Earl Grey Moonlight

Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I also made an order at Adagio that arrived today. First one in almost three years. As I usually do, I opened each package just to sniff. It's a sort of silly but fun ritual I have whenever I...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 457 tasting notes
  • “I'm not normally a huge fan of Adagio's flavored stuff. I used to be. But I suppose places like Kusmi, Lupicia and Mariage Freres have raised my expectations for flavored teas and Adagio no...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “This smells pretty nice, but the flavor is a little watery. I added stevia, which helped. As it cooled it got a little better, there's a nice lemon cake with creamy frosting kind of thing, but...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2497 tasting notes
  • “This is an old favorite of mine. I think it's an Earl Grey that I will never tire of, because of the touch of sweet and creamy vanilla. There is a robust black tea flavor with a citrusy finish. ...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

By popular demand, request and threat, we have finally added an earl grey cream blend. Comforting flavors of vanilla and cream combine to soften the citrus notes of traditional Earl Grey. Your taste buds will swoon at first sip of our Earl Grey Moonlight.

About Adagio Teas View company

I thought this tea was ok. I ordered it accidently instead of a normal earl grey. oops. It was okay but I actually liked the roobois blend I had better. Next time I will order the right earl grey.

Brandice

I really dislike “creme” Earl Greys. I think you’ll like Earl Grey Bravo better!

The blue color in this tea before brewing fascinates me. It is very pretty to look at. This tea is a full bodied tea with a smooth sweet flavor. It was the first tea I bought after I was pulled into the tea world by a good friend and it only confirmed my believe that I was hooked.

200 °F / 93 °C

Received this tea from Adagio a few days ago and have enjoyed a couple brilliant cups of it. All the flavors come together nicely. Yum yum.

Thanks for selling a sample of this, TeaTiff! Adagio’s Vanilla is my favorite vanilla tea, so this should be good paired with Earl Grey. I’m not sure I’ve tried Adagio’s EG before if it weren’t mixed in a blend. It’s also got the cream blend in it, which I wish I could also try on its own. There are orange peel pieces here too.

Steep #1 // just boiled // 2 1/2 min
A lovely EG – it isn’t the best but it isn’t the worst. It might be a nice one for those who don’t like a lot of bergamot. But to me, the bergamot is just a touch too light, as well as the vanilla/cream. The black tea compliments the flavor well. The second steep was lighter, a bit weaker. If this were the only EG that existed, I wouldn’t be complaining. There are so many nice ones out there though! The flavor of the second steep was lower.

I really really really thought I would love this tea. I am a big fan of black teas, and Earl Grey especially.

It wasn’t that it was awful, it was just sort of middle of the road. And, it left my mouth so dry that fifteen minutes later I had to go get a drink of water. It was a really unpleasant after effect.

Edit: Second try at this tea. I started wondering if I had overstepped it the first time and that made the crazy astringency, so I made it again with a strict 3 minute timed steep. It’s still an astringent tea, but not unbearably astringent. So the moral of this story is, don’t oversteep this one.

It smells like orange creme. Yum. But it doesn’t taste like it. =(

This tea bothers me in the fact that it’s never what I expect it to be, so I keep trying to change up brew times and such to find that perfect combo. I’ve tried this one at least twice before but forgot to log it both times- but I didn’t have much to say about it either.

The creme (cream?) smell is fairly strong on the first steep, I keep typing it creme because the smell reminds me of the Cadsbury creme eggs that my coworker keeps at her desk at all times. I actually get no earl grey smell from this, other than that citrus bit, but it blends in more with the creme smell so I don’t think ‘tea’ when I get a whiff.

The black base is not too heavy, and is fairly disguised by the scent for me on the first few sips. It’s more dry mouth feel and light black tea notes. I quite like it, but I don’t flavor the scent so much. It makes me crave orange creamsicles.

Second steep is more or less straight up earl grey, but nothing spectacular. The bergamot scent pulls through much more strongly, but still in the sweet sort of way. I think from the way I feel about this, I might prefer the tarter smelling earl greys, which could be true because I’m loving their Earl Grey Bravo. Sort of feeling sad I have a full size of the Moonlight and only a sample of the Bravo. I have plenty of EG in the cabinet though, so it’s not such a loss. This will definitely be a dessert type tea for me in the future.

I really like a few of the EGC’s I have tried so when I saw this up for swap I grabbed it out of curiosity. Thank-you AnnaEA for satisfying my curiosity. This one unfortunately is not for me. I get a hint of cream, and the peppery aftertaste of the bergamont, but none of the citrus. The base is weak or comes through with a watery finish.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m a sucker for cream earl greys, so I had high expectations. It smells great straight out of the bag and is smooth and a little sweet. You can add milk or sweetener if you like, but it’s great straight as well.

I got a sample of this tea from Adagio as I’m looking for a more local tea to replace Murchie’s Earl Gray Cream Tea that I love. This tea isn’t as good, but I find it very drinkable. I like the vanilla note along with the bergamot.

My first sip of this was horrible. It tasted like eating vanilla icing, which isn’t something I tend to enjoy. I was all ready to give this a bad review and then I took a second sip and it mellowed out into a slightly sweet, smooth earl grey. Huh.

It smells interesting in the bag. A slightly odd mix of the bitterness of orange peel and the sweetness of intense vanilla. It brews up slightly darker than the usual earl grey and tastes fine. I’m not wowed but it won’t be a trial finishing off my sample. After that alarming first sip it’s not over-sweet at all, and in fact it could do with being somewhere more in between my first and second tastes. It does leave a chalky feel in the mouth, which I’ve noticed with other earl greys but don’t especially like.