English Breakfast

Edit tea info Last updated by tokyohanna
Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 8 oz / 236 ml

From Ahmad Tea

A classical blend of fine teas which characterises the traditional English cup of tea. Usually taken in the morning with milk, this popular tea can of course be enjoyed at any time of the day with or without milk for a refreshing experience.

About Ahmad Tea View company

How i got it: Got this as a gift while i was visiting one of my aunts (along with a couple of the strangest teas and infusions i’ve seen in my life)

Experience: This one is a serious candidate for the strongest tea i’ve tasted. Its aroma is similar to a regular Ceylon, but a little more complex. At the other hand, its flavor is really intense (maybe i oversteeped?), and gives me almost the same sensation than Lipton’s English Breakfast: a taste that goes from malty to soft bitter, but amplified. It has some toasted notes in addition to a couple of other unique flavors, making a good deal of difference from the teas i usually have. Not bad, but it could take me a time to get used to it. Average, maybe a bit above.

Would i buy it?: Maybe i need to season myself a bit more in English Breakfast’s, but for now, the answer would be no.

Thoroughly disappointing as far as an English Breakfast tea goes. The loose leaf version of this brews up to a brown/grey with no hints of red or orange. The red/orange indicates Assam in the mix, which is mostly what gives an English Breakfast its malty goodness. It has a fairly astringent maybe even mildly citrus-ey note to it, which IMO has no place in an English, Irish or Scottish Breakfast Tea.

Not very happy with this, but I’ll probably find some use for the tin, once I dump the tea out.

A nice breakfast blend tea. I usually prefer Irish Breakfast blends, because they seem to have more assam. I went out to try this blend. It will wake you up, nice strong flavor. Though I still prefer Irish, I don’t think I would buy this tea again.

Good for post Thanksgiving binge >.