Hazelnut

Astringent, Creamy, Nuts, Sweet, Hazelnut, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Adagio Teas

This new flavor combines the full, bright taste of Ceylon black tea with the toasty, creamy sweetness of hazelnuts. Hazelnut’s natural pairing with chocolate makes this tea a perfect complement with dessert or a touch of sugar crystals.

About Adagio Teas View company

I recently ordered several Adagio Tea samples. This was the first I tried, and it really hit the spot. I’d come home from a long day at work to find my new teas waiting for me on the porch. After a bit of dithering as I tried to choose which one to try first, I settled on the Hazelnut. Oh the scent!! I thought it couldn’t possibly taste as good as it smelled…and I was wrong. It tastes even better! Although I normally add honey or sugar to my tea (Southerner here; grew up on the House Wine of the South—sweet iced tea), I found the flavor of this tea to be so nice that I didn’t add a thing. I had just enough time to relax with a cup before the power went out thanks to a wreck that wiped out a power pole. I’m glad I didn’t wait to try it. It would have been torture to be stuck in the house with delightful smelling tea and no way to heat water for it! I’m definitely doing this one to my list of favorites. The hazelnut is a powerful topnote, but the rich back tea flavor comes through very clearly.

Flavors: Hazelnut, Tea

1 tsp 6 OZ / 177 ML

I neglected this tea at first because I got it at the same time as Adagio’s Hazelnut Honeybush, which I fell head over heels in love with (which is why it’s now all gone… sad). Anyway, I’m not a huge fan of this tea plain, because I find it needs a longer steep time to really get a strong hazelnut flavour, and by then it’s too bitter for me. But with milk and sugar, it’s hazelnutty desserty perfection. Very very nice. (Also, fantastic when mixed with some black vanilla tea.)

Had an emergency appendectomy this past Wednesday. It went well, but I’m still in pain out sick from work until Monday.

I steeped this one perfectly. It’s the first tea I’ve had since the operation (I’ve stuck to uncomplicated coffee and water and Tylenol, but today, I felt good enough to prepare a cup of loose tea) and I steeped it perfectly. This is a good blend. Hazelnut is so soothing.

TeaBrat

oh my… I’m glad you’re okay!

caile

Glad you’re ok!

teaqueen

Thanks guys :) It wasn’t fun, but it’s over now at least!

yyz

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

dragondrool

Hope you’re much better soon!

I didn’t like this tea as much as I thought I would. Though I like hazelnuts, I didn’t get that taste in the tea.

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

A while back when I started looking for loose leaf tea at places besides Teavana I ordered some Adagio sample packs. At the time I was really interested in trying some flavored whites. I tried the flavored white sample pack and was horrified. Since everything I tried was awful I wrote off Adagio completely. Thinking everything I had from them would be the same quality. I was about ready to give this away, and though well heck I will give it a go. Man I am glad I did. This was a great work tea. The scent and flavor is very strong, but it seems to work. I think this would be a great tea with milk and sugar. This was definitely a sweet hazelnut. I couldn’t identify the base, but it supported the strong flavor. I will be hanging onto this sample and enjoying this as a work tea.

tea-sipper

Yeah, the white teas are probably their worst. But this one is GOOD.

TeaTiff

Tea Sipper, what are your other favorites from Adagio? I might not have given them much of a chance do to my experience with the white tea.

I’m drank this today, as a personal blend. I mixed 1 tsp of this with 1 tsp of Cream tea from Adagio. It was creamy and nutty at the same time. I expect this would be good mixed 1/3 hazelnut, 1/3 cream, 1/3 chocolate chip, but I haven’t tried that yet.
By itself, I did not care for this tea, even with added milk and sugar.

This sample came from MissB. Another black tea that has surprised me. I tried to be so careful not to go over the steep time. I was actually planning on keeping a bit under the steep time as I don’t like my black tea strong but things happen and it went over by a couple of minutes. JustJames described it right. This is similar to ferarro rocher minus the chocolate! I don’t drink milk or cream but I bet for those who do this would be amazing with some milk added. Still a really good tea without anything added. Just love the hazelnut flavour. I’m glad there’s a bit more in the sample so I can enjoy this again.

Flavors: Nuts

Hazelnut is one of my favorite flavors and reminds me of Belgium so this tea felt like home. Christened my Limoges black and gold cup with it on a cold February day. With a little half-and-half and Teavana rock sugar, yum.

This is very tasty, and has a very bold nutty flavor. It is one of the few non-chai teas that I prefer with milk, to give the nuttiness a bit of creaminess as well. It isn’t one of my favorites, but I will enjoy what I have of it.

I don’t think these Adagio teas are for me! I found this pretty weak, without any depth. I tried adding milk, but that just made it cloy. It was all smell, little taste.

I may try this, mixed with some Darjeeling, see how that works out for me!