Hazelnut

Hazelnut, Tea, Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Needed a bit of a kick in the pants this morning. I was "supposed" to be in bed by 9:30. I ended up going to bed at 12:30 after spending three hours working on poetry critiques. The downside to...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “Dead tin. For dessert tonight with plenty of milk in it. A little too much milk, actually, if I'm to be honest, but it's still quite nice. It gives a good clue of what it would have been like...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1312 tasting notes
  • “this sample came to me courtesy of MissB. i found this to be a really striking tea! this was ferarro rocher minus the chocolate. creamy with a freshly ground hazelnut taste. i added a half tsp of...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I could have sworn i'd tried this a long time ago, but apparently not according to steepster. Another sample from Terri which i'm glad to have. I'm not sure how i feel about this tea. ...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5392 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

This new flavor combines the full, bright taste of Ceylon black tea with the toasty, creamy sweetness of hazelnuts. Hazelnut’s natural pairing with chocolate makes this tea a perfect complement with dessert or a touch of sugar crystals.

About Adagio Teas View company

Got this with the nut and spice sampler from Adagio, which I set aside and promptly forgot all about until I was digging for something sans caffeine last night. I popped the top on this to give it a smell, and the scent was so delicious I left it out on my counter last night to try first thing this morning.

I was a little worried it wouldn’t taste as good as it smells, but I gave it a shot anyway. It’s a tiny, tiny bit harsh, but it’s also sweet and nutty and pretty fantastic. It isn’t as creamy as it smells, but a little bit of milk would fix that, I’m sure. I don’t have any on hand right now to try, unfortunately.

I’ll definitely be adding a bit of this to my next order from Adagio.

This tea sure is hazelnutty! I love hazelnut and this tea has no lack of that flavor here, but it still lets the black tea flavor through. Good for when you want to feel like a coffee drinker…

Madison Bartholemew

haha WOW… now I have to try this. Hazelnut coffee used to be my poison.

There’s something about Adagio teas that I’m not a fan of. I’ve tried their flavored oolongs, whites, and blacks, but there’s always a little something off with the flavor for me. Anyway, this is definitely hazelnut all the way. Very sweet, yet it also feels like something is missing. Maybe it’s the tea flavor that I’m missing? This is a very confusing tasting note, so let me just say that I can see why some people would like this, but it’s not necessarily the tea for me.

Just a really solid, good cup of tea. Present but not overpowering hazelnut flavor and a nice tea base. I like it alone and in every blend I’ve ever had it in.

YUM!! Richy, nutty, smooth, delicious! I love this mixed with chocolate tea or roasted mate. The smell alone is enough to make my mouth water. I’m the anti-hazelnut coffee person and I never thought I’d enjoy a hazelnut tea but it is so good. I love Adagio’s black flavored teas for blending, and I suggest you use this to blend with any tea that you wish had a warmer, cozier taste!

Tasty, though I think I used a bit too much tea, as it is a bit bitter.

I love Hazelnuts. I love Hazelnut Coffee. This is the tea version. Real toasty hazelnut flavor with a complimentary tea base. I’ve only tried it plain, but I should experiment with sugar & some soy milk.
Smells great before brewing, just as nice after
Probably great to blend with vanilla or some berry. I’ll have to do that

I wanted tried this one more time before giving this tea away! And I still don’t like it. It is very astringent and too strong of a hazalnut flavor. Maybe in the morning w/milk and sugar it would have been tolerable?

I recently ordered several Adagio Tea samples. This was the first I tried, and it really hit the spot. I’d come home from a long day at work to find my new teas waiting for me on the porch. After a bit of dithering as I tried to choose which one to try first, I settled on the Hazelnut. Oh the scent!! I thought it couldn’t possibly taste as good as it smelled…and I was wrong. It tastes even better! Although I normally add honey or sugar to my tea (Southerner here; grew up on the House Wine of the South—sweet iced tea), I found the flavor of this tea to be so nice that I didn’t add a thing. I had just enough time to relax with a cup before the power went out thanks to a wreck that wiped out a power pole. I’m glad I didn’t wait to try it. It would have been torture to be stuck in the house with delightful smelling tea and no way to heat water for it! I’m definitely doing this one to my list of favorites. The hazelnut is a powerful topnote, but the rich back tea flavor comes through very clearly.

Flavors: Hazelnut, Tea

1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

I neglected this tea at first because I got it at the same time as Adagio’s Hazelnut Honeybush, which I fell head over heels in love with (which is why it’s now all gone… sad). Anyway, I’m not a huge fan of this tea plain, because I find it needs a longer steep time to really get a strong hazelnut flavour, and by then it’s too bitter for me. But with milk and sugar, it’s hazelnutty desserty perfection. Very very nice. (Also, fantastic when mixed with some black vanilla tea.)