Lemon and Lime Black Tea

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From Ahmad Tea

Product description not available yet.

About Ahmad Tea View company

Steepster seems to be acting up so hopefully this post and can be read. I Slept in late this morning. Need tea. Most of my stuff is still packed up. I found the tea bags I intended to take on my last day of work but had forgotten them. Heated the water in the microwave (which I hate doing) and steeped for… uhmmm, well until the water was cool. You would think I had never done this before. This one seemed pretty forgiving. The lime pops. It kind of opened my eyes. Then I taste the lemon. Bonus, I can taste the tea. A lot of grocery store bagged teas aren’t balanced. Ahmad generally does a great job as they have done here. Lemon and lime are never flavors I have on their own so I think they taste natural in this but maybe you would disagree. Anyway they taste nice here. The base seems mellow. In their Earl Grey the base has rougher edges. For a no fuss cup this worked well.

Tasted much better this time now that I have the correct steeping time. Who would have thought that 15-20 seconds would make a difference?

Backlog:

Not a bad bagged tea as far as bagged teas go. I’ve tried some good bagged teas and some not so great bagged teas and then some really horrid bagged teas … this one falls under the good bagged tea category, even though I’d prefer to drink loose leaf, this one is pretty good and it is one I wouldn’t mind carrying with me if I were traveling and loose leaf was inconvenient.

Sweet, tangy-tart, and even a slight bitter tone from the pith of the fruit, and I don’t find this bitterness off-putting, on the contrary, I think it adds something to the overall taste.

A bit of a bitter aftertaste, but overall a very well balanced tea. Just enough hints of lemon and lime to give the black tea some flavour, but not enough to take away from the blend.