Alice's Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by elaynecrain

From Alice's Tea Cup

From their Web site: “Our house blend of Indian black vanilla with Japanese green tea and rose petals. Smooth and subtle.” Pictured with a rose shaped sugar from Austin Sugarworks.

About Alice's Tea Cup View company

Oh boo. I wasn’t paying attention this morning and ended up overbrewing. The result was still drinkable, but the magic was gone :-( It was just kind of generically green and black. Smooth and not at all astringent, but…meh. Which I suppose doesn’t matter much, because I ended up losing my travel mug. My awesome, spill-proof, keep-tea-warm-for-ages travel mug.

Go a few days without constant easy access to high quality tea? Whatever shall I do? ::promptly orders a new travel mug::

Catching up on my logs from yesterday so that i can continue trying to kick terri’s butt in our sipoff :) This was a sample sent to me courtesy of Kaylee! This was an interesting tea. It calls for boiling, but given the green tea in this, i opted for a slightly cooler water temp. Now i have to say, that i didn’t expect to like this one because i am not a fan of most teas with florals in them. But i wanted to try it and kaylee was awesome enough to send it my way.

This is a pretty decent cup of tea. It’s not really up my alley but i wouldn’t turn down a cup. It has a great vanilla, rose scent and the taste is similar. Luckily the rose doesn’t overpower the brew and the vanilla complements it very nicely. This was a lovely cup to try! Thank you Kaylee

I had this this morning after picking some up on a trip to NYC. It was very pleasant and not too strong, which I think would’ve made it a better choice for the afternoon than the morning time when I normally need a bit more strength (will have it after lunch from now on). The dry loose leaf has a beautiful perfumed smell that is really nice, and I had it with a rose-flavored sugar so that probably also flowered it up a bit. :) I definitely enjoyed it, but funny enough, I also think it would be fantastic to use in sachets in clothing drawers, etc. as the scent is really quite nice.

Black/Green blend. It is as good as the experience/atmosphere at Alice’s. “Peace and Quiet Mayhem.”

I’ve been drinking this tea for a few years, after my sister introduced me to it. It was my favorite black for a while, until I switched over to Assam blends without flowers or spice. I’ve never really tasted the green tea component, and I usually drink at least 70 oz of sencha a day.

The rose flavor is relatively light, and mutes a little with a splash of milk.

I brew 1.5 tsp with 12 oz (17 oz porcelain teapot, tea loose), basically 150% of the steep directions on the bag.

I was in NYC for the first time last week and visited Alice’s Tea Cup (which is an experience in itself.) I had this tea and loved it so much I bought some to bring home. With a dash of milk and a tiny bit of sugar, this is absolutely delicious. I’m going to be sad when I run out of this—it’s a long way back to NYC!