Chestnut, Roasted, Brown Sugar, Butter, Nuts, Smooth, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by sugarbloodsucker

From Adagio Teas

Premium black tea from Sri Lanka flavored with roasted chestnuts. Perfect for enjoying in front of an open fire. With Jack Frost nipping at your nose, this is the ideal time to enjoy this Holiday favorite. Help to make the season bright, give this limited-time tea a try.

About Adagio Teas View company

Adagio Teas has become one of the most popular destinations for tea online. Its products are available online at and in many gourmet and health food stores.

The smell of this tea in the bag is amazing! I first tried a sample from adagio in a tea bag that was included in my order. The ingredients were black tea, sunflower petals, and chestnut flavoring. This tea was heavenly, I could drink it black. I then ordered a 3 oz bag and the ingredients were black tea, chestnut flavor. It is not as good as the tea bag. I am trying to adjust the amount I add to the water to get the perfect cup of tea like my sample was. I dont belive the sunflower petals could have much to do with the difference in taste.

I had a (the, I suppose) guy over last night, and I decided we needed tea in the morning, which was really more of the afternoon. Anyway, I bought 6 ounces of this, and I think I’m going to return one of the 3 ounce pouches. But now I’m not sure, because I liked this tea more than I expected, and it would cost me a lot in shipping to replace the tea. Anyway, this tea smells incredible. I don’t know what chestnuts the people over at Adagio are tasting, but they must be pretty exceptional. The smell is sweet and nutty, and it’s so spectacular. I’ve never really smelled anything like this tea. The taste was not as good as the smell, as the black tea base was very bitter. I brewed it almost as described; I used 208 degree water instead of 212 degree water. I added some rock sugar that Adagio sent me free, because Adagio is awesome, but while that probably helped the taste, it did not remove the bitterness. I think Adagio’s tea base is just kind of bitter and astringent for their flavored teas.

With all of that said, I like this tea. I’m not sure I’m going to send it back. The flavor is delicious and comforting and unique. Since I think this will retire when the season is over, having extra of it might be nice. I haven’t decided yet.

Anyway, I like this tea a lot, although I don’t come close to loving it. It’s a really solid offering from Adagio.

Adagio’s base is pretty tricky. I’ve had better luck brewing it at 190.

I first tried a cup of this at my brother’s house while I was puppy sitting. That was on Friday. On Tuesday, I went to Adagio and got a bag of my own. So yes, I like this tea. A lot!

The scent is lovely, both dry and steeped. I know the chestnut flavor is probably artificial instead of natural, but as long as it doesn’t smack me over the head with artificiality I’m just fine with that. The flavor is good, a rich strong black tea tempered with an earthy nuttiness and something that reminds me a little bit of raw cocoa. It’s incredibly full-bodied, which I love. Even the color is a beautiful chestnut brown.

This is probably my new favorite Adagio blend. I will be keeping it as a standby in my cupboard. And apparently I’m not the only one who thinks so, because it’s the only “seasonal” tea that Adagio is keeping in stock in March.

Okay, so Adagio had offered this holiday sampler pack of tea bags & Chestnut was one of the flavors in the pack. I love it!

First off, I love the smell as it’s brewing. And the taste lives up to the smell.

It’s simple & delightful & warm & it screams a taste of the fall season for me.

I’m just sorry I didn’t buy more before it went away….oh well…hopefully it will be back this year. I’ll be sure to stock up.

Surprisingly excellent tea, with nutty (and almost chocolate) overtones, lovely rounded flavor that’s slightly sweet and therefore doesn’t require much (if any) additional sugar. Holds up beautifully with milk, which brings out more subtle chestnut notes. I steeped mine for five minutes (two minutes longer than Adagio’s suggestion).

An excellent holiday tea, and a new favorite.

My humans had lots of fun trying this tea. Get the details:

First, I have to admit that my sample of this has been sitting in its little tin for almost three years now. (Yikes!) I hate to waste, so I thought I’d give this another try. I remember my first run with this being a bit unpleasant. I think I decided at that time that I just didn’t like chestnuts (I’ve never actually eaten one before so I can’t judge this tea based on the actual taste of a chestnut).

For being so old, I think this tea has held up pretty well. The flavors are a little light – possibly due to a short steeping time or the age of the tea – but I actually kinda like the tea this time. It’s nutty (duh) and I can still taste the tea. It blends together very nicely and is nice and mellow.

It’s a pretty tasting tea that holds up well to complements such as a bit of cinnamon, vanilla, or cocoa if you have it. It’s not all that potent on its own. My favorite way to have it is with a cinnamon skim milk froth and a bit of brown sugar. Great tea, though definitely be careful about adding to sugar if you decide to, and it seems to be susceptible to tasting burnt if left to brew close to the 5 minute mark.

Flavors: Chestnut, Roasted

After another lackluster cup of Grape Expectations, I decided to give up on it and toss the remaining 2-3 PS that I had left. I then decided to finally try this tea as I have put it off for a while now.

I bought a few years back a hazelnut tea from The Tea Haus in London. The only way that I actually enjoyed it was if I mixed it with the Chocolate Cream tea that I got from them too. So because of that, I wasn’t expecting too much.

This tea, however, is nothing like that tea in which I’m comparing it to. This tea is very nice. I love the chestnut flavour and how it’s almost… creamy? Maybe that’s because I added milk, but either way, I’m very much enjoying it and I know I will enjoy what I have left of this one, which isn’t too much.

Would I get this one again? Maybe. But it’s not one I would keep in stock in my house.