Edit tea info Last updated by clawsgirl

• “Backlogging from earlier today. A standard Ceylon tea, on the same level as Bigelow and Dilmah, not as flavorful as Twinings, and much more astringent at the finish, though no bitterness. I used...” Read full tasting note
    bburrowes 141 tasting notes
  • “A fairly standard loose Ceylon, strong, good for early mornings. It lacks the subtlety of finer single-estate fare, though, so if you want something a bit more distinguished, steer clear.” Read full tasting note
    irisbleufic 87 tasting notes
  • “I bought this tea in a Jordan market for $7 and really got a whole lot of bang for my buck. It seems the package was NASA approved shrink sealed because as soon as I opened it and air got in the...” Read full tasting note
    VampBunny 48 tasting notes
  • “This tea reminds of Ahmad Tea's English Breakfast tea with a little less flavor. However, it's still very enjoyable especially with the addition of milk.” Read full tasting note
    clawsgirl 18 tasting notes

From Ahmad Tea London

Some of the finest high-grown teas from the hillsides of Sri Lanka, producing a drink of golden colour and special character. May be served with milk or a slice of lemon. Infuse 4-6 minutes.

About Ahmad Tea London View company

Backlogging from earlier today. A standard Ceylon tea, on the same level as Bigelow and Dilmah, not as flavorful as Twinings, and much more astringent at the finish, though no bitterness. I used the teabag version, with milk and sugar.

K S

Can you buy all these Ahmad teas locally or do you shop online? Locally I can usually only find a very few regularly. A couple times a year they may set up a larger display. It usually doesn’t last long.

Brett

I ordered them from Amazon and then I found enjoybettertea.com, which had all the Ahmad teas, as well as Pickwick, Dilmah, Ridgway, and Basilur. I placed a $50.00 order with them about a week ago and they arrived quickly. Since there was free shipping at $50.00, I figured I would rather spend $6.95 on tea rather than on shipping charges. Locally, I have occasionally seen a box of Ahmad at TJMaxx/Home Goods, but that is all.

ashmanra

Good to know, Brett! My daughter loves Pickwick green but only buys it in Europe. She has been wanting a source!

I bought this tea in a Jordan market for $7 and really got a whole lot of bang for my buck. It seems the package was NASA approved shrink sealed because as soon as I opened it and air got in the loose tea seemed to be spilling out at an alarming pace and I ended up filling 1 huge glad container and a smaller one that I kept at my office. I was offering ceylon tea to coworkers more than I was working it seemed. As for taste, I love a nice strong tea in the morning and I packed my strainer full of this and got a really good caffeine fix every morning. (Side note: still haven’t finished this in two years…. not even close)

This tea reminds of Ahmad Tea’s English Breakfast tea with a little less flavor. However, it’s still very enjoyable especially with the addition of milk.

Poor aroma, too bitter for me, sharp taste, not bad for ice tea. :)