Hazelnut

Nuts
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Needed a bit of a kick in the pants this morning. I was "supposed" to be in bed by 9:30. I ended up going to bed at 12:30 after spending three hours working on poetry critiques. The downside to...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “Dead tin. For dessert tonight with plenty of milk in it. A little too much milk, actually, if I'm to be honest, but it's still quite nice. It gives a good clue of what it would have been like...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1290 tasting notes
  • “this sample came to me courtesy of MissB. i found this to be a really striking tea! this was ferarro rocher minus the chocolate. creamy with a freshly ground hazelnut taste. i added a half tsp of...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 379 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I could have sworn i'd tried this a long time ago, but apparently not according to steepster. Another sample from Terri which i'm glad to have. I'm not sure how i feel about this tea. ...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5079 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

This new flavor combines the full, bright taste of Ceylon black tea with the toasty, creamy sweetness of hazelnuts. Hazelnut’s natural pairing with chocolate makes this tea a perfect complement with dessert or a touch of sugar crystals.

About Adagio Teas View company

I didn’t like this tea as much as I thought I would. Though I like hazelnuts, I didn’t get that taste in the tea.

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A while back when I started looking for loose leaf tea at places besides Teavana I ordered some Adagio sample packs. At the time I was really interested in trying some flavored whites. I tried the flavored white sample pack and was horrified. Since everything I tried was awful I wrote off Adagio completely. Thinking everything I had from them would be the same quality. I was about ready to give this away, and though well heck I will give it a go. Man I am glad I did. This was a great work tea. The scent and flavor is very strong, but it seems to work. I think this would be a great tea with milk and sugar. This was definitely a sweet hazelnut. I couldn’t identify the base, but it supported the strong flavor. I will be hanging onto this sample and enjoying this as a work tea.

Tea Sipper

Yeah, the white teas are probably their worst. But this one is GOOD.

TeaTiff

Tea Sipper, what are your other favorites from Adagio? I might not have given them much of a chance do to my experience with the white tea.

I’m drank this today, as a personal blend. I mixed 1 tsp of this with 1 tsp of Cream tea from Adagio. It was creamy and nutty at the same time. I expect this would be good mixed 1/3 hazelnut, 1/3 cream, 1/3 chocolate chip, but I haven’t tried that yet.
By itself, I did not care for this tea, even with added milk and sugar.

This sample came from MissB. Another black tea that has surprised me. I tried to be so careful not to go over the steep time. I was actually planning on keeping a bit under the steep time as I don’t like my black tea strong but things happen and it went over by a couple of minutes. JustJames described it right. This is similar to ferarro rocher minus the chocolate! I don’t drink milk or cream but I bet for those who do this would be amazing with some milk added. Still a really good tea without anything added. Just love the hazelnut flavour. I’m glad there’s a bit more in the sample so I can enjoy this again.

Flavors: Nuts

Hazelnut is one of my favorite flavors and reminds me of Belgium so this tea felt like home. Christened my Limoges black and gold cup with it on a cold February day. With a little half-and-half and Teavana rock sugar, yum.

This is very tasty, and has a very bold nutty flavor. It is one of the few non-chai teas that I prefer with milk, to give the nuttiness a bit of creaminess as well. It isn’t one of my favorites, but I will enjoy what I have of it.

I don’t think these Adagio teas are for me! I found this pretty weak, without any depth. I tried adding milk, but that just made it cloy. It was all smell, little taste.

I may try this, mixed with some Darjeeling, see how that works out for me!

I really approve of this hazelnut. I’ve tried ones that tasted like cheap McDonalds coffee, where I couldn’t get the flavor off my lips afterwards, but this is more subtle and well mixed (although the smell is nice and strong).

Brewed strong along with decaf vanilla, chilled, drank over ice, sweet with milk. I liked this better than drinking it hot, but still not terribly fond of it.

There is an overwhelming licorice taste and smell with this tea. No hazelnut (or any other nut) flavor, just strong, bitter licorice. Quite disappointed, as I usually like their teas. I’ll try mixing it with another tea so it doesn’t go to waste, but as it is, it’s almost undrinkable to me.