Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Kiaharii

From Adagio Teas

An ancient Hindu legend recounts the story of the mango tree growing from the ashes of the sun princess who had been incinerated by an evil sorceress. When the mango ripened and fell to the ground, the beautiful sun princess emerged. The bestselling Mango Tea combines the taste of Ceylon tea with the flavor of perfectly ripened mangoes. Sun princess sold separately.

Brew at 212 °F for 5 minutes.

About Adagio Teas View company

I like my flavored blacks from Adagio with a touch of sugar and a touch of milk, and this steeping has the same. I’m not getting much mango flavor (perhaps I’ve overwhelmed it), and with this use, the Ceylon is a perfectly fine black tea, but “nothing special”. I’d rather have Irish Breakfast or Golden Monkey.

I really enjoy this tea. With its solid mango flavor, it may be the best “fruity” black that I’ve had. Might try a second steep just to see what happens…

As usual, cold steeped is the way to go with this one. Super not a fan of the Adagio black base hot unless I am drinking it hot. To me, it gets weird as it cools down. This is tasty – definitely tastes like mango, but I adore mango and this lacks a bit of the tropical awesomeness.

Iced 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Want to hear my scariest horror story yet? My mother likes making iced tea. But not real, authentic tea that tea snobs like myself approve of. No, this was the Lipton bagged dust kind. Upon making her tea, she puts the water in the microwave to heat it, then places the tea bag in the water to steep. . . and leaves it steeping for up to a full week. faints All the while adding more water to her mug to get more tea out of it.

I vowed to never again let this happen, so I bought this tea to show her what real iced tea should be like. While I myself didn’t care for it, (I expected it to be fruiter, but then again, to me the fruiter the better), my mom absolutely ADORED it. Said it was the single best iced tea she ever had.

So am I a big fan of the tea? Not really. If this review were solely based on my experience my rating would likely be lower. I found it a bit bitter and expected to taste some more mango in it. I hardly tasted any at all.
But my mom? She loved it. And isn’t that really what’s important? For the purposes of this review it is, at least. :)

Sarah – surprisingly good. Best with sugar. Rating: 80

I like mango tea alot! I love to eat them and the tea, when done right, is just a mango in a cup. yum!

I got this tea with my shipment of 16 other teas from Adagio. A really nice Mango blend – although personally, I prefer their Green Mango tea.

Pretty nice but not as potent as I’d have liked. I think this would do well as an iced tea

I received this tea in the sampler package and I have to say it is quite pleasant. I brewed it at 212 degrees for 3 min and poured it over ice. It made a great iced tea. I could taste the mango and it wasn’t artificial to me and the mango did not overpower the tea. Don’t know if I’ll ever drink this hot but love it iced.

Out of all of Adagio’s “flavored series” tea’s Mango is so far my favorite… Unfortunately I just don’t think I will ever get used to Ceylon’s bold flavor. Adagio could introduce a bit of variety.