Organic Matcha Chai

Chai Green Matcha Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by LiberTEAS
8 oz / 236 ml

From Aftelier Perfumed Teas

Our Organic Matcha Chai Tea is grown under diffused sunlight in Nishio, Japan, where the leaves are then ground into a fine vibrant emerald-green powder. I create our exceptionally delicious green Chai tea by flavoring the naturally creamy and sweet ceremonial-grade organic matcha with Aftelier Chef’s Essences: vanilla absolute from Madagascar, organic cinnamon from Vietnam, organic pimento berry from Jamaica, and organic cardamom from India.

To make matcha: add a half-teaspoon of matcha powder to a teacup or bowl of boiling-hot water and whisk or stir rapidly until the green powder is totally dissolved with a bit of foam on the top. It is normal for a bit of the powder to remain in the bottom of your cup.

About Aftelier Perfumed Teas View company

I absolutely LOVED this chai Matcha. The spices chosen are a little different from the “usual” chai blends – it’s got cinnamon and cardamom (usual) but it also has vanilla (sometimes in chai) and allspice (one that I very seldom see in chai.) And no ginger or clove.

That makes for a deliciously different chai.

The matcha is sweet and buttery – a very high quality matcha as evidenced by its bright green color. The spices are a bit on the mild side, making for a smooth, sweet, warm chai but not a spicy hot one. I usually tend to prefer the spicy hot chai blends, but I like the way this is more like a warm, cozy blanket that keeps you warm without getting too hot.

Here’s my full-length review:

I love chai, and I love matcha, so this is sort of a no brainer! Plus, the idea of tea scented by someone who creates perfumes for a living sounded totally awesome.
This matcha did not disappoint! Bright beautifully green, this made a stunning latte with a nice thick foam head. And the spices in this are just how I like them, cinnamon but not in a spicy sort of way, unique and standout without being overwhelming. And I love the addition of vanilla to help support and smooth out the other spices. My latte was gone before I knew it! Mandy sure is doing something right here with this matcha!

8 OZ / 236 ML