Earl Grey Moonlight

Bergamot, Cream, Earl Grey, Orange, Vanilla, Astringent, Citrus, Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I also made an order at Adagio that arrived today. First one in almost three years. As I usually do, I opened each package just to sniff. It's a sort of silly but fun ritual I have whenever I...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 492 tasting notes
  • “I'm not normally a huge fan of Adagio's flavored stuff. I used to be. But I suppose places like Kusmi, Lupicia and Mariage Freres have raised my expectations for flavored teas and Adagio no...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “This smells pretty nice, but the flavor is a little watery. I added stevia, which helped. As it cooled it got a little better, there's a nice lemon cake with creamy frosting kind of thing, but...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3076 tasting notes
  • “This is an old favorite of mine. I think it's an Earl Grey that I will never tire of, because of the touch of sweet and creamy vanilla. There is a robust black tea flavor with a citrusy finish. ...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

By popular demand, request and threat, we have finally added an earl grey cream blend. Comforting flavors of vanilla and cream combine to soften the citrus notes of traditional Earl Grey. Your taste buds will swoon at first sip of our Earl Grey Moonlight.

About Adagio Teas View company

The blue color in this tea before brewing fascinates me. It is very pretty to look at. This tea is a full bodied tea with a smooth sweet flavor. It was the first tea I bought after I was pulled into the tea world by a good friend and it only confirmed my believe that I was hooked.

200 °F / 93 °C

Received this tea from Adagio a few days ago and have enjoyed a couple brilliant cups of it. All the flavors come together nicely. Yum yum.

Flyawaybirdie sent me a sample of this in her Christmas card :) Thanks, Flyawaybirdie!

I have been wanting to try another earl grey cream for a while now and this fit the bill! I think there may be better versions out there, so I’ll keep looking for a few more to try. But, this is definitely something I could enjoy drinking regularly, especially for the price.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream

So, I took my own advice and brewed fresh tea. The tea is darker this time with a warm scent that reminds me of caramel. It tastes better too, though I wouldn’t say that the vanilla is as prominent as I would like. The Earl Grey is there, but not as strong as I would like. The citrus notes are stronger, now that I can taste the tea. I did wonder how the added citrus would affect the taste. I don’t know if I like this addition or not. It’s not the best vanilla earl grey I’ve tasted, but it would probably add more depth to whatever you decided to add it to. It does taste more like orange than bergamot.

Taste: 7 (It does have the vanilla and Earl Grey elements there, but the orange peel seems to be the predominant flavor. That’s not necessarily what I want in my Earl Grey, but it’s not like it doesn’t meld with the other flavors. I do think the taste balances out as it cools, giving it a stronger flavor. I might have to try it iced.)
Tea Leaf: 6 (It doesn’t match the picture. It’s a lot more dust than I would expect, and not what I would call whole leaf. It looks cut like what you would get in a tea bag. the cornflower and orange peel are there, but not in big pieces.)
Smell: 7 (Prior to steeping, I didn’t really get much of an Earl Grey vibe off of it, and it didn’t really smell like vanilla. Since those are the two things that I would look for, I was a bit disappointed that it wasn’t noticeable. Brewed, it has a caramel smell, which could be the mix of vanilla and creme.
Would I drink it again: 7 (I think it would be great mixed. I’m getting a sample of it in the mail, and I don’t think I would buy it immediately, but if I had it in the closet, I would drink it. It’s good to share with friends who are on the fence about tea.)
How it compares to similar teas: 5 (It doesn’t beat out any of the competitors, unless you include the bagged varieties. It’s good for what it is, but I’ll buy my cream earl grey teas elsewhere, and reserve this for blends.)
Would I recommend it to others: Yes +5 / No 0
Total: (37×2) 74
(Still working on this rating thing. I should stop rating them simply based on the smily faces at the bottom…)

Flavors: Bergamot, Earl Grey, Orange, Vanilla

Flyawaybirdie

I’m glad the second time around worked out better for you. It’s not a very strong flavoring- I tend to liken it to tea + cream orangsicles, much more vanilla cream than citrus. If you want a more robust bermagot flavor in the Adagio line, the Earl Grey Bravo is more citrusy I think.

If you’re looking for an Earl Grey alternative, this is it! It has well balanced notes of cream and bergamont. There’s a really nice overlaying floral quality to it as well, and only a mild astringency to it. I often find earl greys too bergamont flavoured, but not this one. Definitely a staple in the cabinet. Makes a pretty great iced tea too!

Flavors: Astringent, Citrus, Cream, Floral

I absolutely love this tea! I think it is awesome that it has the creamy taste already built in rather then having to put it into the tea! This is my go-to Earl Grey drink!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is my idea of heaven. I discovered it at a local tea room in Delray called Shaffer’s and it’s now the only thing I drink whenever I go there. Apart from the lovely moniker, the taste and aroma are spellbinding to an Earl Grey lover. Even the blue hue of some of the flowers in this loose tea are breathtaking. I could seriously compose a sonnet to this tea.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Did I just get a bad batch? I first tried this tea as a sample and brewed it for 3 mins. I took one sip and got a mouthful of citrus bergamot! Way too intense. I had to pour it out. I then came back to steepster and went to adagio website to check reviews and no one else had the same experience. So I tried another cup. Same experience. A mouthful of bergamot and lingering after taste. Ugh!

arichard

I had good luck by blending this tea. I blended it most successfully with vanilla black tea. I do agree with you – this tea has so much bergamot that it tastes like perfume to me.

Arshness

I LOVE Adagio’s Earl Grey Bravo. I didn’t like Moonlight. So whatever that says… :)

I’m not the biggest vanilla fan so I was skeptical of having this tea. I got a sample and now I’m sad that I’m running low! This tea is very similar to the Earl Grey Bravo but has a touch of vanilla and bit of a smooth cream flavor.

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Aroma: Bergamot, malt, citrus, cream
Liquor Color: Reddish amber
Liquor Flavor: Bergamot, lingering cream notes, crisp citrus. Slightly grainy in texture.
Notes: I’m fairly new to earl grey, a friend brought this over to a tea tasting party that I held and I liked this one. It’s really good with a splash of cream and sugar. The base black tea I noticed wasn’t very smooth, but the flavors of this tea make up for it. No flavor was too overwhelming, and I enjoyed the lingering creamy vanilla finish. Not too strong, this tea is perfect for a cold day.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML