Astringent, Creamy, Nuts, Sweet, Hazelnut, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

• “Needed a bit of a kick in the pants this morning. I was “supposed” to be in bed by 9:30. I ended up going to bed at 12:30 after spending three hours working on poetry critiques. The...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes
  • “Dead tin. For dessert tonight with plenty of milk in it. A little too much milk, actually, if I’m to be honest, but it’s still quite nice. It gives a good clue of what it would have...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1323 tasting notes
  • “this sample came to me courtesy of MissB. i found this to be a really striking tea! this was ferarro rocher minus the chocolate. creamy with a freshly ground hazelnut taste. i added a half tsp of...” Read full tasting note
    JustJames 382 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! I could have sworn i’d tried this a long time ago, but apparently not according to steepster. Another sample from Terri which i’m glad to have. I’m not sure how i feel...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 6583 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

This new flavor combines the full, bright taste of Ceylon black tea with the toasty, creamy sweetness of hazelnuts. Hazelnut’s natural pairing with chocolate makes this tea a perfect complement with dessert or a touch of sugar crystals.

About Adagio Teas View company

I really approve of this hazelnut. I’ve tried ones that tasted like cheap McDonalds coffee, where I couldn’t get the flavor off my lips afterwards, but this is more subtle and well mixed (although the smell is nice and strong).

Brewed strong along with decaf vanilla, chilled, drank over ice, sweet with milk. I liked this better than drinking it hot, but still not terribly fond of it.

There is an overwhelming licorice taste and smell with this tea. No hazelnut (or any other nut) flavor, just strong, bitter licorice. Quite disappointed, as I usually like their teas. I’ll try mixing it with another tea so it doesn’t go to waste, but as it is, it’s almost undrinkable to me.

This tea is very tasty, especially blended with Adagio’s cream flavored tea or served with milk. The hazelnut flavor is very strong, a nice contrast to the usual weak hazelnut flavor in other teas. It is, of course, divine combined with a chocolate tea, but be sure to use more chocolate than hazelnut tea as the hazelnut will overwhelm otherwise.

I prefer the first steep served with milk and sugar, but the second is great on its own.

I like this tea in no small part because it reminds me of the flavored coffee that always smells so delicious, but tastes so bad. A darker black tea, it tastes very warm and nutty. It has an amazingly smooth finish for a black tea, and has just a hint of sweetness that leaves you crazing more.

This has black tea and hazelnuts. You see and smell the black tea and hazelnuts. I steeped it up. This tastes like a strong black tea and hazelnut. Pretty good.

This tastes great with milk and sugar. It is warm and nutty.