Earl Grey Moonlight

Cream, Vanilla, Bergamot
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I also made an order at Adagio that arrived today. First one in almost three years. As I usually do, I opened each package just to sniff. It's a sort of silly but fun ritual I have whenever I...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 485 tasting notes
  • “I'm not normally a huge fan of Adagio's flavored stuff. I used to be. But I suppose places like Kusmi, Lupicia and Mariage Freres have raised my expectations for flavored teas and Adagio no...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “This smells pretty nice, but the flavor is a little watery. I added stevia, which helped. As it cooled it got a little better, there's a nice lemon cake with creamy frosting kind of thing, but...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3050 tasting notes
  • “This is an old favorite of mine. I think it's an Earl Grey that I will never tire of, because of the touch of sweet and creamy vanilla. There is a robust black tea flavor with a citrusy finish. ...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

By popular demand, request and threat, we have finally added an earl grey cream blend. Comforting flavors of vanilla and cream combine to soften the citrus notes of traditional Earl Grey. Your taste buds will swoon at first sip of our Earl Grey Moonlight.

About Adagio Teas View company

Goodness, I DO NOT like earl grey, but I love this tea! Adagio does a great job with creating an alternative option for the standard earl grey. The undertone of creaminess eases the typical bite from the “bergamot.”

With all the not so great reviews here I was a little insecure to post a positive one ;) I really like this tea. Wish it were creamier. I noticed that it can be over brewed easily-maybe that’s with all Earl Greys. It turns bitter easily 3 minutes-max (for me)
Great aroma. I know Argo tea sells a drink with Earl Grey Vanilla with sugar and (soy) milk, so I tried my version at home using Adagio’s blend. works fine (plus hell of a lot cheaper)

For some reason, I’ve been off tea for the last week, but this was such a yummy reintroduction, that I’m going to give it a bump in the ratings.

Edited 4/7: resteeped for breakfast. Yummy with creamer and honey.

Meh. this tea was not what i was expecting. i got a strong ‘orange/butterscotch’ smell n the nose, instead of vanilla. Also, the bergamot seemed to make this tea bitter. On the back of my tongue, I tasted a strong bitter aspect after taking a sip. I didn’t oversteep the tea, so it must be the bergamot. Bergamot is a very strong flavor in most earl greys, which is why I am not a huge fan of them. I think this tea could be perfected by adding more of a ratio of vanilla/cream in the tea. I did not taste much vanilla or cream in my tea, which is what I was expecting.

NO. Just no.

I love Earl Grey Bravo and I drink at least one cup of it every day. I love the strong citrus/bergamot scent and I love the flavor. I also like vanilla, so thought this might be worth a sample. Nope. The smell is very strong (which I like with EGB) and the vanilla/citrus combination just doesn’t work for me at all.

Plus, it tasted over-steeped even when following the recommended directions.

May be great for other people, but this was not the one for me.

Cofftea

I’d normally give more fault to the steeping suggestions, but not for blacks. I’m sorry it was such a disappointment, but it was nice to read a review on it:)

LissaMarie

My tea tasted over-steeped and bitter too! And i followed the steeping suggestions to a tee. I wasn’t impressed with this tea at all.

This is a bit disappointing. It has a slight citrus flavor but I wish it was stronger, and creamier. I was expecting a bit more special considering this isn’t supposed to be a normal earl grey. It’s not a bad earl grey, but just not what I was expecting.

I think I like this tea better than Earl Grey. takes sip I take that back; I definitely like this tea better than Earl Grey. The vanilla flavor adds complexity and is soft on the tastebuds. With a pinch of sugar and a splash of almond milk, I can see this poor little 3 oz. bag disappearing before my eyes. It is definitely a bit of a dessert tea and smells like a lemon pastry. I’m not sure which pastry to peg it on, but let’s say a soft, moist, lemon cupcake with vanilla frosting. Yeah, I think that description does it!

Not as overpowering as a full Earl Grey can be if you’re not used to it, this blend has a light, fruity sub taste. Definately an Earl Grey I plan on keeping in the cupboard.

I thought this tea was ok. I ordered it accidently instead of a normal earl grey. oops. It was okay but I actually liked the roobois blend I had better. Next time I will order the right earl grey.

Brandice

I really dislike “creme” Earl Greys. I think you’ll like Earl Grey Bravo better!