Earl Grey Moonlight

Bergamot, Cream, Earl Grey, Orange, Vanilla, Astringent, Citrus, Floral
Edit tea info Last updated by Amanda

• “I also made an order at Adagio that arrived today. First one in almost three years. As I usually do, I opened each package just to sniff. It's a sort of silly but fun ritual I have whenever I...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 492 tasting notes
  • “I'm not normally a huge fan of Adagio's flavored stuff. I used to be. But I suppose places like Kusmi, Lupicia and Mariage Freres have raised my expectations for flavored teas and Adagio no...” Read full tasting note
    aug3zimm 911 tasting notes
  • “This smells pretty nice, but the flavor is a little watery. I added stevia, which helped. As it cooled it got a little better, there's a nice lemon cake with creamy frosting kind of thing, but...” Read full tasting note
    Terri HarpLady 3078 tasting notes
  • “This is an old favorite of mine. I think it's an Earl Grey that I will never tire of, because of the touch of sweet and creamy vanilla. There is a robust black tea flavor with a citrusy finish. ...” Read full tasting note
    JosieJade 358 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

By popular demand, request and threat, we have finally added an earl grey cream blend. Comforting flavors of vanilla and cream combine to soften the citrus notes of traditional Earl Grey. Your taste buds will swoon at first sip of our Earl Grey Moonlight.

About Adagio Teas View company

Put simply this tea sucks.

At first inspection I opened up the bag and enjoyed what I was smelling. Than I drank this schtuff, it is very bitter and the bergamont is cheap and overpowering. I still have the majority of my 3 ounce order and I don’t want to throw the stuff out, but I really don’t enjoy drinking it.

A good earl grey, but nothing stands out to make it excellent. A good drink nonetheless.

Ehh, I never am sure how to feel about this tea. I was excited when I ordered it because I love the individual flavors and thought that they might go well together. I got it a while ago and still have quite a lot of it because I’m afraid to make it half the time. The first time I ever made it (months ago, now) it came out really well. The second time it tasted so horrible and bitter and… soapy that I had to throw out the entire pot. It was utterly undrinkable. I’ve always kept to the safe side and used small amounts of leaf and shorter steeping times than I normally would with black teas.

Overall, this doesn’t really taste like vanilla, cream, or Earl Grey. It’s just sort of a black tea with a little bit of an almost milky aftertaste that doesn’t stand out much. At best it’s drinkable and at worst it’s absolutely wretched. I wish I’d only gotten the sample size and not the full 4oz tin.

It’s good! But I was looking for a cup to replace Teavana’s Earl Grey Creme so I have zero dependence on them anymore, and this cup just doesn’t do it at all. It’s nice, a bit sweet, and almost a pancake-syrup scent to it. But it’s nothing as balanced and drinkable as the original Earl Grey Creme that so many other brands carry…It’s a great alternative, if you like that, but it’s not the same basic every-day that I’m looking for.

I love Earl Grey Bravo so I thought I would try this for variety. Earl Grey is my favorite black tea but this version, not so much. I didn’t dislike it exactly, it just didn’t satisfy my tea craving. Too much caramel flavor for me. I added honey and milk and steeped for stated time. I am glad I only bought a sample size and I do not think I will order again.