Feel Like Zeus

Herbal Yerba maté Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Paul M Tracy

• “A small shot of caffeine before and an iced herbal after has become a workout routine for me. I decided to try this one because what guy doesn't want to feel like Zeus after a hard workout? Out...” Read full tasting note
    paulmtracy 141 tasting notes
  • “This is an unusual blend for me as I tend to avoid "spicy" teas. While the first few sips had me on edge, as one might feel exploring a new and possibly hostile land, the flavor eventually won me...” Read full tasting note
    Shellita 1 tasting notes

From Allegro

Our FEEL LIKE ZEUS is a delicious addition to any man’s stay-healthy regimen. A bracing blend of organic yerba mate, eleuthero, cinnamon, chicory, ginger, hawthorne berry, schisandra and American ginseng, it contains flavanoids and a bolt of flavor that keeps you feeling like a mighty god, even if you don’t happen to be one yourself.

About Allegro View company

A small shot of caffeine before and an iced herbal after has become a workout routine for me. I decided to try this one because what guy doesn’t want to feel like Zeus after a hard workout?

Out of the package, there’s a strong fragrance of ginger and cinnamon and a slight citrusy note. Before it even brewed, this just seemed like it was going to be “hot.”

Once prepared, you have a bright yellow liquid (it’s almost fluorescent) that continues to smell strongly of ginger. In flavor, this proved to be much more mellow than expected. The chicory and mate help tame this down a bit, but the aftertaste is warm.

The proportion of spice to herb must be fairly high because this really does result in quite a zesty concoction. I brewed some double strength and put it over ice and it was a great pick-me-up. Now I just need a reason to throw lightning bolts to give it a full test.

Ewa

pfft, you don’t need a reason to throw lightning bolts

sophistre

I’m with Ewa on this one.

This is an unusual blend for me as I tend to avoid “spicy” teas. While the first few sips had me on edge, as one might feel exploring a new and possibly hostile land, the flavor eventually won me over. I’ve been having it with breakfast over the past few days.

I am intrigued that it is marketed toward men – is there some ingredient that is specific for men’s health but not women’s? Despite being a woman, I sometimes want to “Feel Like Zeus.”