Organic Estate Ceylon

Edit tea info Last updated by KottolerEllo

1 Tasting Note View all

• “I wasn't expecting much from this relatively cheap black tea from Allegro, but I had never tasted a Ceylon tea before and the leaves looked long and attractive so I decided to try some. After...” Read full tasting note
    KottolerEllo 10 tasting notes

From Allegro Fine Tea

Distinctively mellow flavor, brilliant color, and delightful aroma define our Estate Ceylon black tea. The organic leaves are handpicked in the highlands of the Sri Lankan hills, where the growers share our commitment to sustainable growing practices and worker wellbeing. Delicious alone, or add milk and honey to taste.

About Allegro Fine Tea View company

1 Tasting Note

I wasn’t expecting much from this relatively cheap black tea from Allegro, but I had never tasted a Ceylon tea before and the leaves looked long and attractive so I decided to try some. After brewing my first cup this morning, I am very happy I went with an ounce instead of just a half ounce. The first infusion was somewhat lighter than other black teas I’ve tasted, which I attributed to the fact that I steeped it at a little lower temperature than I should have, but once I tasted it I was very impressed to find complex, fruity tones over a smooth base of black tea goodness. The second infusion was very weak, I think next time I’ll just brew it hotter and longer the first time and then throw it out, this being the only real downside to this tea. Otherwise, very impressed with the oolong-like characteristics of this unassuming black tea.