Earl Grey Moonlight

Bergamot, Cream, Floral, Orange, Vanilla, Earl Grey, Astringent, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I also made an order at Adagio that arrived today. First one in almost three years. As I usually do, I opened each package just to sniff. It’s a sort of silly but fun ritual I have...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 522 tasting notes
  • “I’m not normally a huge fan of Adagio’s flavored stuff. I used to be. But I suppose places like Kusmi, Lupicia and Mariage Freres have raised my expectations for flavored teas and...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “This smells pretty nice, but the flavor is a little watery. I added stevia, which helped. As it cooled it got a little better, there’s a nice lemon cake with creamy frosting kind of thing,...” Read full tasting note
    terri-harplady 3229 tasting notes
  • “This is an old favorite of mine. I think it’s an Earl Grey that I will never tire of, because of the touch of sweet and creamy vanilla. There is a robust black tea flavor with a citrusy...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

By popular demand, request and threat, we have finally added an earl grey cream blend. Comforting flavors of vanilla and cream combine to soften the citrus notes of traditional Earl Grey. Your taste buds will swoon at first sip of our Earl Grey Moonlight.

About Adagio Teas View company

If you’re looking for an Earl Grey alternative, this is it! It has well balanced notes of cream and bergamont. There’s a really nice overlaying floral quality to it as well, and only a mild astringency to it. I often find earl greys too bergamont flavoured, but not this one. Definitely a staple in the cabinet. Makes a pretty great iced tea too!

Flavors: Astringent, Citrus, Cream, Floral

I absolutely love this tea! I think it is awesome that it has the creamy taste already built in rather then having to put it into the tea! This is my go-to Earl Grey drink!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is my idea of heaven. I discovered it at a local tea room in Delray called Shaffer’s and it’s now the only thing I drink whenever I go there. Apart from the lovely moniker, the taste and aroma are spellbinding to an Earl Grey lover. Even the blue hue of some of the flowers in this loose tea are breathtaking. I could seriously compose a sonnet to this tea.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Did I just get a bad batch? I first tried this tea as a sample and brewed it for 3 mins. I took one sip and got a mouthful of citrus bergamot! Way too intense. I had to pour it out. I then came back to steepster and went to adagio website to check reviews and no one else had the same experience. So I tried another cup. Same experience. A mouthful of bergamot and lingering after taste. Ugh!

I had good luck by blending this tea. I blended it most successfully with vanilla black tea. I do agree with you – this tea has so much bergamot that it tastes like perfume to me.

I LOVE Adagio’s Earl Grey Bravo. I didn’t like Moonlight. So whatever that says… :)

I’m not the biggest vanilla fan so I was skeptical of having this tea. I got a sample and now I’m sad that I’m running low! This tea is very similar to the Earl Grey Bravo but has a touch of vanilla and bit of a smooth cream flavor.

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

The Earl gray i have tried in the past has been from tea bags and have never liked them much. A friend gave me a sample of this is not as overpowering as a full Earl Grey, the smell when you open the bag is divined, it has a light fruity sub taste. I plan on keeping this one in my cupboard

Flavors: Bergamot

Here’s Hoping traveling teabox – Round 3

I’ve been really into earl grey creams lately, so I figured since this was in the box, I would give it a whirl. It’s not bad, but it doesn’t rank up there with the Argo Earl Grey Creme, which is my current favorite, though I do have some of the Zen’s version on the way to me which has been touted as the best. We’ll see. Not bad, just not memorable.

2 tsp + sweetener

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Oh, I’ll have to try the Argo!

Not a favorite. I read the notes that suggested that it should have a short steep and adjusted the steep to 2 min. Still bitter and astringent. Not my cuppa.

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I got a sample of this and was not impressed. It was very perfumey, and not really smooth. I tamed it by mixing it 50-50 with Adagio’s Vanilla black tea. That did the trick! Now, it’s creamy and what I expected an Earl Grey Cream to taste like. This also solved the problem of what to do with the Vanilla Black tea that was only okay. This blend elevated both of them.
I still will not buy either of these teas, though.
The rating I’m giving corresponds to the unblended version. Blended, I would give this tea an 85.

The scent of this tea is lovely, full of citrus, floral and vanilla notes; however, the flavor is mostly floral and there is an unpleasant aftertaste.

This was steeped using boiling water for about 3 minutes. The flavor was barely there, so I left it for another minute at at 4 minutes, it seemed better.

The tea has a light bitterness, but it’s not outrageous. I don’t taste much of the vanilla/cream that was promised because the floral flavors steal the show. The problem is that they aren’t terribly pleasant.

The tea feels a little chalky, and the aftertaste is strong. I have tried Earl Greys that I like, but I don’t think this will be one of them.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML