Cream, Creamy, Sweet, Cake, Malt, Sugar, Vanilla, Astringent, Milk
Edit tea info Last updated by Stephanie

From Adagio Teas

Which comes first, the cream or the tea? If you’re not sure, don’t worry… neither are the English. However, its unanimously agreed that, whether you prefer your tea first, cream first – or just ‘black’ tea – , this dairy-free cream flavored Ceylon black tea is a treat for your teacup!

About Adagio Teas View company

From the Great Canadian Travelling Tea Box Round 2!

I am excited to finally try this blend. It has been one of the teas on my shopping list almost since I joined steepster.

I may or may not have tried Adagio teas before. I think this might be my first, but I could be wrong.

The dry tea smells very nice. A nice black tea with a sweetness and creaminess to it.

It brewed up really nice. I got no bitterness or astringency. There is definitely a black base present, but it is sweet. I am definitely getting a creamy taste and mouthfeel. However, it is similar to a powdered coffee whitener taste, which I am not saying it bad, it is just not real cream. I feel like I am also getting some hints of vanilla and nuts, maybe hazelnuts. At the beginning of the sip, the liquor is quite thick, but by the end of the sip it is quite thin.

I have read a lot of reviews on Adagio that complain of the base tea. But for this one, I think it is good. However, as I stated above I don’t think I have had a lot of experience with Adagio. You know you’re addicted to tea when…you can’t even remember which teas you have tried!

Also in other news, I think I am back :) I posted a while ago about being super busy. As some of you have noticed, and commented, I have been kind of lurking behind the scenes mass liking tasting notes every once in a while. But I think things should be settled down now. We will see.

In other other news, I was stalked and terrorized by a bee today. I am sure it was entertaining for my neighbours to watch.

Welcome back and beware of those devious bees!

It was partially my fault. I was weeding my flower beds and I set my metal bucket full of weeds down and apparently there was a bee on the ground under it. I heard the be “squeak” (for real) so I removed the bucket and there was a poor bee limping around. I thought I had wounded it so bad it couldn’t fly. So I was debating wether or not I should mercifully kill it instead of leaving it to suffer when it took off flying. It would circle me so I went to the front yard and came back 15 min later and then it came back and circled me again, so I went in the garage and when I came out to finish it was still coming at me. I survived though, and apparently the bee did too.

Hahaha a squeak…I’m glad it survived! That bee is probably sharing this harrowing tale with its bee friends at the same time as you are now :)

I am in love with this tea, and surprised the other review scores are so low. It’s a great black, with a warm and cuddly vanilla aftertaste. I found myself wanting to chug it instead of sip it like a lady. After my first cup I am already ordering more because I am panicking about running out.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

LOL – I think you should drink your tea however it makes you happy – even if that includes “chugging” it. :))

Ditto with Dexter, oh, and I never sip my tea like a lady :-)

I will be the first to admit that i am not a fan of most of the black bases that Adagio uses. Courtney’s comment about tea gwewkerwekjrh’s cream reminded me that this one was in the box, so it was the perfect time to do a quick mini comparison of this one and the one from tea G.

this one? it’s sort of a combination of vanilla and cream… it’s a little on the fake side, but not so much that i can’t enjoy it. Also, the flavouring hides the base a little, which makes me happy. Nothing i need to buy agan but not as bad as a bunch of adagion teas i’ve had that weren’t fan blends

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I thought this was a decent tea. It tastes like black tea and definitely does have a creamy flavor to it. On it’s own, it is unimpressive to me, but I bet it is extremely complimentary in blends as the cream flavor doesn’t taste too artificial or overwhelming but it is still present.

A bit weaked flavoured for my liking – enjoyable, but without depth. I imagine it makes a good base tea, to add flavoured teas too. Probably will try mixing it, before retiring!

I was feeling like some black tea with milk, but alas had no milk around. So I opened this sample, hoping for a reasonable substitute. It worked out all right—not quite what I want, but it’ll tide me over.

I’m usually not a fan of the Ceylon base Adagio uses for their flavored teas. It works pretty well with cream flavor, though, and the level of flavoring is just right.

Rich, simple, good as a base for a tea latte of some sort.

This tea smells like heaven when you open the bag. The taste wasn’t quite as creamy as I would have liked, but good none-the-less.

Can’t take too much at a time or it makes me rather woozy and ill, like I’ve eaten too much honey. Otherwise I like the flavour, and it blends well with other blacks.

Another favorite. Good to mix with others.