Chocolate Truffle

Bitter, Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Wood
Bulk, Loose Leaf, Sachet
High
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

From Adagio Teas

Like taking a bite out of a velvety smooth chocolate confection, our Chocolate Truffle tea is truly a chocolate lover’s dream. Our rich black tea is blended with cocoa nibs, chicory, chocolate chips, and even a dash of cocoa powder to create our most lusciously decadent indulgence yet.

Blended With Black Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Natural Chocolate Flavor, Chicory, Dark Chocolate Chips, Cocoa & Blue Cornflowers

About Adagio Teas View company

I normally enjoy chocolate teas, but this one tasted pretty bland to me. It had a pretty rich, heavy taste, and I got slight notes of bitter chocolate, but other than that the flavor was pretty flat and boring.

Adagio Advent Calendar – Day 16

Hmm, chocolate teas never seem to do well with me, so I wasn’t terribly excited to see this one. But it has chocolate chips and cacao nibs, which should help bolster the chocolate flavoring, plus there’s chicory which is interesting.

It smells nice, but the taste is somewhat bland for me. I can taste the base, and it’s fairly woody with some earthy character. I do get a very dark, bittersweet chocolate note. There’s a slight bitterness from the base as well, which is making the chocolate seem less sweet.

It’s fine, but nothing to write home about. At least it’s not over-the-top artificial tasting?

(today’s advent teas: https://www.instagram.com/p/CI3UsUyAU_Z/)

Flavors: Bitter, Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Earth, Wood