Himalayan Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by momo

From Allegro

Our Himalayan Green tea is an ultra-smooth blend of organic Chinese and Indian Darjeeling green teas. It’s pleasantly medium-bodied, lacking the harsh astringency common to some green tea blends. The leaves we use are grown and harvested under sustainable farming methods that enrich the land, support workers, and deliver teas of unequaled character.

About Allegro View company

Went to Whole Foods this morning for the ingredients to make dinner, and needed some tea. I saw this in the blah selection of teabags to choose from and decided to try it since I’ve never had a green Darjeeling.

Not bad for bagged tea, although I’m sure having full on green Darjeeling would be much better. It worked for my morning fix though And now I just want to go back to sleep now that everything is in the slow cooker.

I bought this tea a few months ago and kind of forgot about it, so when I made it today, I expected to be disappointed. It’s not a tea I would keep stocked regularly, but it’s a decent bagged Darjeeling green tea. I used two bags for 16 ounces, and the taste was slightly light for my liking. It has a nice fruity Darjeeling flavor, and no bitterness, but I may try backing off to 12 ounces for 2 bags to see if I can get a little more flavor out of it.

Backlog (last one!). On our last day we killed some time before dinner at that same café. Apparently in between the two times we went there, they got new tea, because this one wasn’t there before! This was interesting—I’ve never had a green Darjeeling before. The Chinese green is very vegetal but I do taste something that reminds me of the fruitiness of a black Darjeeling. It’s a little sweet and makes an interesting cup. Not bad!