Brioche Organic Tea

Almonds, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Safflowers
Almond, Butter, Pastries, Nuts, Smooth, Sweet, Cinnamon, Cream, Sugar, Custard, Vanilla, Maple Syrup, Baked Bread, Orange Zest
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

From American Tea Room

Brioche’s astoundingly decadent aroma and flavor make it one of our best sellers. Even the dry leaves perfectly capture the spicy-sweet aroma of a Parisian patisserie with intoxicating, beguiling, tempting aromas of nuts, spices and an unrivaled baked sweet note.

Visually speaking, well-oxidized ebony leaves are contrasted with pale, sliced almonds, bits of cinnamon and vermillion-colored safflower blossoms. The brew is a shimmering rust color.

The aroma and flavor of Brioche are rich, nuanced and reminiscent of hot cinnamon buns, almond croissants, fine black tea and warm brioche with a touch of marmalade. It has an equally enchanting aftertaste that lasts and lasts…

This superbly balanced blend stands on its own as an indulgence, or pairs beautifully with breakfast pastries and fruity after-dinner desserts (such as Linzer tarts).

About American Tea Room View company

The aroma when I opened my sample about knocked me over. With the scents of almond and cinnamon wafting up, I was taken back to the time I spent in Paris wandering thru the little bakeries picking up pastries for breakfast. The blurb that American Tea Room has up about this tea is right on the mark. Visually this is also a very pleasing tea with the black tea leaves being mixed with almond slices and the scarlet of safflower blossoms.

I set up my first cup to brew in my Zarafina Tea-maker set on a medium black setting using 1 teaspoon of leaves. Once brewed the aroma of the almonds and cinnamon persist though they are lighter. I tried my first cup with just a touch of rock sugar and I have to admit that I was disappointed. The tea itself was very smooth but the cinnamon left a bitter aftertaste. Just not my cup of tea.

I am really glad that American Tea Room sends large enough samples that I could play around. For my second cup I used the same settings for brewing but once brewed I added a touch of creamer to go with the rock sugar. Oh my goodness, what a difference. My Brioche tea turned into the perfect desert tea. It was just like eating a cinnamon roll without all the calories. I also tried it with vanilla soy milk and I have to say that I am hooked. This tea is going on my list of order from American Tea Room.

Finally broke into this one and YUM! What I love is that it is butter and almonds without being too sweet. Tastes like walking into my favorite French bakery. So happy!

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Pastries

I couldn’t help myself last week when American Tea Room announced free US shipping on any order and so I bit on some teas I’ve been eyeing off for a while now (sample packs only I swear!!) and have been desperate to try. First out of the package was Brioche and let me tell you, scent wise, this tea is intoxicating!! Both the dry leaf and brewed liquor smell heavily of almond croissant however the taste doesn’t quite live up to the promise in my opinion… Although the almond and pastry notes are present they’re a little too weak and all this tea has done is make me crave real almond croissants!! Tasty but a little disappointing…maybe i’ll try more leaf in my next cup to see if this solves the problem and so I’m holding off on rating for now….

I’ve been wanting to try this one for ages and I’m so glad I was finally able to get my hands on it. This may be my new favorite dessert tea! The black base is smooth and blends perfectly with the warm flavor of a sweet, nutty pastry. I love it plain but it also makes an AMAZING tea latte!

Flavors: Almond, Nuts, Pastries, Smooth, Sweet

I’m sometimes skeptical of highly creative, flavored teas but was completely won over by this astoundingly well balanced blend. Honestly, just opening the bag makes you feel like you’re wandering the streets of Paris at dawn. This tea also really does taste like brioche—the flavor lasts long after you’ve finished drinking. Gorgeous.

Oh! This actually tastes like pastry! Not just some unidentified bready thing like I was expecting. There is a good amount of almond and baking spice flavor, making this great for morning drinking or a dessert cup. I saw that this tea company also has a caffeine-free herbal version of this…but I can’t imagine at all how that could come even close to the flavor of this. I believe this was a sample from NayLynn. Thanks so much for letting me try it!!

Flavors: Almond, Cinnamon, Pastries

Got a sample of this from Stephanie-a rather generous sample at that! :D I hear that this tea is very Similar to Lupicia’s Cookie, so I’ve been curious about this one.
I think the closest this tea comes to Cookie is the dry leaf aroma. But while it’s steeping, the smell is mainly cinnamon.
The taste isn’t too much different. A lot of cinnamon, and a lot of butter. It’s like a really buttery, cinnamon cookie.
Not as strong as Cookie, or really as good in my opinion. But it’s not bad, I’ll definitely be able to finish the sample! Just wouldn’t purchase. Thank you so much for the generous sample, Stephanie! :D

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon

TeaBrat

I definitely prefer Cookie to this!

Kittenna

IMO Brioche is closer to Simpson & Vail’s Almond Sugar Cookie. Lupicia’s Cookie doesn’t have the cinnamon, just malty bakey deliciousness. :D

Ost

Ah, I just seem to keep reading notes of people comparing it to Cookie. But now that I’m thinking of it, you’re totally right. It is much more similar to Almond Sugar Cookie. But I think I liked Almond Sugar Cookie better even xD

Kittenna

I’ve seen the comparison before, too, but I wonder if someone got confused along the way. Of course, all three are baked-goods-type teas. And all three are yummy. I believe I also preferred S&V’s version to Brioche. But Cookie was another beast, and quite delicious, and I want moar. Hahaha.

TeaBrat

I want more of Cookie and Almond Sugar Cookie. I was seriously tempted to place an S&V order last week.

HHTTB

I’m smelling apple cinnamon pie, but there are no apples in this! It is tasting a bit like Teavana’s long gone Almond Biscotti that I dearly loved! It might have a little more cinnamon (which is fine by me) and has that almond cookie flavor to it too. I think I’m going to fall hard for this one. Thank you traveling tea boxes! I never would have thought to seek this one out otherwise!

Not sure what I can add to this, since it’s been so heavily reviewed, but here goes! I couldn’t wait to try this, so I ended up steeping some almost right after I opened the package.

Dry leaf scent was sweet, like sugar, and I picked up on cream right away. The tea liquor has those two scents plus butter. First few sips were just the brew, nothing added. Mostly creamy and buttery taste with a very subtle cinnamon note. Next I added milk, which amped up the cream flavor and transformed it into more of a baked good taste. It wasn’t until I added a tiny amount of coconut sugar that the tea fully lived up to it’s namesake. And, yes, it does have flavor reminiscent of a fresh baked pastry. I didn’t get much almond flavor, though I could see the almonds in the blend, I mean, they are right there, but the taste didn’t come through for me. And the strangest thing was that there was no black tea flavor. A tea that doesn’t taste like tea? Interesting.

For Marzipan: how does this compare with Lupicia’s Cookie? Well, they are completely different. Brioche has mostly cream and butter with a hint of cinnamon, and is much more subtle. Cookie is much more aromatic, and has a stronger flavor of sweetness and milkiness .

So, bottom line is I really like this tea, it’s subtle but well-balanced and certainly a great dessert black. I’ll definitely be friends with Brioche, but my heart belongs to Cookie.

UPDATE: brewed some with breakfast this morning, and steeped it longer than the amount recommended. And there it was: almond! The tea is so mild I think it can handle a steep as long as 6 minutes, so I’ll be doing an extended steep time from now on. More flavor that way and I didn’t get any acid or bitterness, either.

Flavors: Butter, Cinnamon, Cream, Pastries, Sugar

Kittenna

I would agree – I found Brioche to be along the same lines as Simpson & Vail’s Almond Sugar Cookie, which I do enjoy, but Cookie is a whole different animal. Stronger base tea, and different flavour entirely, though it’s still a baked goodsy flavour. drools

I finally have a few days off from work. And do you know what I’m going to do? Drink obscene amounts of tea! I’ve missed my tea :( Anyways, I’ve been saving the last of this sample for when I can just enjoy it. I love this tea! It’s sooo good. It reminds me of those cinnamon almonds you get at sporting events or any kind of event, actually. It’s full of cinnamon, almond, and custard flavors. Mmmm :)

Flavors: Almond, Cinnamon, Custard, Sugar

Cheri

Drinking tea is a great way to spend a day off! Enjoy!

KallieBoo!

Thank you! I shall enjoy :D

albertocanfly

You sure do know how to spend your free time!:D