Darjeeling

Edit tea info Last updated by joriba

From Ahmad Tea

Broken leaf tea. Steeps a light amber orange liquor. Mild taste and aroma.

About Ahmad Tea View company

Pureleaf sent me some of this! Thanks a bunch :)

This is a nice darjeeling. Not as astringent as some Darjeelings and like that just fine and dandy.

It’s sightly floral and slightly citrusy, even.

This is very satisfying for the time of day – YAY!

K S

How cups today? Hope you can get to sleep before morning! lol.

Pureleaf

K S I wished there was a “like” button option, I was thinking the same thing. :) TeaEqualsBliss – I’m glad you are use this one to keep you on your go! No time to stop. It’s certainly been a Monday here as well.

gmathis

Sleep? What about those bathroom runs? ;)

TeaEqualsBliss

For some reason tea doesn’t bother me getting sleep :) LOL – The only tea that makes me pee a lot is TONS of green tea all at once…not really with the other tea types.

Backlog:

A really pleasant Darjeeling – nice for afternoon sipping. Sweet, wine-like, and woodsy. Notes of muscatel. Notes of spice. Smooth, not a lot of astringency for a Darjeeling. A really enjoyable cuppa. One of those easy to sip Darjeeling teas.

Very aromatic and smooth to the taste, with a very light floral note. It tends to have a very slight bitter aftertaste (even with a shorter steep time and lower temp). I personally brew this tea a minute shorter than recommended, results in a lighter tangerine amber color and less bitter aftertaste. Also, I find it a great midday/early afternoon choice of leaf. There is no need for sweetener,however will splurge occasionally with a turbinado sugar, orange blossom honey or white agave nectar.

There are many cheap Darjeeling teas out there, but I doubt you will find one this good at this price. I picked up 10 ounces for less that $5 at my local Indian Grocery, and was pleasantly surprised. Good flavor and just the right hint of muscatel in the very pleasant aroma. The tea leaves are not the highest quality, but what a value for the price of a loose leaf Darjeeling.

A good tea to pair with an Indian meal. I should mention that you should never steep this tea for more than 3 minutes. The tin says steep for 5 to 7 minutes, but this will be a bitter brew that looses any of the delicate nuances. Maybe it is this way for their Russian clientele who use this more in a samovar — and thin the tea as needed.

Tastes very similar to Twinings Darjeeling, but a little stronger, and somewhat less astringent. A sweet flowery taste as it touches the tongue, followed by a slightly bitter aftertaste, even with sugar added.

This is a very enjoyable cup of tea but the brew can become bitter if you steep for too long. The instructions say 3 to 5 minutes steep time. I say stay on the low end of the limit and go longer only after tasting. This is my first Darjeeling.

My favourite daily Darjeeling. Cheap but delicious with a nice fruity flavour with hints of floral when you get a good batch. I’m naughty and buy the teabags. Best with a tiny dash of milk.

Fantastic delicate tea, great for relaxing in the evening. Love this brew!

My boyfriend made me a cup of this when we woke up this morning to make me feel better after falling victim to a head cold. He steeped it too long, but it was a decent cup to wake up to. I