Edit tea info Last updated by clawsgirl

From Ahmad Tea London

Some of the finest high-grown teas from the hillsides of Sri Lanka, producing a drink of golden colour and special character. May be served with milk or a slice of lemon. Infuse 4-6 minutes.

About Ahmad Tea London View company

Backlogging from earlier today. A standard Ceylon tea, on the same level as Bigelow and Dilmah, not as flavorful as Twinings, and much more astringent at the finish, though no bitterness. I used the teabag version, with milk and sugar.

Can you buy all these Ahmad teas locally or do you shop online? Locally I can usually only find a very few regularly. A couple times a year they may set up a larger display. It usually doesn’t last long.

I ordered them from Amazon and then I found enjoybettertea.com, which had all the Ahmad teas, as well as Pickwick, Dilmah, Ridgway, and Basilur. I placed a $50.00 order with them about a week ago and they arrived quickly. Since there was free shipping at $50.00, I figured I would rather spend $6.95 on tea rather than on shipping charges. Locally, I have occasionally seen a box of Ahmad at TJMaxx/Home Goods, but that is all.

Good to know, Brett! My daughter loves Pickwick green but only buys it in Europe. She has been wanting a source!

A fairly standard loose Ceylon, strong, good for early mornings. It lacks the subtlety of finer single-estate fare, though, so if you want something a bit more distinguished, steer clear.

I bought this tea in a Jordan market for $7 and really got a whole lot of bang for my buck. It seems the package was NASA approved shrink sealed because as soon as I opened it and air got in the loose tea seemed to be spilling out at an alarming pace and I ended up filling 1 huge glad container and a smaller one that I kept at my office. I was offering ceylon tea to coworkers more than I was working it seemed. As for taste, I love a nice strong tea in the morning and I packed my strainer full of this and got a really good caffeine fix every morning. (Side note: still haven’t finished this in two years…. not even close)

This tea reminds of Ahmad Tea’s English Breakfast tea with a little less flavor. However, it’s still very enjoyable especially with the addition of milk.

This was my second try with the loose leaf version of this tea, and I overdid it with the leaves again. The first steep was okay, but the second steep was awesome, the smooth Ceylon I love so much. I need to start measuring my leaves to be more precise. Anyway, I’m finishing it up now and am a happy Cheapster Steepster (Thanks, Boychik :P).

Have you considered a scale instead of measuring spoons?

Awesome, thanks! I’ll definitely invest in one!

You’re welcome!

Poor aroma, too bitter for me, sharp taste, not bad for ice tea. :)