Earl Grey

Bergamot, Citrus
Edit tea info Last updated by Lala

From Ahmad Tea

An inspirational blend of black teas subtly flavoured with the elegant fragrance of bergamot. A tea that lifts the spirits and satisfies the taste buds. This popular English drink is usually served without milk. Infuse 3-5 minutes.

About Ahmad Tea View company

Have not tried the bagged version, but the loose leaf is excellent. One of my favorite Earl Greys!

This is truly a basic Early Grey Tea. But it’s not something I would give to my Grandmother for tea time. The bag exploded when I tried to open it, and the flavors are basic Early Grey. The bergamont is a bit heavy and spicy, but the tea is good when you need a cup of tea. Don’t go out of your way to buy this tea. There’s no point.

My mother-in-law gave us a big box of this to bring with us to Korea. It’s been my saving grace, as I’ve get to find good black tea here. But it’s a bit weak for me. If you have it Persian style, mixed with another kind of spicier black tea, and without milk, then it’s absolutely fantastic.

While cleaning out the tea cupboard I found a tiny ziploc baggie of this I had saved for some unknown reason. I had once upon a time the gigantic tin of this stuff, bought from the Middle Eastern market, back when I was just slowly getting into loose teas. I gave the tin away but apparently had kept a bag for some reason.

Well, suffice it to say that I have well and truly become a tea snob. Because I’m sorely tempted to dump this mug into the sink and toss the rest of the tea.

Sometime in the past year, I remember getting into it with a friend of a friend on Twitter (really, will I never learn?) who was vehemently offended that there are people who will pay more than $1/oz for loose tea, because – as he said – the stuff he got from Ahmad in the giant ass tin was good enough for him.

Oh, how I laugh now. Because honestly, this tea is not even in the same league as the other earl greys I have in my cupboard. The bergamot is very faint, the tea base is a bit rough, and the taste is closer to Lipton than to earl grey.

I like this tea, it has a reach fragrance. There’s nothing like a cup of Bergamot tea on a cold day. Also it’s easy to find.

Flavors: Bergamot, Citrus

Starting the morning with a London Fog (earl grey tea + vanilla flavoring)

Terri HarpLady

This is one of Tony’s most favorite teas :)

And yet another TJMaxx find. Lately I’ve only been looking but not buying anything from the aisle of tea just because I knew if I kept doing that I would end up with more tea then I could ever drink… And it doesn’t help when you pick up a box of tea and don’t realize till later that it contains 50 tea bags…

Anyway, not only does it have a pleasing scent but the taste is wonderful. It’s light enough that people who don’t like strong teas can drink it. However, it has a strong enough flavor that heavy tea drinkers that like lots of flavor will be pleased. I know that sounds weird but that is the best description I could think of.

Very strong Bergamot flavor. Just the way I like it. I use milk and sweetener. Yum!

Strangely whilst in Canada this was by far the best Earl Grey Tea Available. Never really touched Ahamed Tea back in the UK – as it is more of touristy type product.

But is clearly the leader of the pack in Canada and a good cuppa compared to the local brands.