Capricorn (The Zodiac Series)

Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian
Boiling 4 min, 45 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “So I was looking for a black tea have following my cup of 52Teas' Coconut Cream Pie tea and my gaze happened to fall on this tea. The two are quite similar, at least the descriptions would...” Read full tasting note
    JillDragon 1585 tasting notes
  • “I believe this blend was sent to me by JoeCool ages ago. Sorry about the delay in trying it, I had put it in a tin, and it managed to get tucked away deep within my stash... and as I have...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4366 tasting notes
  • “Not so sure about this one. Its smooth and doesn't have a bitter taste but I'm not really tasting the coconut. . . I'll give it another try since I just bought a bag. . . Its good. . .just not...” Read full tasting note
    joecool1979 140 tasting notes
  • “I enjoy this blend. The dry tea leaves have an amazing sweet vanilla smell. I don't really smell or taste the coconut much though. I really wish the coconut was more pronounced because I adore...” Read full tasting note
    PurpleMushie 4 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Capricorn people like gifts, not gaudy and expensive ones, but practical and useful. Why not buy a delicious blend of Irish Breakfast, coconut and vanilla.

About Adagio Teas View company

So I was looking for a black tea have following my cup of 52Teas’ Coconut Cream Pie tea and my gaze happened to fall on this tea. The two are quite similar, at least the descriptions would suggest they are, so I thought it might be neat to compare them both. This is just a quick and dirty evaluation, I don’t think I have the patience to do one of the long, detailed reviews Takgoti does. ;)

What I notice about the dry tea is, while 52Teas’ tea has lots of big coconut shavings, this tea only a has a few measly little shreds scattered through it. It doesn’t smell quite as strongly of coconut either.

The trend continues with the flavours; not as much coconut, but a bit more creaminess and also a touch sweeter, I think. One point in Capricorn’s favor is that it seems to take to milk better than the Coconut Cream Pie tea. The ‘bases’ of the tea taste different too, which I suppose only makes sense as Capricorn has an Irish Breakfast (Assam) base and 52Teas uses a Nilgiri base for their teas.

Which of these two teas do I like better? They’re both very much drinkable and pleasent, but I’m leaving toward prefering Coconut Cream Pie over this one because of its stronger, richer coconut flavour.

Ricky

I’m so tempted to purchase Coconut Cream right now. If they only had Chocomate in stock I’d make my purchase immediately.

Cofftea

They still have mandarin matcha though Ricky=D

Jillian

Ricky, I stole the last bag they had in stock. ;P

Ricky

I see the matcha! That’s tempting as well.

Jillian, evil evil evil! Haha, it’s okay. That means I get to save my money =P

Cofftea

Get it Ricky. It’s so good cold!

I believe this blend was sent to me by JoeCool ages ago. Sorry about the delay in trying it, I had put it in a tin, and it managed to get tucked away deep within my stash… and as I have mentioned before, I am trying to get my stash under some semblance of control… so I just came across this blend the other day…

It is a very flavorful blend. The Irish Breakfast is bold and bracing, and the coconut and vanilla give it a nice, creamy touch.

I like it.

Not so sure about this one. Its smooth and doesn’t have a bitter taste but I’m not really tasting the coconut. . . I’ll give it another try since I just bought a bag. . . Its good. . .just not blowing me away or anything.

I enjoy this blend. The dry tea leaves have an amazing sweet vanilla smell. I don’t really smell or taste the coconut much though. I really wish the coconut was more pronounced because I adore coconut but this tea is still pretty good. I would agree with some of the other reviewers, it seems to be Irish Breakfast with just a hint of flavor (but I’m a tea newbie so my palate is still new and relatively undeveloped).
I like to let this tea cool a bit because it seems to develop a sweeter, creamier, vanilla flavor after some time has lapsed. And it’s especially tasty with a little bit of cream/milk and some sugar.

I discovered this tea on the Adagio Tea site and purchased it as I am a Capricorn. The tin it comes in is quite lovely. The appearance of the tea in the tin is earthy as it should be for a Capricorn. The first thing I smelled was the vanilla. One tablespoon, I believe, was enough tea for two and one half infusions. Don’t use more than 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar, unless you like a very sweet cup of tea.

Flavors: Vanilla

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 4 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Mixed feelings about this tea. I love the sweet aroma of vanilla and coconut that this tea produces. I do wish a little more of this was present in the actual flavor. I found this tea on first sip to be a simple, bitter black tea. It’s only the aftertaste that really reveals the vanilla and coconut. Drinking this tea plain wasn’t particularly enjoyable. With some cream and sugar added, the flavor was much improved. This is definitely a milk and sugar tea. Might also be good iced, though I haven’t tried it.

I’ve tried a different kind of black tea/vanilla before and found it too overbearing, so I was worried about about not liking this blend. But the Capricorn has just the right amount of vanilla and coconut. Not too creamy and overbearing, just a hint of flavour to compliment the Irish Breakfast.

WOW! Loved this! The coconut is the best part! I am totally going to purchase this in the future!

Rich, toasty coconut flavor. A sweet treat with a little sugar.

I was a little unsure about this one – the smell struck me as odd though I couldn’t peg why. But the taste was wonderful – velvety is the best way I can describe it. Brought to mind dark chocolate – more so in richness and texture than actual taste. I thought it was pretty good when I started drinking it, but the more I had the more it grew on me so, by the end of my travel mug, I was quite the fan.