Brioche Organic Tea

Almonds, Black Tea, Cinnamon, Safflowers
Almond, Cream, Pastries, Butter, Nuts, Smooth, Sweet, Cinnamon, Sugar, Custard, Vanilla, Maple Syrup, Baked Bread, Orange Zest
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Pyroxy

From American Tea Room

Brioche’s astoundingly decadent aroma and flavor make it one of our best sellers. Even the dry leaves perfectly capture the spicy-sweet aroma of a Parisian patisserie with intoxicating, beguiling, tempting aromas of nuts, spices and an unrivaled baked sweet note.

Visually speaking, well-oxidized ebony leaves are contrasted with pale, sliced almonds, bits of cinnamon and vermillion-colored safflower blossoms. The brew is a shimmering rust color.

The aroma and flavor of Brioche are rich, nuanced and reminiscent of hot cinnamon buns, almond croissants, fine black tea and warm brioche with a touch of marmalade. It has an equally enchanting aftertaste that lasts and lasts…

This superbly balanced blend stands on its own as an indulgence, or pairs beautifully with breakfast pastries and fruity after-dinner desserts (such as Linzer tarts).

About American Tea Room View company

The aroma when I opened my sample about knocked me over. With the scents of almond and cinnamon wafting up, I was taken back to the time I spent in Paris wandering thru the little bakeries picking up pastries for breakfast. The blurb that American Tea Room has up about this tea is right on the mark. Visually this is also a very pleasing tea with the black tea leaves being mixed with almond slices and the scarlet of safflower blossoms.

I set up my first cup to brew in my Zarafina Tea-maker set on a medium black setting using 1 teaspoon of leaves. Once brewed the aroma of the almonds and cinnamon persist though they are lighter. I tried my first cup with just a touch of rock sugar and I have to admit that I was disappointed. The tea itself was very smooth but the cinnamon left a bitter aftertaste. Just not my cup of tea.

I am really glad that American Tea Room sends large enough samples that I could play around. For my second cup I used the same settings for brewing but once brewed I added a touch of creamer to go with the rock sugar. Oh my goodness, what a difference. My Brioche tea turned into the perfect desert tea. It was just like eating a cinnamon roll without all the calories. I also tried it with vanilla soy milk and I have to say that I am hooked. This tea is going on my list of order from American Tea Room.

Wow, what an awesome tea experience! I chose to drink this one on my morning break. So nice! Smooth, creamy, almost sweet on its own. When I finally work myself down to my 20 teas, this one will have a spot in the tea drawer. So glad I ordered a sample of this.

The not so nice news today is the passing of Alan Rickman. I was sad when I heard about David Bowie, but the news about Alan Rickman is even more devastating. Since the Potter books came out on Audible I’ve been getting one every few weeks and listening. Whenever the narrator speaks Snape’s dialogue I picture Alan Rickman. Sadness.

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Evol Ving Ness

Alan Rickman. Oh no. How very very sad.

And this tea, yes. I am beginning to understand what the buzz is all about.

This was my first time with Brioche. I had about 2 cups. I have to say, it really deserves the esteem it has. I found it so tasty and spot on almond brioche flavoured. I think I may have to seek this out to keep in my cupboard as soon as I sip down some of my older teas. Really enjoyable. Wow.

Flavors: Almond, Cream, Pastries

Had this again, and if it was just a bit less pricey, I can easily see it becoming my go-to morning cup. It’s hearty enough for breakfast tea, but not at all astringent or biting, and the bread notes make it pair perfectly with breakfast food.

__Morgana__

Love this one!

Tamarindel

yep, it’s pretty addictive :)

I had to order this tea as soon as I heard about it. It just sounded too perfect for me! And it is! Thank goodness seeing as I ordered a lot of it counting on exactly that.

First sip though I was terrified and thinking I’d made a terrible mistake. I tasted nothing. So I left it for a bit and after it cooled a bit it had improved exponentially. Maybe not as much almond as I’d hoped for, but it’s like sipping on a yummy little nutty pastry.

Anyway I’m pleased with this and can see myself cozying up with this in the evening! The sample I got with this order seems well chosen too, so I’m quite excited to give it a try later (Vanilla Noir, smells yum!)

3 min, 0 sec 6 OZ / 177 ML

I know I got this in a swap too, though I forget who sent it to me. Whoever it was, thank you! I’d been wanting to try this for ages but was never able to justify an ATR order, so it was great to be able to try a sample. And I’m glad I did do it this way, because in the end I didn’t like this tea as much as I expected to. I know it’s unreasonable to expect any tea to truly taste like briocke, but what I can I say? My expectations were set pretty high based on some of the rave reviews I’ve read. While I did get sweetness and some cinnamon, I didn’t pick up on anything pastry (let alone brioche)—this is a problem I have with most pastry teas. Anyway, this was alright, but it certainly didn’t live up to its name.

Dustin

If you ever do consider an ATR order, get on their mailing list. They send out coupons almost weekly!

Finally broke into this one and YUM! What I love is that it is butter and almonds without being too sweet. Tastes like walking into my favorite French bakery. So happy!

Flavors: Almond, Butter, Pastries

I couldn’t help myself last week when American Tea Room announced free US shipping on any order and so I bit on some teas I’ve been eyeing off for a while now (sample packs only I swear!!) and have been desperate to try. First out of the package was Brioche and let me tell you, scent wise, this tea is intoxicating!! Both the dry leaf and brewed liquor smell heavily of almond croissant however the taste doesn’t quite live up to the promise in my opinion… Although the almond and pastry notes are present they’re a little too weak and all this tea has done is make me crave real almond croissants!! Tasty but a little disappointing…maybe i’ll try more leaf in my next cup to see if this solves the problem and so I’m holding off on rating for now….

I’ve been wanting to try this one for ages and I’m so glad I was finally able to get my hands on it. This may be my new favorite dessert tea! The black base is smooth and blends perfectly with the warm flavor of a sweet, nutty pastry. I love it plain but it also makes an AMAZING tea latte!

Flavors: Almond, Nuts, Pastries, Smooth, Sweet

I’m sometimes skeptical of highly creative, flavored teas but was completely won over by this astoundingly well balanced blend. Honestly, just opening the bag makes you feel like you’re wandering the streets of Paris at dawn. This tea also really does taste like brioche—the flavor lasts long after you’ve finished drinking. Gorgeous.