Passionfruit

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “The next paragraph has nothing whatsoever to do with tea. If you’re just looking for a tea review check out the last paragraph! Before I get into my thoughts on this tea I have to tell you that...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 897 tasting notes
  • “Last of my sample! Another one off the to-be-finished pile. I'm beginning to believe there's hope for me there. I put all my Adagio samples on that pile. I don't know. Some of them were really...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1314 tasting notes
  • “Another from the Flavors sampler set. Passion fruit is one of those tropical fruits that I know I've had but I can't conjure the taste of as I sit here. I probably wouldn't even be able to...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Once again, another free sample that I received either with an online order or from a contest. I think I'm not really a fan of the flavored teas from Adagio. I think this is because they seem to be...” Read full tasting note
    knifeblood102 98 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Want to find that tea treasure that hasn’t quite hit the popularity radar yet? The Passionfruit tea artfully combines the pleasantly sweet tropical flavor of a fresh passionfruit with the bright, lively taste of Ceylon black tea. So if you’re passionate about great flavored teas, look no further. Give the Passionfruit tea a try.

About Adagio Teas View company

Wow, for once, I’m actually being diligent about my tea log. I feel special.

Anyway, my favorite Adagio flavored tea, in fact, the only one I’ve ever really loved, was the Guanabana, which has been discontinued. I’m sad about that, and I still am. This tea, though, is similar, and for that, I’m glad I tried it. The Passionfruit tea has all the attributes I liked in the Guanabana without the weird kind of over-ripe fruit taste that was so prevalent in the Guanabana. Unfortunately, I loved that aspect of the other tea.

However, this is still one of the best Adagio flavored teas I’ve tried for me. The fruit flavor is bright without being too fruity. It’s definitely sweet, but the sweetness is a kind of sour sweetness which compliments the quite astringent Adagio flavored tea base. This does taste slightly unusual, although it’s not so unusual as to be bizarre or even too tropical.

Ultimately, I like this tea. It’s a tea I might some day buy again. It’s not the Guanabana tea, but it does satisfy an itch I’ve had for awhile since said tea was discontinued. I wish I could detach how I feel about this tea from how I feel about that tea, but I can’t, and I’m sorry for that.

OK, but not a favorite. I’m not a huge fan of blends and this tin is a bit past expiration, so that could also be a contributing factor.

This one is good…slightly sweet and more interesting than peach or mango. I will probably reorder this at some point.

Great hot or iced. A sweet and pleasant flavor. Love this stuff.

Another favorite of mine from Adagio. It’s great hot, and has a sweet taste and scent. Almost floral, but in a good way. Whenever I place an order at the site, I always get a sample tin to keep around.