Ceylon Tea - Orange Pekoe

Edit tea info Last updated by CaraTobe

From Ahmad Tea

Quality Broken Orange Pekoe tea chosen from the best teas of Sri Lanka and other countries, flavoured with bergamot. A tea of excellent colour, taste, and aroma.

About Ahmad Tea View company

1.5 tsp for 300mL water @100C, steeped 4 minutes, drunk bare.

A very good Ceylon. It doesn’t scream ‘copper’, like Lover’s Leap Estate does, but it is unmistakably Ceylon black tea. I tend for forget about it, as I like to around with the fancy China teas and the bold Assams, but Ahmnad’s Ceylon is quiet, dependable, and delicious. No bitterness at 4 minutes.

Michelle Butler Hallett

And despite what the note says, there is absolutely NO bergamot in this tea.

gmathis

Ahmad. Solid and dependable. You nailed it.

For me, the best Ceylon out there and I’m a loose leaf snob. I’m not quite sure why bergamot is mentioned in the tea description on Steepster, but I can tell you that there is NO bergamot in this tea. They save that for their English Afternoon. Caramel sweetness, nice bloom, mild astringency. I agree with the other taster that this is morning stuff. I don’t know why but it seems to be very high in caffeine.

Don’t over steep this loose leaf tea. It is my go-to morning cup of caffeine.

3 minutes in the pot. Too much more gives it an over-tannic aspect. This is a smooth, very balanced tea with great caffeine and a wonderful morning flavor.