100% Pure Ceylon Tea FBOP No 1

Earth, Honey, Malt
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Alwazah Tea (Swan Brand)

Product description not available yet.

About Alwazah Tea (Swan Brand) View company

Oh man. This is like a whole new Steepster experience. I don’t even know what to do with myself right now.

I forgot this one in the fridge on Saturday. I’m pleasantly surprised it held up until today , though. Sometimes teas can start tasting muddled and almost dirty if you leave them too, too long. This one stayed clean and crisp and has that wonderful mouthfeel.

In other news, I made another loaf of the Vanilla Earl Grey Cranberry Bread, jotted everything down, shared the recipe with some friends who asked after trying it. So I know the recipe is a winner. If anyone else wants the recipe let me know and I’ll gladly share!

Flavors: Earth, Honey, Malt

Iced 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML
Roswell Strange

Yes please! I’d love the recipe, so I can make my roommate bake some :)

keychange

I’d also like it…so I can make my fiancé bake some!

caile

I would also like the recipe, please! :-)

Nicole

Vanilla EG Cranberry??? 3 favorite flavors together? Yes, please!

Seven swans a swimming tea! Usually I am not a big Ceylon fan but I knew if I underleafed and made sure to pay attention to how long I was steeping and it turned out well.

It has a very thick mouthfeel which is kind of hard to get used to for a first cup of the day (ugh 4pm already? haven’t felt good all day thanks temperature bouncing). It’s somewhat brisk but not bitter, so I’d say it’s malty with just the right amount of sweetness.

btw I’m going through my tea again so I’ll be selling tea yet again. I need to stop buying in general but my discount needs to stop working at Teavana for that to happen. It’s also involving tossing a lot that I think can’t possibly be good anymore which is really sad. No more buying. Yesterday was the last day of buying, says the person who bought almost 2 pounds of tea UGH.

caile

Discounts make buying so tempting! :-)

momo

yeah, if only they allowed employee discounts on top of the sale discounts I would have probably ended up with more. Somehow at Starbucks itself this only meant I bought two cocoa kits and one was a gift anyway but had we had more stuff on clearance, it wouldn’t have been pretty…I think it worked out to a 65% discount

caile

lol! Probably good they don’t give the employee discount too then, but that is a good savings regardless! Crazy to resist! ;-)

Special Thanks to Pureleaf for this one!

This is a mighty fine Ceylon, indeed! It’s velvety-feel is wonderful on the tongue. It has a hint of sweet, hint of earthiness, and a spec of sweeter-maltiness present. It’s has that mellow-medium to medium black tea strength base but it’s velvet texture is the feature that really stands out for me with this one!

So glad I got to try it!

And on the seventh day of Christmas Steepster gave to me seven swans-a-swimming!

Thank you TeaTee for the very generous sample you sent in the 12 days exchange (Seven cups of swan tea) and all the beautiful origami swans! They’re kind of hidden away in my tea closet right now, but they always make me smile whenever I open it up to rotate teas/grab something.

I’ve actually had this once before (on the seventh day), but I didn’t log it. So, I’m making sure I log it now – especially since I decided to make it in the beautiful mason jar that Keychange gave me!

Parameters: 1 tbsp. of leaf, steeped for about three minutes with a huge splash of milk added in!

Taste wise, this one makes me really happy because there’s not even the slightest bit of bitterness or astringency and – even without milk – it has a nice, thick and full mouthfeel. Also, it’s neither horribly and shockingly strong but it’s not weak either, which makes it perfect as an early morning/starting the day sort of tea (and yummy with Nutella toast). I get a little bit of maltyness and earthy notes balanced by a small dose of natural sweetness and even some very subtle background floral notes.

Doesn’t blow me away – but is a nice strong, balanced straight Ceylon.

This was Day #7 in the 12 Days of Christmas Swap of 2013. Thank you TeaTee!!

So being new to tea, I had know idea what to expect when I saw that this was a straight ceylon. I had read a few reviews on steepster. It seems ceylon is hit or miss with folks. This was a hit for me. To me it seemed like a light black tea that was a bit fruity and sweet. I just kept refilling my cup today.

Day #7 for the 12 Days of Christmas 2013, Thanks to TeaTee! I have been able to drink this at least 4 mornings. I tend to like a nice black cup first thing in the AM and this hit the spot. I drank with just sugar and sugar/cream and I honestly liked best with just sugar. I am not seasoned into what is a good/bad Ceylon because honestly, until recently I have only begun exploring what black tea I was drinking! I liked this. Thanks so much for the generous sample.

My everyday cuppa. Not too strong and not weak either. Perfect with two cubes of sugar and almond milk.

i didn’t actually know what this was when i steeped it =0).

just as well i ‘may’ have had a bias against! ceylons and i tend to grouch at one another. however, none the wiser the warm bread smell of this one drew me in happily… along with the fact that it arrived with the springbok enthusiasm of a MissB surprise ‘gotcha’ package. (i love it when she does that =0)

a warm leaf that has nothing to do with temperature. has a significant depth to it. a crusty bread essence…. like a double rise with brown sugar across the top. a drop of agave, but hardy any. mild astringency, nothing harsh. very nice!

what’s this? a ceylon? REALLY?!! well, i personally believe MissB was put on this planet to change minds about tea…. =0P (or at least mine). MISSION ACCOMPLISHED MY DEAR B!!!!!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
MissB

Woot woot!! Awesome! I thought you’d enjoy this one.

yaaaaay!

bought this from an ethnic grocery store. (Russian)/
ceylon fbop.
needed a ceylon, and wanted to save on shipping costs, hence the search for it locally.

great tea, no citrus aftertaste. very smooth, dark cup. not bitter.
3 euros for a pound of tea, average – yet good tea for that price.