Tangerine Tuxedo

Bulk
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Michael

From Adagio Teas

Tangerine Tuxedo is a popular style of tea in China. This unique treat is made by hollowing out a tangerine, filling it with black tea and then letting it dry as one. The fruit infuses the leaves with its citrus notes, smoothing out the earthy tea when brewed. Its traditional use is for soothing the stomach and is commonly drunk in the winter months or after meals.

This tea contains a high level of caffeine | Steep at 212° for 5 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

Gongfu!

This morning a coworker reached out to me to ask my thoughts on tea stuffed citrus (I love them) like tangerine/mandarin, and that was my inspiration for digging through my tea stash to find this to drink over my lunch break today!

I find this tea so enjoyable with it’s bright, sweet and fresh citrus/tangerine notes and the almost honeyed malt and fruit notes from the black tea based. With these stuffed citrus fruits, there’s a spectrum that exists between really sweet and lively citrus/chenpi and the much more medicinal aged chenpi that lingers on the palate and coats the throat. Both are really good, but such drastically different experiences – you can tell that the citrus used here really isn’t that old/hasn’t aged.

Five solid steeps, one less solid one at the end – long steep times are key IMO because you get such a rich orange flavour, but the black tea also isn’t lost. It’s pretty forgiving to harsher brewing conditions. As with all of these types of stuffed citrus fruits, I broke the peel up and used it with my brewing – around a 1/2 orange for my little glass pot.

Photos: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHyIvZ4gb_U/