Hazelnut

Astringent, Creamy, Nuts, Sweet, Hazelnut, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

This new flavor combines the full, bright taste of Ceylon black tea with the toasty, creamy sweetness of hazelnuts. Hazelnut’s natural pairing with chocolate makes this tea a perfect complement with dessert or a touch of sugar crystals.

About Adagio Teas View company

Got this with the nut and spice sampler from Adagio, which I set aside and promptly forgot all about until I was digging for something sans caffeine last night. I popped the top on this to give it a smell, and the scent was so delicious I left it out on my counter last night to try first thing this morning.

I was a little worried it wouldn’t taste as good as it smells, but I gave it a shot anyway. It’s a tiny, tiny bit harsh, but it’s also sweet and nutty and pretty fantastic. It isn’t as creamy as it smells, but a little bit of milk would fix that, I’m sure. I don’t have any on hand right now to try, unfortunately.

I’ll definitely be adding a bit of this to my next order from Adagio.

This tea sure is hazelnutty! I love hazelnut and this tea has no lack of that flavor here, but it still lets the black tea flavor through. Good for when you want to feel like a coffee drinker…

Madison Bartholemew

haha WOW… now I have to try this. Hazelnut coffee used to be my poison.

There’s something about Adagio teas that I’m not a fan of. I’ve tried their flavored oolongs, whites, and blacks, but there’s always a little something off with the flavor for me. Anyway, this is definitely hazelnut all the way. Very sweet, yet it also feels like something is missing. Maybe it’s the tea flavor that I’m missing? This is a very confusing tasting note, so let me just say that I can see why some people would like this, but it’s not necessarily the tea for me.

Just a really solid, good cup of tea. Present but not overpowering hazelnut flavor and a nice tea base. I like it alone and in every blend I’ve ever had it in.

YUM!! Richy, nutty, smooth, delicious! I love this mixed with chocolate tea or roasted mate. The smell alone is enough to make my mouth water. I’m the anti-hazelnut coffee person and I never thought I’d enjoy a hazelnut tea but it is so good. I love Adagio’s black flavored teas for blending, and I suggest you use this to blend with any tea that you wish had a warmer, cozier taste!

Tasty, though I think I used a bit too much tea, as it is a bit bitter.

I love Hazelnuts. I love Hazelnut Coffee. This is the tea version. Real toasty hazelnut flavor with a complimentary tea base. I’ve only tried it plain, but I should experiment with sugar & some soy milk.
Smells great before brewing, just as nice after
Probably great to blend with vanilla or some berry. I’ll have to do that

I wanted tried this one more time before giving this tea away! And I still don’t like it. It is very astringent and too strong of a hazalnut flavor. Maybe in the morning w/milk and sugar it would have been tolerable?

Not bad, but not great, won’t re-order. I think I have maybe one more cup in the sample pouch. OK work tea.

Steepster’s really being a butt tonight, isn’t it? Doesn’t want to load pages for me half of the time. Anyway… This is one of the samples I picked up with my Adagio order because I had tried a fandom blend with hazelnut in it and found that part of it tasty. The leaves themselves (according to the description, it’s a Ceylon base) are widely varied in size and a dark chocolate brown in color. I don’t see any of the nut pieces shown in the picture in my sample. Scent is very creamy, rich, and nutty though.

Meh, this is pretty good. Obviously the base tea is fairly crappy, which I expected. It just tastes like a generic bagged black tea and there’s a touch of astringency even at 3 minutes. The hazelnut flavoring is nice though, it manages to be creamy and rich even though there’s no cream in the cup. I’m not sure whether I would describe it as hazelnut exactly, it’s closer to perhaps macadamia? Some kind of very buttery and rich nut. Overall, tasty and would be much improved by sugar and milk, I’m sure.

Flavors: Astringent, Creamy, Nuts, Sweet

Lupiressmoon

Yeah I havent been a fan of Adagio teas lately

Dustin

I was having Steepster page not loading issues earlier too. I finally got on by going through my history and finding a page for a tea I had visited and it would let me on that way, but not through the main site URL. I was able to navigate through the site once in, but it was getting in that was an issue. Fickle little beastie.