Masala Chai

Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Spices, Cloves
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Adagio Teas

To most Westerners, it is a little known fact that the word ‘Chai’ simply means ‘tea’ in Hindi. Therefore, all teas are technically chais. However, instead of the ‘chai’ that most Americans are used to (which usually contains really bad tea), we offer a Masala Chai tea – premium Ceylon black tea with a unique blend of spices; cinnamon, cardamon, and ginger.

About Adagio Teas View company

Special Tasting Note

I love this Tea, for the record. Masala Chai is delicious and Adagio’s blend is my favorite so far. I usually drink it as a latte. Tonight’s tasing note is very special tho.

Tonight, I’m having Masala Chai as … ice cream. :)
The recipe will hopefully be posted soon on Arbor Teas.
I made it up! :) It’s homemade icecream made with Masala Chai and vanilla.

It’s DELICIOUS and I am enjoying it so much. How will a cup of tea do after this?
I have to try to make some more flavors. Morrocan Mint Icecream… you are next.

So that said, Yes, I love Masala chai and I totally recommend it. I generally boil the water and steep about 6 minutes because more makes it too strong for me with my problem with Cinnamon. But I have no complaints on the mix.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Spices

Boiling 5 min, 45 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Wow… I’m not too sure what to think of this one… It’s not bad, but I feel like there’s just something… different about it. It’s got quite the kick to it but in an almost weird way. I don’t know if I like it or not. I almost feel like I need to cut it with something.

A tiny splash of cream and sugar were added to this one and I’m still not sure if I love it or not. Comparing it to Bollywood Chai from Davidstea, this one isn’t quite as sweet and smooth, probably because Bollywood has the candies in it.

Between this and Saigon Chai, I feel like they are VERY similar, but I like the taste of the cinnamon in that one better.
Maybe that’s what’s going on with this one. Maybe it’s the cinnamon! It’s not quite what I was expecting and I think I figured it would have been different somehow…

ANyways, not bad, but I think if I had to chose between this one and Saigon, I’d prefer Saigon Chai.

I was so happy that Phil the groundhog saw his shadow because
1) I won a Chai Sampler from Adagio for guessing correctly
2) I get “6 more weeks” of hot tea drinking weather, with this being my first hot tea drinking season I don’t want it to end.

Before this obsession happened I only drank hot tea when I was sick and even then I would rather not. I mostly drank iced coffee and maybe hot 2 weeks out of the year. So I’m not sure where tea will fall in my life during the hot summer days in Texas.

I made this on the stove top for the husband and me this morning with brown sugar and milk. It was a nice cozy drink with a good amount of warming spice and it was free! The chai loving husband liked it so I may consider getting more but he seems to be just as happy with Stash’s Double Spice Chai teabag. I will have to try making it iced, my husbands favorite way to drink it.

carol who

I know it sounds weird but people all over the world drink hot tea all year around. I, myself, drink hot tea in the summer as well as iced tea.

NayLynn

I’m hoping I will at least enjoy a hot cup or 2 in the morning and at night even if I feel like I’m in a mini sauna with the humidity and the steam from the cup. I may have to crank the AC up a few times.

If you want a classic chai, this is it. It smells amazing out of the bag and the spices are warm and comforting but not overwhelming.

My favorite tea in the world :-)
Me and my son call it “yummitea” because that is what it is – yummi!

Gonna buy a big bag next time

A warm, yummy, spicy chai that I always drink with milk and a bit of sweetener. Perfect for winter!

This one is more hit or miss than a lot of them. It’s good, but it’s fussy. Some days the cup is perfect, some days it just doesn’t quite live up to its smell.

I am forever on the hunt for a perfectly balanced chai, though to me this was not as smooth as Ineeka’s Ma-Chai? It was still both good and not so spicy I couldn’t taste anything correctly, very balanced.

The actual tea is not quite as strong as I’d hoped, but the balance of spices is great.