Earl Grey Moonlight

Bergamot, Cream, Floral, Orange, Vanilla, Earl Grey, Astringent, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I also made an order at Adagio that arrived today. First one in almost three years. As I usually do, I opened each package just to sniff. It’s a sort of silly but fun ritual I have...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 518 tasting notes
  • “I’m not normally a huge fan of Adagio’s flavored stuff. I used to be. But I suppose places like Kusmi, Lupicia and Mariage Freres have raised my expectations for flavored teas and...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “This smells pretty nice, but the flavor is a little watery. I added stevia, which helped. As it cooled it got a little better, there’s a nice lemon cake with creamy frosting kind...” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3167 tasting notes
  • “This is an old favorite of mine. I think it’s an Earl Grey that I will never tire of, because of the touch of sweet and creamy vanilla. There is a robust black tea flavor with a citrusy...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

By popular demand, request and threat, we have finally added an earl grey cream blend. Comforting flavors of vanilla and cream combine to soften the citrus notes of traditional Earl Grey. Your taste buds will swoon at first sip of our Earl Grey Moonlight.

About Adagio Teas View company

The blue color in this tea before brewing fascinates me. It is very pretty to look at. This tea is a full bodied tea with a smooth sweet flavor. It was the first tea I bought after I was pulled into the tea world by a good friend and it only confirmed my believe that I was hooked.

200 °F / 93 °C

Received this tea from Adagio a few days ago and have enjoyed a couple brilliant cups of it. All the flavors come together nicely. Yum yum.

I have been wanting to try this for a while to compare it to Tealuxe’s Creme de la Earl Grey and finally got the opportunity today when my MIL brought some over. I excitedly opened the package and inhaled my first sniff and was disappointed. The smell was artificial in an unpleasant way. I went ahead and brewed a cup and the taste of the tea was not as bad as the smell. It was not bad, just not nearly as good to me as the one from Tealuxe (which I personally adore). I am glad I sampled this before ordering.

I normally find earl grey to be soapy, but found that the creme versions help cut that, alongside some milk. I like this most in the morning, even more so now that it is spring and the citrus reflects the freshness of spring.

Tasty morning cuppa of cream Earl Grey.

I can’t drink this tea without milk. My tastebuds really protest cornflowers. I didn’t realize this had cornflowers when I purchased it. With that said, this is nice with some added milk because the milk masks the cornflower flavor. I had really high hopes for this because I love Earl Grey Bravo.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Floral, Orange, Vanilla

3 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Flyawaybirdie sent me a sample of this in her Christmas card :) Thanks, Flyawaybirdie!

I have been wanting to try another earl grey cream for a while now and this fit the bill! I think there may be better versions out there, so I’ll keep looking for a few more to try. But, this is definitely something I could enjoy drinking regularly, especially for the price.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream

So, I took my own advice and brewed fresh tea. The tea is darker this time with a warm scent that reminds me of caramel. It tastes better too, though I wouldn’t say that the vanilla is as prominent as I would like. The Earl Grey is there, but not as strong as I would like. The citrus notes are stronger, now that I can taste the tea. I did wonder how the added citrus would affect the taste. I don’t know if I like this addition or not. It’s not the best vanilla earl grey I’ve tasted, but it would probably add more depth to whatever you decided to add it to. It does taste more like orange than bergamot.

Taste: 7 (It does have the vanilla and Earl Grey elements there, but the orange peel seems to be the predominant flavor. That’s not necessarily what I want in my Earl Grey, but it’s not like it doesn’t meld with the other flavors. I do think the taste balances out as it cools, giving it a stronger flavor. I might have to try it iced.)
Tea Leaf: 6 (It doesn’t match the picture. It’s a lot more dust than I would expect, and not what I would call whole leaf. It looks cut like what you would get in a tea bag. the cornflower and orange peel are there, but not in big pieces.)
Smell: 7 (Prior to steeping, I didn’t really get much of an Earl Grey vibe off of it, and it didn’t really smell like vanilla. Since those are the two things that I would look for, I was a bit disappointed that it wasn’t noticeable. Brewed, it has a caramel smell, which could be the mix of vanilla and creme.
Would I drink it again: 7 (I think it would be great mixed. I’m getting a sample of it in the mail, and I don’t think I would buy it immediately, but if I had it in the closet, I would drink it. It’s good to share with friends who are on the fence about tea.)
How it compares to similar teas: 5 (It doesn’t beat out any of the competitors, unless you include the bagged varieties. It’s good for what it is, but I’ll buy my cream earl grey teas elsewhere, and reserve this for blends.)
Would I recommend it to others: Yes +5 / No 0
Total: (37×2) 74
(Still working on this rating thing. I should stop rating them simply based on the smily faces at the bottom…)

Flavors: Bergamot, Earl Grey, Orange, Vanilla

Flyawaybirdie

I’m glad the second time around worked out better for you. It’s not a very strong flavoring- I tend to liken it to tea + cream orangsicles, much more vanilla cream than citrus. If you want a more robust bermagot flavor in the Adagio line, the Earl Grey Bravo is more citrusy I think.

If you’re looking for an Earl Grey alternative, this is it! It has well balanced notes of cream and bergamont. There’s a really nice overlaying floral quality to it as well, and only a mild astringency to it. I often find earl greys too bergamont flavoured, but not this one. Definitely a staple in the cabinet. Makes a pretty great iced tea too!

Flavors: Astringent, Citrus, Cream, Floral

I absolutely love this tea! I think it is awesome that it has the creamy taste already built in rather then having to put it into the tea! This is my go-to Earl Grey drink!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML