company

The smell of the tea reminded me of twisting open an oreo, but it tasted exactly as advertised: somewhat astringent black tea with a sweet cream flavor. Not going to be a favorite but I can see why people put it in blends.

Flavors: Astringent, Cream

After reading reviews of this tea on steepster, and a few on Adagio’s own site, I decided to drink this tea paired with other teas, instead of alone. That seems to be the best way to do it, and my first experience was a great one. First thing this morning I had a big mug of Irish Breakfast (a favorite), then a few hours later, steeped the Irish Breakfast leaves a second time, this time adding 2 tsp of Cream to the pot. And it was wonderful! A very “creamy,” soft and silky tea, with notes of caramel and vanilla. I think it’s absolutely delicious, and I’m going to love trying this again with other black teas like my favorite (Chestnut).

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Cream is quite a name for a tea. Simple but so easy to mess up. I can definitely taste it, the cream flavor, but I’m also picking up maple syrup (the pure kind not that nasty fake crap). The base is quite woodsy. Kinda twiggy. Twiggy being branches, twigs.

One of my favorite blends is this with Adagio’s Caramel.The result is an obviously more creamy flavor and for me, less maple. As I drink it by itself, I like it more with each sip. I think it would pair nicely with a rich dessert, but it would never be a dessert replacement like Adagio’s Caramel and Almond Oolong.

Flavors: Cream, Creamy, Sweet

3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Thanks Nichole for sending this to me!
I’m not entirely sure what I was expecting from this, but it isn’t what I got. Not that it’s bad tea, but I just didn’t really get any sense of “cream” from it. I tried brewing it at a cooler temperature as some people suggested, but it was still kind of astringent and just tasted like a plain black tea with something added to it. I tried it with a little cream and sugar and I could finish the cup that way, but it wasn’t great. I ordered from adagio a week ago so maybe I’ll try blending it with other teas as this is in most of the blends I’ve found so far. Not bad, but not great – thanks for the chance to try it Nichole!

Nichole/CuppaGeek

You are welcome! I usually just add this one to other flavored teas like the Adagio Signature Blends, etc. Don’t think I’ve ever tried it straight before.

I have really come around to Adagio recently. I really appreciate being about to buy very decent teas for a low price which are solid blends and flavors. I used to find their teas a bit astringent, but I’ve really come around to drinking Ceylon teas these days, so I suspect I am finding the flavored tea base much better.

Anyway, this tea is fine. It is very drinkable, but it is also a bit shallow in flavor. The cream flavor is very sweet, which makes a good drinkable tea, but also deadens the complexity of the actual black tea. I am very comfortable serving this tea to non-tea drinkers, though, because it is hard not to tolerate.

However, it makes a cracker jack milk tea, which is how I’m drinking it now. I would say it makes the best tasting milk tea that I can make at home that fits all the perimeters of a good milk tea. (It may be a little better, even than what I can buy outside of my house, but it lacks the ambiance of actually purchasing a milk tea out.)

I make my milk tea by brewing tea with water and then adding milk and steeping a bit longer, which is how it’s made when I order it in Flushing, at least. I feel like I should include that here. It’s also heavily sweetened, because it’s milk tea. I try to use low fat milk, too, which also might account for why I can’t get it just right to my liking. (But I don’t need to be drinking whole fat milk with my tea on a regular basis.) I frothed a bit of milk to pour on top of my tea, too, because I can.

I bought a large bowl shaped mug with Mickey Mouse on it so I could make tea lattes. I like tea lattes, but after drinking them for about a week, I think I like milk tea better. I guess I’m not classy. Anyway, the mug is shockingly lovely. I only paid like 4$ for it at Marshals, and it was the only one they had. But it’s sturdy without being heavy and has really good heat retention. My tea is still hot, even though I used cold milk in it like at least ten minutes ago. I really want another mug like this one, so I’ll have to keep an eye out for something of a similar size and style. I haven’t tried brewing directly in this mug, though, as I’ve been brewing tea in my Nordic mug and transferring. I think this mug is too shallow for any of my non-ball shaped infusers.

But yes, this is a solid showing from Adagio. When my 3oz are out, I won’t rush to buy more, but it’s been really nice to have around, especially since it mixes so well with milk. It’s not half the tea Adagio’s Candy Cane tea is (my new favorite flavored tea at the moment, actually), but it’s not a bad cup by any means.

Flavors: Cake, Cream, Malt, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla

As I had said in my last review, I decided to brew this again. I used a bit more than a teaspoon, but I might need to consider using more. It tastes alright, but I probably would have preferred the vanilla. It’s alright as a tea, but probably makes a better base tea. I’ll probably continue to add rose to it.

I bought a sample of this with the intent to try blending it with other things to give a milky quality so that I don’t actually have to remember milk. After tasting, I’d say it surely has a creamy mouthfeel that would be lovely mixed with other black teas. I’ll save this for either flavored black teas or lower quality black teas so I don’t end up missing any of the nuances of plain, good quality blacks. I might not drink this just by itself, but I wouldn’t be unhappy to drink it alone if it was what I had available.

Flavors: Cream

I made a cup of this to have while playing cards with my kids tonight. I am a big, big fan of the whipped cream flavor of this tea. I added sugar and cream and thoroughly enjoyed this as a dessert tea. It was also my consolation prize since I lost at UNO – much to my children’s delight.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
rosebudmelissa

I really like this one, too! It’s a great tea for blending, as well. I especially like it with Adagio’s Vanilla or with Chai spices.

ThainofBuckland

This tea hasn’t really impressed me all that much, but maybe I just need to sweeten it. I have the three ounce bag, but I don’t really find myself craving it.

rosebudmelissa

The base isn’t terrific, it has a tendency to go bitter, but I love the flavoring. I actually don’t drink it plain very often though, I usually blend it with something else.

The smell of this tea tricks me into thinking its super sweet but at a 3 minute steep it’s like bitter coffee. So I add cream to the “cream” tea and I can drink it but that just does not seem right. I have enjoyed it a few times but I don’t remember how I prepared it. Happy to have tried it and happy it is gone.