Masala Chai

Cinnamon, Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Adagio Teas

To most Westerners, it is a little known fact that the word ‘Chai’ simply means ‘tea’ in Hindi. Therefore, all teas are technically chais. However, instead of the ‘chai’ that most Americans are used to (which usually contains really bad tea), we offer a Masala Chai tea – premium Ceylon black tea with a unique blend of spices; cinnamon, cardamon, and ginger.

About Adagio Teas View company

If you want a classic chai, this is it. It smells amazing out of the bag and the spices are warm and comforting but not overwhelming.

My favorite tea in the world :-)
Me and my son call it “yummitea” because that is what it is – yummi!

Gonna buy a big bag next time

A warm, yummy, spicy chai that I always drink with milk and a bit of sweetener. Perfect for winter!

This one is more hit or miss than a lot of them. It’s good, but it’s fussy. Some days the cup is perfect, some days it just doesn’t quite live up to its smell.

I am forever on the hunt for a perfectly balanced chai, though to me this was not as smooth as Ineeka’s Ma-Chai? It was still both good and not so spicy I couldn’t taste anything correctly, very balanced.

The actual tea is not quite as strong as I’d hoped, but the balance of spices is great.

I really well rounded Chai, where you can taste all the different spices but none of them are too overpowering. I’ve tried a lot of Chais before and this is probably one of my favorites.

This blend of masala chai is pretty aggressively spiced, which I like. Some of my housemates say that the peppercorns are too aggressive in the tea. I’d say that this tea is pretty spicy, but the tea leaves have a sometimes unfortunate tendency to bitterness, even though I steeped it less than the recommended five minutes.

I might have to try again with a gentler brewing. Then again, I drank it straight without milk or sugar, so that might be a factor.

Not as spicy as I’d like, but still tasty.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more