Lemon Soleil

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Clintus

• “I cold brewed this, and while it's better - a lot better - than the hot tea it's still not my favorite. Even cold brewed there's some harshness at the end of the sip.” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 463 tasting notes
  • “So I'm still craving that lemon flavor and found this sad little sipdown in a box. I didn't know I still had any left. I accidentally steeped this too long so it may be really bitter. Not too bad...” Read full tasting note
    Tamm 521 tasting notes
  • “Managed to make it not bitter, but I am not getting ANY lemon from this tea. Maybe I will add lemon juice and create my own lemon flavor ;) I am thinking ALL these Adagio black teas I have will...” Read full tasting note
    MadelineAlyce 59 tasting notes
  • “Trying to get through my adagio samples. So in my previous note I was all like, this is so lemony! But this time around, it didn't seem that lemony at all. It was kind of bland. I think having...” Read full tasting note
    chibibigos 382 tasting notes

From Adagio Teas

Lemon and tea seem made for each other. Adagio’s Lemon Soleil tea combines the lively taste of premium Ceylon black tea with the sour flavor of fresh lemons. This fresh version of this classic pairing will be sure to warm you up on a cold day!

About Adagio Teas View company

I cold brewed this, and while it’s better – a lot better – than the hot tea it’s still not my favorite. Even cold brewed there’s some harshness at the end of the sip.

So I’m still craving that lemon flavor and found this sad little sipdown in a box. I didn’t know I still had any left. I accidentally steeped this too long so it may be really bitter. Not too bad actually!
This tea is predominantly black tea with hints of crystallized, sugary lemon bits. It is pretty good and always gives a kick of caffeine. I’m always surprised that I like this one so much, but it really is one of Adagio’s better flavored teas.
And speaking of Adagio, I wasn’t supposed to get my next box until tomorrow, but I just saw that it is out for delivery today! I’m actually really excited that I’ll have something to look forward to tonight. My husband is going to be out and so I’ll need this little push to get me through my essay.
edit blah. As this cooled the bitterness seemed to come to play. The last sip of this was pretty bad. I have to say, the black base on some of their teas are very finicky and sometimes not worth the risk. I love the flavors when they are steeped correctly, but can be a terrible mishap as well.

Managed to make it not bitter, but I am not getting ANY lemon from this tea. Maybe I will add lemon juice and create my own lemon flavor ;) I am thinking ALL these Adagio black teas I have will make for good iced teas this summer…..

Trying to get through my adagio samples.
So in my previous note I was all like, this is so lemony! But this time around, it didn’t seem that lemony at all. It was kind of bland. I think having all those wonderful extremely flavored teas from Art of Tea and Golden Moon has spoiled me. Or maybe I’m just not that into lemon. It does give that kind of ick back of the throat scratchy feeling. And the leaves still have that weird over chemically too much lemon smell. I wonder if this tea has a really short shelf life or something? Not a good quality for a tea in the cupboard of a compulsive sample buyer like me.

Down goes the rating!

Eh, This one is ok. Not great. Not awful. Just dececnt. The lemon is def there but it does have a bite to it. Glad I only got a small sample size of it.

A great tasting tea with a nice zesty lemon flavor. very pleased with my first pot.

When I first smelt the leaves it had a semi floral smell. Once steeped it a much more of the lemon zest smell. This is a keeper and the kids loved it too.

This is a decent black tea with a sliiiiight hint of lemon in it. Sort of like those generic unsweetened black iced tes you can get at restaurants and someone dropped a tiny lemon wedge in. It’s not bad, buf for something that claims to really have a lot of lemon, this just isn’t living up to that promise.

So does anyone have any recs for a really, truly lemony tea? Doesn’t have to be black, I drink all kinds…

I’m still trying out a bunch of lemon teas, as I’d like to find one that suits my fancy perfectly. This tea is not that tea, and I prefer David’s Tea La La Lemon better, I think. I don’t have any more of that to compare this to side by side.

However, I drank this twice today, so I feel like I should review it. I recently had to replace my tea kettle, and I bought the Adagio Utilitea kettle as a replacement. It works great so far, although it is kind of hard to pick out specific temperatures as opposed to levels of temperatures, if that makes sense. Anyway, since I was already buying the kettle, I threw in some tea samples to go along with it, Lemon Soleil being one of them.

I had my first cup today, and I brewed the tea for three minutes at boiling. That was too hot of a temperature, I think, as the tea was very bitter. The lemon taste also tasted very artificial, almost like lemon cleaner. I brewed the tea again for three minutes at around 190 degrees, and it was profoundly better. It was a lighter tea base, and the lemon flavor tasted less oily and artificial.

Still, though, it didn’t make me LOVE this tea. I think I could learn to like it okay, and the fact that it’s a lemon tea, which I do love, and that the price point is so significantly cheaper than the David’s Tea blend may make me buy the Adagio tea again. I’m going to keep looking.

I liked this tea well enough. I steeped a little longer then I usually do, but I think it helped bring out the lemon flavor. With a tiny bit of sugar and a drop of milk, this tea was delicious. While I wouldn’t rate it as one my absolute favorites, it is perfect for me on a cold day inside.

Not bad, but I’m not in love. Opens with a clean black and only the subtlest hint of lemon flavor, evolves with an unexpected grassy note (presumably from the sunflower petals), and rounds off to a bright, tart lemon finish.

I could definitely do without the weird grassiness, and I wouldn’t mind a little more lemon kick during drinking. Might be a good candidate for iced tea.