Brioche Organic Tea

Almonds, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Safflowers
Almond, Cinnamon, Pastries, Butter, Cream, Sugar, Custard, Vanilla, Maple Syrup, Baked Bread, Nuts, Orange Zest
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

From American Tea Room

Brioche’s astoundingly decadent aroma and flavor make it one of our best sellers. Even the dry leaves perfectly capture the spicy-sweet aroma of a Parisian patisserie with intoxicating, beguiling, tempting aromas of nuts, spices and an unrivaled baked sweet note.

Visually speaking, well-oxidized ebony leaves are contrasted with pale, sliced almonds, bits of cinnamon and vermillion-colored safflower blossoms. The brew is a shimmering rust color.

The aroma and flavor of Brioche are rich, nuanced and reminiscent of hot cinnamon buns, almond croissants, fine black tea and warm brioche with a touch of marmalade. It has an equally enchanting aftertaste that lasts and lasts…

This superbly balanced blend stands on its own as an indulgence, or pairs beautifully with breakfast pastries and fruity after-dinner desserts (such as Linzer tarts).

About American Tea Room View company

Wow, I was not expecting this to be so good.. I opened it up and it smelled great. Threw the kettle on and brewed some, got distracted and forgot about it steeping for about 4-5 minutes..

But wow, I enjoy some flavoured teas but this is really great, it has such a warm comforting flavour like a fresh out of the oven cinnamon bun.

I will be buying a very large bag of this! Thanks to whoever put that in the tea box :)

Lol that would be me, as per everyone’s request.

Bentea

Thanks for throwing it in there! Still lots to go around :)

TastyBrew’s Personally recommended blend from her mystery swap box.

It’s not half bad. The flavors are very well balanced and there’s no unpleasant aftertaste. I’m not super thrilled about almond flavor in my teas, but I wouldn’t say no to a second cup of this.

TastyBrew

This is definitely one of my favs. Glad you kinda liked it!

I just made myself a pot of this tea to enjoy while catching up on my e-mails.
I have been out of town for several days (Sure feels good to be home!)
I missed all my friends here at Steepers.

I finally got to taste this one, thanks to courtney! … on first sip, i got a strong taste of just black tea, but as I went on, it got sweeter, creamier, and more almondy… delicious!!! it was well worth the wait :)

Flavors: Cream, Nuts

185 °F / 85 °C 6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Really lovely brioche tea on a snowy morning. It jumped out at me, and now I know why – good choice!

Also, Marie Antoinette never said ‘let them eat cake’ – it was someone else entirely, and she mostly likely said ‘let them eat brioche’ (i’m reading this epically long wiki list about popular misconceptions)

I realised today that I can’t open this without making myself a cup. It smells like fresh pastry. It’s nutty and cinnamon-y and buttery, but really the flaky delicious pastry note is the biggest. And it tastes like an almond croissant bathed in butter and cinnamon. It’s so hard to go wrong here.

Anyanka

I just said on another note that I want to try this. I want this tea!

whatshesaid

I wish they had a better option for shipping to Canada!

This is so lovely! I’d been looking forward to trying it for a while and it absolutely lived up to what i was hoping for. It legitimately smells like cookies in the tin and in the cup, and to be honest? It tastes like it too. I have no idea how this tea was accomplished. I want to give every single award to whoever said “You know what’s not fair? It’s the 21st century, and we’re still not capable of drinking a pastry. Let’s fix that!” I have to assume this was the intent. It tastes like delicious dessert bread or cookies or something, with an almondy-cinnamon aftertaste, which I note because I normally really don’t like cinnamon but this tea blends it so well that I don’t mind.

It’s a great autumn-winter tea, I think, and I will DEFINITELY buy it again.

Good initial impressions. I need to use the rest of the sample and get a few more cups before I make a decision as to how I like it, but it smells nicely of cinnamon and home-made cookies.
Actually, it almost reminded me (in a good way) of caramalized carrots (with cinnamon and brown sugar).

Looking forward to giving it another try.

This is a fabulous dessert tea. It is almost like and as satisfying as eating a pastry.

I’m now working off a note I wrote a few weeks back, but I remember tasting this tea vividly, and I wanted to engage Steepster again after an absence caused by moving, the holidays, and being unwell for a few weeks.

Anyway, I didn’t like this tea. I did not hate it. In fact, I found it pleasant. But I didn’t like it, either. It tasted too heavily of spices to me, especially cinnimon, and I tasted very little tea or even pastry-type sweetness. I’ve been interested in this tea in the past, and I’m glad I never bought any for myself. It was very flat for me. I savor and crave complex tea notes, and this was very one-note and boring.

Furthermore, for something with almond slices in it, I tasted no nut qualities in it. I wanted to be confronted with the slightly sweet bit of almond or walnut. Since this is a dessert tea without chocolate (I’m a chocolate sucker) it needed to engage beyond the sweetness it engaged in. since it wasn’t as sweet as I desired from a pastry-themed tea, it needed to taste firmly of great tea. It did not really.

The tea brewed to a gorgeous red-black cup. I know it’s a high quality tea, and it looks and brews like it is. But the flavor profile is uneven and unsophisticated in my opinion.

My sample came from a glorious and amazing box of samples from IfJuly, and I am so appreciative of those samples I can’t really articulate it myself. I’m honored to have been sent so much tea, and I’m hoping I can catch up on a few tasting notes so I can continue to acknowledge IfJuly’s generosity.