Earl Grey Moonlight

Cream, Vanilla, Bergamot
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I also made an order at Adagio that arrived today. First one in almost three years. As I usually do, I opened each package just to sniff. It's a sort of silly but fun ritual I have whenever I...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 472 tasting notes
  • “I'm not normally a huge fan of Adagio's flavored stuff. I used to be. But I suppose places like Kusmi, Lupicia and Mariage Freres have raised my expectations for flavored teas and Adagio no...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “This smells pretty nice, but the flavor is a little watery. I added stevia, which helped. As it cooled it got a little better, there's a nice lemon cake with creamy frosting kind of thing, but...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 2918 tasting notes
  • “This is an old favorite of mine. I think it's an Earl Grey that I will never tire of, because of the touch of sweet and creamy vanilla. There is a robust black tea flavor with a citrusy finish. ...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

By popular demand, request and threat, we have finally added an earl grey cream blend. Comforting flavors of vanilla and cream combine to soften the citrus notes of traditional Earl Grey. Your taste buds will swoon at first sip of our Earl Grey Moonlight.

About Adagio Teas View company

I thought this tea was ok. I ordered it accidently instead of a normal earl grey. oops. It was okay but I actually liked the roobois blend I had better. Next time I will order the right earl grey.

Brandice

I really dislike “creme” Earl Greys. I think you’ll like Earl Grey Bravo better!

The blue color in this tea before brewing fascinates me. It is very pretty to look at. This tea is a full bodied tea with a smooth sweet flavor. It was the first tea I bought after I was pulled into the tea world by a good friend and it only confirmed my believe that I was hooked.

200 °F / 93 °C

Received this tea from Adagio a few days ago and have enjoyed a couple brilliant cups of it. All the flavors come together nicely. Yum yum.

This tea is my idea of heaven. I discovered it at a local tea room in Delray called Shaffer’s and it’s now the only thing I drink whenever I go there. Apart from the lovely moniker, the taste and aroma are spellbinding to an Earl Grey lover. Even the blue hue of some of the flowers in this loose tea is breathtaking. I could seriously compose a sonnet to this tea.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Did I just get a bad batch? I first tried this tea as a sample and brewed it for 3 mins. I took one sip and got a mouthful of citrus bergamot! Way too intense. I had to pour it out. I then came back to steepster and went to adagio website to check reviews and no one else had the same experience. So I tried another cup. Same experience. A mouthful of bergamot and lingering after taste. Ugh!

arichard

I had good luck by blending this tea. I blended it most successfully with vanilla black tea. I do agree with you – this tea has so much bergamot that it tastes like perfume to me.

Arshness

I LOVE Adagio’s Earl Grey Bravo. I didn’t like Moonlight. So whatever that says… :)

I’m not the biggest vanilla fan so I was skeptical of having this tea. I got a sample and now I’m sad that I’m running low! This tea is very similar to the Earl Grey Bravo but has a touch of vanilla and bit of a smooth cream flavor.

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Aroma: Bergamot, malt, citrus, cream
Liquor Color: Reddish amber
Liquor Flavor: Bergamot, lingering cream notes, crisp citrus. Slightly grainy in texture.
Notes: I’m fairly new to earl grey, a friend brought this over to a tea tasting party that I held and I liked this one. It’s really good with a splash of cream and sugar. The base black tea I noticed wasn’t very smooth, but the flavors of this tea make up for it. No flavor was too overwhelming, and I enjoyed the lingering creamy vanilla finish. Not too strong, this tea is perfect for a cold day.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

The Earl gray i have tried in the past has been from tea bags and have never liked them much. A friend gave me a sample of this is not as overpowering as a full Earl Grey, the smell when you open the bag is divined, it has a light fruity sub taste. I plan on keeping this one in my cupboard

Flavors: Bergamot

Here’s Hoping traveling teabox – Round 3

I’ve been really into earl grey creams lately, so I figured since this was in the box, I would give it a whirl. It’s not bad, but it doesn’t rank up there with the Argo Earl Grey Creme, which is my current favorite, though I do have some of the Zen’s version on the way to me which has been touted as the best. We’ll see. Not bad, just not memorable.

2 tsp + sweetener

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Tea Sipper

Oh, I’ll have to try the Argo!

Not a favorite. I read the notes that suggested that it should have a short steep and adjusted the steep to 2 min. Still bitter and astringent. Not my cuppa.

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML