Lucid Dream Tea

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by amandakath

• “I got this tea through the Foodie Pen Pal program over at theleangreenbean.com. It's not a tea that I would normally pick out, so I was intrigued. It tastes like the green tea that you would...” Read full tasting note
    missmylin 86 tasting notes
  • “I simply love this tea! So delicious. I've personally picked Sweet Gale in the wild and made tea from the fresh leaves. The flavour is gentle and gets sweeter the longer it steeps (hence it's...” Read full tasting note
    isopach 5 tasting notes
  • “I drank this last night, mainly out of curiosity. It has an interesting, very vegetal taste to it. Not a huge fan of the overall taste, honestly. I don't remember my dreams from last night at...” Read full tasting note
    infused1 183 tasting notes

From Algonquin Tea Co

Enhanced Dream Recall
Handpicked by canoe in the algonquin wilderness, sweet gale is a light flavourful herbal tea which is said to enable one to have more memorable dreams.
TRADITIONAL USES:

• Stomach ache
  • Fever
  • Bronchial ailments
  • Liver-blood tonic

INGREDIENTS:

SWEET GALE (Myrica Gale)

Lucid Dream Tea can help you remember your dreams, or to dream with others, try a cup as you go to bed. Lucid dream tea is not a sedative but has an immediate calming effect.
THE LUCID DREAM TEA STORY

As the Haunting calls of the Loons fill the vast silences of Canada’s Northern nights, a musical web is created, from Lake to Lake, telling tales of the night.

Growing along these shores, Sweet Gale’s red and golden roots are woven into each other underwater, producing plants with the magic to move us into Lucid Dreaming.
INGREDIENT TRADITIONAL USES

Leaves are used traditionally as a light flavourful green tea, and its seed nutlets as sage or bay like cooking spice. Sweet Gale leaves were dried to perfume linen and make candles because of its beautiful fragrance. Also used to allay thirst.

Astringent, diuretic, and emetic properties have been scientifically recognized.

About Algonquin Tea Co View company

I got this tea through the Foodie Pen Pal program over at theleangreenbean.com. It’s not a tea that I would normally pick out, so I was intrigued.

It tastes like the green tea that you would get at any random Chinese restaurant. Now granted, I don’t have a really refined palate for green teas, so maybe I’m missing something. Maybe if I had steeped it longer as another reviewer said, then I would have found that sweetness in sweet gale. As it is, it’s pleasant enough, but not something that I would get again.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

I simply love this tea! So delicious. I’ve personally picked Sweet Gale in the wild and made tea from the fresh leaves. The flavour is gentle and gets sweeter the longer it steeps (hence it’s name-sake). Highly recommended.

195 °F / 90 °C

I don’t remember my dreams from last night at all, but I did sleep right through my alarm (unfortunately I don’t think I can blame the tea for that). I got a small amt from my mom’s supply at Xmas, so I only have enough to try it one more time.