Earl Grey Moonlight

Bergamot, Vanilla, Cream, Earl Grey, Smooth, Floral, Orange, Astringent, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I also made an order at Adagio that arrived today. First one in almost three years. As I usually do, I opened each package just to sniff. It’s a sort of silly but fun ritual I have...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 529 tasting notes
  • “I’m not normally a huge fan of Adagio’s flavored stuff. I used to be. But I suppose places like Kusmi, Lupicia and Mariage Freres have raised my expectations for flavored teas and...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “This smells pretty nice, but the flavor is a little watery. I added stevia, which helped. As it cooled it got a little better, there’s a nice lemon cake with creamy frosting kind of thing,...” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3230 tasting notes
  • “This is an old favorite of mine. I think it’s an Earl Grey that I will never tire of, because of the touch of sweet and creamy vanilla. There is a robust black tea flavor with a citrusy...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

By popular demand, request and threat, we have finally added an earl grey cream blend. Comforting flavors of vanilla and cream combine to soften the citrus notes of traditional Earl Grey. Your taste buds will swoon at first sip of our Earl Grey Moonlight.

About Adagio Teas View company

The blue color in this tea before brewing fascinates me. It is very pretty to look at. This tea is a full bodied tea with a smooth sweet flavor. It was the first tea I bought after I was pulled into the tea world by a good friend and it only confirmed my believe that I was hooked.

200 °F / 93 °C

Received this tea from Adagio a few days ago and have enjoyed a couple brilliant cups of it. All the flavors come together nicely. Yum yum.

Really good! I love the way it smells, and it’s quite a sweet earl grey. I think it’ll pair quite nicely with some honey.

Flavors: Bergamot, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 25 OZ / 750 ML

I bought a sample of this in a big order I made from Adagio teas. I made this after breakfast and I liked looking at the liquor, dark and golden.
The smell of the dry leaves in the bag is very strong and quite overpowering. Kinda made my stomach queasy. But the portion I steeped wasn’t overpowering in smell which I appreciated.
The first brew was very creamy in taste. And hmm it’s manageable but I liked the second steeping better. (2nd Steep: 5:20min, Boiling) More of the earl grey taste came through but it’s still smooth.
I think I may not like creamy teas unless I add milk. So I might try that the next time I have this.
But for now I have other samples to try throughout the day.

Flavors: Cream, Earl Grey, Smooth

Normally I really dislike Earl Grey teas, but I got this one as a free sample. And I have to say… I am surprised to find it growing on me. I’m not sure I’d order a whole bag of it but I’d definitely drink it as part of a blend. The flavor is very smooth to me.

Boiling 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Talk about watery tea! I was excited to try this since I like the flavor of Earl Grey, but right out of the bag the scent was cloying. Like those citrus air fresheners, but with some vanilla added in. Luckily the tea doesn’t taste the same when brewed—in fact, it hardly tastes at all! There are some notes of Earl Grey flavor, but the tea turns out the same watery way no matter how much I use or how long I steep it. Overall, kind of a disappointment.

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I have been wanting to try this for a while to compare it to Tealuxe’s Creme de la Earl Grey and finally got the opportunity today when my MIL brought some over. I excitedly opened the package and inhaled my first sniff and was disappointed. The smell was artificial in an unpleasant way. I went ahead and brewed a cup and the taste of the tea was not as bad as the smell. It was not bad, just not nearly as good to me as the one from Tealuxe (which I personally adore). I am glad I sampled this before ordering.

I normally find earl grey to be soapy, but found that the creme versions help cut that, alongside some milk. I like this most in the morning, even more so now that it is spring and the citrus reflects the freshness of spring.

Tasty morning cuppa of cream Earl Grey.

I can’t drink this tea without milk. My tastebuds really protest cornflowers. I didn’t realize this had cornflowers when I purchased it. With that said, this is nice with some added milk because the milk masks the cornflower flavor. I had really high hopes for this because I love Earl Grey Bravo.

Flavors: Bergamot, Cream, Floral, Orange, Vanilla