Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Kiaharii

From Adagio Teas

An ancient Hindu legend recounts the story of the mango tree growing from the ashes of the sun princess who had been incinerated by an evil sorceress. When the mango ripened and fell to the ground, the beautiful sun princess emerged. The bestselling Mango Tea combines the taste of Ceylon tea with the flavor of perfectly ripened mangoes. Sun princess sold separately.

Brew at 212 °F for 5 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

I like my flavored blacks from Adagio with a touch of sugar and a touch of milk, and this steeping has the same. I’m not getting much mango flavor (perhaps I’ve overwhelmed it), and with this use, the Ceylon is a perfectly fine black tea, but “nothing special”. I’d rather have Irish Breakfast or Golden Monkey.

I really enjoy this tea. With its solid mango flavor, it may be the best “fruity” black that I’ve had. Might try a second steep just to see what happens…

Sarah – surprisingly good. Best with sugar. Rating: 80

I like mango tea alot! I love to eat them and the tea, when done right, is just a mango in a cup. yum!

I got this tea with my shipment of 16 other teas from Adagio. A really nice Mango blend – although personally, I prefer their Green Mango tea.

Pretty nice but not as potent as I’d have liked. I think this would do well as an iced tea

I received this tea in the sampler package and I have to say it is quite pleasant. I brewed it at 212 degrees for 3 min and poured it over ice. It made a great iced tea. I could taste the mango and it wasn’t artificial to me and the mango did not overpower the tea. Don’t know if I’ll ever drink this hot but love it iced.

Out of all of Adagio’s “flavored series” tea’s Mango is so far my favorite… Unfortunately I just don’t think I will ever get used to Ceylon’s bold flavor. Adagio could introduce a bit of variety.

Got the flavored tea sampler from Adagio and use these as little “enhancers” in many of my green teas. I put a 1/2 teaspoon of this in with my Body + Mind by Teavana (2tsp to 16 oz) and it REALLY added a sweet zest to an otherwise light tasting tea, but, didn’t overpower it

I received this tea expecting great things. I opened the tin and was immediately drawn in by the amazing smell…

I steeped at boiling point for 5 minutes the first time around and I got a VERY bitter taste from it, which I thought was very odd and off-putting.

The second time around I steeped at boiling point for 3 minutes and the results were much better but still a little off for my liking…

To close, I like the tea but was expecting more from it.