Hazelnut

Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Needed a bit of a kick in the pants this morning. I was "supposed" to be in bed by 9:30. I ended up going to bed at 12:30 after spending three hours working on poetry critiques. The downside to...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “Dead tin. For dessert tonight with plenty of milk in it. A little too much milk, actually, if I'm to be honest, but it's still quite nice. It gives a good clue of what it would have been like...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1268 tasting notes
  • “this sample came to me courtesy of MissB. i found this to be a really striking tea! this was ferarro rocher minus the chocolate. creamy with a freshly ground hazelnut taste. i added a half tsp of...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I could have sworn i'd tried this a long time ago, but apparently not according to steepster. Another sample from Terri which i'm glad to have. I'm not sure how i feel about this tea. ...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4862 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

This new flavor combines the full, bright taste of Ceylon black tea with the toasty, creamy sweetness of hazelnuts. Hazelnut’s natural pairing with chocolate makes this tea a perfect complement with dessert or a touch of sugar crystals.

About Adagio Teas View company

Got this with the nut and spice sampler from Adagio, which I set aside and promptly forgot all about until I was digging for something sans caffeine last night. I popped the top on this to give it a smell, and the scent was so delicious I left it out on my counter last night to try first thing this morning.

I was a little worried it wouldn’t taste as good as it smells, but I gave it a shot anyway. It’s a tiny, tiny bit harsh, but it’s also sweet and nutty and pretty fantastic. It isn’t as creamy as it smells, but a little bit of milk would fix that, I’m sure. I don’t have any on hand right now to try, unfortunately.

I’ll definitely be adding a bit of this to my next order from Adagio.

This tea sure is hazelnutty! I love hazelnut and this tea has no lack of that flavor here, but it still lets the black tea flavor through. Good for when you want to feel like a coffee drinker…

Madison Bartholemew

haha WOW… now I have to try this. Hazelnut coffee used to be my poison.

There’s something about Adagio teas that I’m not a fan of. I’ve tried their flavored oolongs, whites, and blacks, but there’s always a little something off with the flavor for me. Anyway, this is definitely hazelnut all the way. Very sweet, yet it also feels like something is missing. Maybe it’s the tea flavor that I’m missing? This is a very confusing tasting note, so let me just say that I can see why some people would like this, but it’s not necessarily the tea for me.

Just a really solid, good cup of tea. Present but not overpowering hazelnut flavor and a nice tea base. I like it alone and in every blend I’ve ever had it in.

YUM!! Richy, nutty, smooth, delicious! I love this mixed with chocolate tea or roasted mate. The smell alone is enough to make my mouth water. I’m the anti-hazelnut coffee person and I never thought I’d enjoy a hazelnut tea but it is so good. I love Adagio’s black flavored teas for blending, and I suggest you use this to blend with any tea that you wish had a warmer, cozier taste!

Tasty, though I think I used a bit too much tea, as it is a bit bitter.

I love Hazelnuts. I love Hazelnut Coffee. This is the tea version. Real toasty hazelnut flavor with a complimentary tea base. I’ve only tried it plain, but I should experiment with sugar & some soy milk.
Smells great before brewing, just as nice after
Probably great to blend with vanilla or some berry. I’ll have to do that

I wanted tried this one more time before giving this tea away! And I still don’t like it. It is very astringent and too strong of a hazalnut flavor. Maybe in the morning w/milk and sugar it would have been tolerable?

I didn’t like this tea as much as I thought I would. Though I like hazelnuts, I didn’t get that taste in the tea.

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A while back when I started looking for loose leaf tea at places besides Teavana I ordered some Adagio sample packs. At the time I was really interested in trying some flavored whites. I tried the flavored white sample pack and was horrified. Since everything I tried was awful I wrote off Adagio completely. Thinking everything I had from them would be the same quality. I was about ready to give this away, and though well heck I will give it a go. Man I am glad I did. This was a great work tea. The scent and flavor is very strong, but it seems to work. I think this would be a great tea with milk and sugar. This was definitely a sweet hazelnut. I couldn’t identify the base, but it supported the strong flavor. I will be hanging onto this sample and enjoying this as a work tea.

Tea Sipper

Yeah, the white teas are probably their worst. But this one is GOOD.

TeaTiff

Tea Sipper, what are your other favorites from Adagio? I might not have given them much of a chance do to my experience with the white tea.