Brioche Organic Tea

Almonds, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Safflowers
Baked Bread, Butter, Cinnamon, Nuts, Almond, Pastries, Raisins, Cream, Smooth, Sweet, Sugar, Custard, Vanilla, Maple Syrup, Orange Zest
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

From American Tea Room

Brioche’s astoundingly decadent aroma and flavor make it one of our best sellers. Even the dry leaves perfectly capture the spicy-sweet aroma of a Parisian patisserie with intoxicating, beguiling, tempting aromas of nuts, spices and an unrivaled baked sweet note.

Visually speaking, well-oxidized ebony leaves are contrasted with pale, sliced almonds, bits of cinnamon and vermillion-colored safflower blossoms. The brew is a shimmering rust color.

The aroma and flavor of Brioche are rich, nuanced and reminiscent of hot cinnamon buns, almond croissants, fine black tea and warm brioche with a touch of marmalade. It has an equally enchanting aftertaste that lasts and lasts…

This superbly balanced blend stands on its own as an indulgence, or pairs beautifully with breakfast pastries and fruity after-dinner desserts (such as Linzer tarts).

About American Tea Room View company

The aroma when I opened my sample about knocked me over. With the scents of almond and cinnamon wafting up, I was taken back to the time I spent in Paris wandering thru the little bakeries picking up pastries for breakfast. The blurb that American Tea Room has up about this tea is right on the mark. Visually this is also a very pleasing tea with the black tea leaves being mixed with almond slices and the scarlet of safflower blossoms.

I set up my first cup to brew in my Zarafina Tea-maker set on a medium black setting using 1 teaspoon of leaves. Once brewed the aroma of the almonds and cinnamon persist though they are lighter. I tried my first cup with just a touch of rock sugar and I have to admit that I was disappointed. The tea itself was very smooth but the cinnamon left a bitter aftertaste. Just not my cup of tea.

I am really glad that American Tea Room sends large enough samples that I could play around. For my second cup I used the same settings for brewing but once brewed I added a touch of creamer to go with the rock sugar. Oh my goodness, what a difference. My Brioche tea turned into the perfect desert tea. It was just like eating a cinnamon roll without all the calories. I also tried it with vanilla soy milk and I have to say that I am hooked. This tea is going on my list of order from American Tea Room.

The aroma of this tea is indeed incredibly buttery and nutty, with vanilla-almond and cinnamon overtones, not unlike sticky buns, but I have an image of that shiny chestnut crust of brioche swimming in front of my eyes, so I want it to be yeastier than it is! It smells so incredibly delicious that I’m afraid I will be disappointed when I take a sip!
Sigh, the sip is not as delicious as I imagined, but the aftertaste is all BUTTERY candied walnuts. For that alone I’m enjoying the heck out of this cup! It is indeed getting moar buttery and sweeter as it cools, and now I’m getting a little more of that aftertaste on the sip. Overall definitely something I could see myself ordering in the future!

ETA: This was a sample from the fabulous Stephanie, thanks a bunch!

Flavors: Baked Bread, Butter, Cinnamon, Nuts

Deep chill here today. I wore my coat to shield myself from the brisk wind. Brrr.

The kind of day to lounge around in flannel pyjamas and drink this. This tea, when you get the parameters right, is divine. The scent is like walking into a good bakery which has just taken their sweet buns out of the oven.

I added a small spoon of honey and a good glog of milk.
The taste is that same saffron almond bun fresh out of the oven. In my first cup, I swear I tasted raisins speckled with the teeniest flecks of cinnamon.

Very mmm.

Flavors: Almond, Cinnamon, Pastries, Raisins

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Nicole

Saffron almond bun???? Sounds heavenly.

Sipping down random teas in my cupboard.
I received a large bag of this last year from a teafriend as it had been on my wishlist for awhile. While I do not drink flavoured black teas so much anymore, I have nearly finished the bag of this.
It is quite tasty as far as flavoured teas goes and I can see why it was a popular one. Sweet like an almond danish. I’m glad I was able to try it – thank you teafriend!

This afternoon I made cheater blueberry croissants (you know, fresh blueberries liberally sprinkled with sugar and rolled up in Pillsbury crescent dough) and I made this tea to go with it. It was really yummy. This is a nice, mellow sort of tea, no sweetener needed, perfect to go with some pastry or cookies. And since I just received my order of Girls Scout cookies, I don’t believe my sample of this tea will last long.

Fjellrev

I really wish we could get Thin Mints in Canada haha.

Maddy Barone

I have friends in Winnipeg who place large orders with the Fargo and Minot Girl Scouts. The boxes are put carefully away in the freezer and when they come down they gorge themselves on Thin Mints. :) The shortbread ones are my faves.

Fjellrev

Nice! I actually haven’t tried any of them before, only the Canadian sandwich cookies,but I’m always hearing from our southern friends how amazing the Girl Scout cookies are. How much do they sell for, btw? I think I read that ours are $5 per box now.

Maddy Barone

They are $4.00 USD a box. Probably a little less expensive depending on the exchange rate.

gmathis

I didn’t know about cheater croissants, but that sounds tasty, and definitely easy enough for my minimal culinary skills!

OMGsrsly

I love that croissant idea! Too bad there isn’t any gluten free Pilsbury stuff available locally yet. I know they make it! I’ve seen it online. :)

This was my first time with Brioche. I had about 2 cups. I have to say, it really deserves the esteem it has. I found it so tasty and spot on almond brioche flavoured. I think I may have to seek this out to keep in my cupboard as soon as I sip down some of my older teas. Really enjoyable. Wow.

Flavors: Almond, Cream, Pastries

I really didn’t want to see the last of this, so I’ve found myself rationing this out as far as it will go. But since ATR offered free shipping this weekend, I scored a new bag! So now I feel alright about finishing this one. It looks like this is the second to last cup. Still so good :)

I had to order this tea as soon as I heard about it. It just sounded too perfect for me! And it is! Thank goodness seeing as I ordered a lot of it counting on exactly that.

First sip though I was terrified and thinking I’d made a terrible mistake. I tasted nothing. So I left it for a bit and after it cooled a bit it had improved exponentially. Maybe not as much almond as I’d hoped for, but it’s like sipping on a yummy little nutty pastry.

Anyway I’m pleased with this and can see myself cozying up with this in the evening! The sample I got with this order seems well chosen too, so I’m quite excited to give it a try later (Vanilla Noir, smells yum!)

3 min, 0 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML

I know I got this in a swap too, though I forget who sent it to me. Whoever it was, thank you! I’d been wanting to try this for ages but was never able to justify an ATR order, so it was great to be able to try a sample. And I’m glad I did do it this way, because in the end I didn’t like this tea as much as I expected to. I know it’s unreasonable to expect any tea to truly taste like briocke, but what I can I say? My expectations were set pretty high based on some of the rave reviews I’ve read. While I did get sweetness and some cinnamon, I didn’t pick up on anything pastry (let alone brioche)—this is a problem I have with most pastry teas. Anyway, this was alright, but it certainly didn’t live up to its name.

Dustin

If you ever do consider an ATR order, get on their mailing list. They send out coupons almost weekly!

Finally broke into this one and YUM! What I love is that it is butter and almonds without being too sweet. Tastes like walking into my favorite French bakery. So happy!

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Pastries