Zhejiang Lung Ching

Green Tea
Green Tea Leaves
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Adagio

One of the most famous of all Chinese green teas, Lung Ching is available in a wide range of grades. This high grade is a fine plucking of young spring leaves, with a deliciously sweet aroma. Pan-firing in a hot wok brings out the classic warm, roasted chestnut notes inherent in the leaf and in this case a hint caramelized sugar and crisp floral essence. Complex and layered, yet subtle in the cup, mellow and softly sweet with a crisp finish.

About Adagio View company

This afternoon I brewed a pot of the loose leaf Zhejiang Lung Ching from Adagio. I love the texture of the dried Lung Ching (Long Jing) leaves. I even love the noise they make, as odd as that may sound.

The tea was good: golden with a slight hint of green. The dried leaves were very uniform in size and shape, but with a few smaller broken pieces. Overall this strikes me as a quite decent Long Jing. I tried the sachet version before but prefer brewing this tea loose in a tetsubin.

170 °F / 76 °C 3 min, 0 sec 5 g 18 OZ / 532 ML

This tastes like a deeper, stronger dragonwell. It is very grassy with a bit of nutty thrown in. Given that, the insane price tag to me is not worth it. Good, but not THAT good.