Guanabana

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “I've wanted to try this one for a while, so when I ordered my filter bags this time around, I snagged a sample. This is different, but decent. I thought with the name there would be a blend of...” Read full tasting note
    tea-slinger 576 tasting notes
  • “Guanabana! ♥ Again, I haven't ordered this tea in 2 years, and it looks like another blend Adagio has stepped up a bit. Last I saw it, the Ceylon leaf was lower quality, and there were much...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 457 tasting notes
  • “First, thanks to *MadelineAlyce* for this swap! Second, thanks to Guanabana tea for reviving my faith in Adagio. Adagio was the instigator of my tea love/obsession. Somehow this of love affair has...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes
  • “Suzi logged this yesterday and reminded me that I still had some left in my sample tin. I bought it primarily because of the odd name. Never heard of this fruit before, but if I ever get to South...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1191 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Looking for something truly unexpected and exotic? Guanabana may be flavor you’re looking for. Not familiar with the flavor? Think of the candied flavor of strawberries and pineapple with a citrusy-tartness, mixed with bright Ceylon black tea. Quite a discovery!

About Adagio Teas View company

Ah poop. I really hate it when work gets in the way of my steep timing. Like with this one. I ended up having to take a few phone calls, and before I realised it’d been steeping for around 12 minutes. Its ended up quite bitter, but just drinkable when I first sip it, but after a minute the sweetness comes through. So there is great potential here when I’m not distracted and can manage a better steep. I’ll rate it when its brewed correctly.

And this is another from my swap with Michelle, that this morning I realised I’d not sampled yet. Dearie me Michelle you’re generous! Still need to finish the box!

I’ve been putting off trying this tea because there is something weird about the aroma of the dry leaf.. Well I steeped it and honestly… I can’t handle the flavor… I feel like I’m drinking a rotten banana. It’s fruity and I can definitely taste the strawberry but that rotten banana flavor is just too much. I had to dump it..

Tried this one tonight, because I’d had it in blends but I’d never had it straight before. … but I sweetened it with swedish fish, just for fun. Because why not?

I think I would enjoy a guanabana lingonberry blend.

It’s not fantastic or anything, but I’m still kinda sad that adagio is discontinuing this one. (Now what are we supposed to use in blends as a shorthand for “quirky”? =P)

Ceylon tea is usually the only black tea I will stay away from but I think perhaps I will give it a second chance. I had to with this tea. Soursop seems too interesting to pass up. It’s a very unique flavor indeed! The soursop must give it the tropical flavor while the ceylon gives it a very earthy flavor. The mix of both works well together. So far I am liking it better hot.

There is one thing, however, that I do not like and that is the dry smell. I almost decided not to drink it just because of that but any good tea drinker knows you can’t judge a tea by it’s dry smell.

After drinking about half of the cup I wanted to be a little adventurous with honey. So I’ve put some raspberry and blueberry honey into the tea. Interesting! Brings out the soursop a bit more. The ceylon is almost mute now. Odd. Think I like it better without the honey.

I was hesitant to try this free sample because it smelled extremely sweet and fruity. Today I tried it and did not enjoy it at all. I drank a cup because I did not want it to go to waste. I’m not sure if I had steeped this wrong, so I am willing to try again since I have a sample of this.

Cofftea

try 2.25g of tea leaf per 6oz of purified water steeped in boiling water for 5 min.

This is a really good complex black tea. Not only does the smell draws one in. The taste is simply amazing. The golden black liquid is like pouring gold int o your cup and taste is powerful. It is almost hypnotic and once you start drinking you will feel bad once it is gone. Because you will know that after your first sip of this tea you will never have one that is better.

Good tea for my 1st day back at work!!